Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.30.2008, 10:33 PM   #7861
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Yes indeed, lilly
Old 08.30.2008, 10:36 PM   #7862
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
there's no place to sit down at warped tour besides the guitar hero tent they had this year and the first aid/food areas. i was so glad to just sit down when i got home that day.
Old 08.30.2008, 10:39 PM   #7863
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37

Funnily enough, one of the shows I'm skipping is Conor Oberst. The venue is great and sometimes they take out the seats but not for Conor Oberst or TV on The Radio, and probably not Todd Rundgren. I saw (and sat) Blonde Redhead there, but only because I wasn't going to miss the show.

oh man, i'd love to see conor.

the only time i've ever sat down at a show is for the london symphony orchestra (which i catch every time they're in daytona) and in st augustine for david dondero. they knew it'd be a hell of a long show so they brought out every chair that i think they owned. still had less than a 50 person turnout, which was cool.
Old 08.30.2008, 10:41 PM   #7864
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I'm gonna watch Raising Arizona. Your replies better coincide with my opinions after I watch it!
Old 08.30.2008, 10:43 PM   #7865
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
oh man, i'd love to see conor.

the only time i've ever sat down at a show is for the london symphony orchestra (which i catch every time they're in daytona) and in st augustine for david dondero. they knew it'd be a hell of a long show so they brought out every chair that i think they owned. still had less than a 50 person turnout, which was cool.

It's Conor and Jenny Lewis, but I really don't want to pay $40 and be 20 rows back sitting down. Plus, I've got the Mars Volta the next night and Black Keys the night after that, so I'm not totally bummed out.
Old 08.30.2008, 10:44 PM   #7866
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
the first time i saw apocalyptica, i saw them sitting down and it was amazing.

i've seen plenty of shows sitting down, you can't rock out to all music.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 10:47 PM   #7867
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
It's Conor and Jenny Lewis, but I really don't want to pay $40 and be 20 rows back sitting down. Plus, I've got the Mars Volta the next night and Black Keys the night after that, so I'm not totally bummed out.

whoa, the mars volta? i wanted to see them earlier this year but i wasn't in town. my friends went without me and called me during it just to tell me how much i was missing.

yeah, the night the walkmen are playing an hour or so north of here, i'm seeing against me! and ted leo at a venue in downtown disney. it's going to be a great night.
Old 08.30.2008, 10:48 PM   #7868
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
the first time i saw apocalyptica, i saw them sitting down and it was amazing.

i've seen plenty of shows sitting down, you can't rock out to all music.

at a show in provo, i sat right under the drumset on stage and it was fucking amazing.
Old 08.30.2008, 10:49 PM   #7869
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Mars Volta is going to be epic. I still have to drive 2 hours, but I'm meeting up with 3 of my friends. No opening band, they go on at 8. It's going to be intense. I've told everyone to be there at 6 so we are up front.
Old 08.30.2008, 10:51 PM   #7870
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i saw the ex with getatchew mekurya plus mahmoud ahmed and others and i was sitting down the whole time, but totally rocking in the groove.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 10:56 PM   #7871
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i saw the ex with getatchew mekurya plus mahmoud ahmed and others and i was sitting down the whole time, but totally rocking in the groove.

josh- good strategy. that's going to be truly epic. the showing up early thing always works.. i'll always remember xiu xiu in april when these two guys and i got to the bar where they were playing hours in advance (honky tonk texan bar slash venue) and we helped jamie stewart and the opening band set up stuff while the bar regulars stared us up and down.
Old 08.30.2008, 10:58 PM   #7872
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

I always get to shows hours early. It'll be great as long as my friends don't show up stoned, it's very possible. Unfortunately, nothing cool has happened because of it.
Old 08.30.2008, 11:01 PM   #7873
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

if i knew i'd be able to follow along during the show, i think seeing the mars volta stoned would be pretty fun.

show up to deerhoof early and chat up greg. he's a blast to just listen to. i think i've told the whole story of this show on here a dozen times, but honestly deerhof is an experience.
Old 08.30.2008, 11:04 PM   #7874
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

The main reason I'm against it is that one of them is a insufferable bitch most of the time and even more so when stoned. Plus, he's never been to a concert before and I refuse to console or babysit his ass for 2 and half or 3 hours.

I'll be a Deerhoof at least an hour and a half before doors and will try to get inside.
Old 08.30.2008, 11:17 PM   #7875
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

that was like how i took my then-best friend to see clap your hands say yeah last year, and she was such a baby about it. she wore earplugs as to not destroy her ears. she asked me why there were so many drunk people, and i said because indie rock is more tolerable drunk. she didn't pick up on my attempt at a joke.
Old 08.30.2008, 11:23 PM   #7876
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Hopefully he won't be a bitch. He like TMV, so maybe he'll stand it. If he doesn't, I'll just have the crowd pass him to the back. It's really weird, the four of us that are going. One is totally into hardcore punk, another is a Deadhead, the whiney one loves Radiohead and Nirvana, and then there's me. It should be fun and intersting.

WTF? Salad Fingers...This creeps me out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4J5Xpca3kY
Old 08.30.2008, 11:28 PM   #7877
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

I used to go to shows with a girl friend of mine. We had the exact same tastes, but it was cool. Now she's too far away to go . That's the main reason I wanted to go to the other Deerhoof, so we could go together.

I'm halfway through it. Trying to decide what's up next.
Old 08.30.2008, 11:33 PM   #7878
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

my friend in tallahassee wants me to take her to something in orlando because being involved in dance, she doesn't get out too much. being four hours away is the only issue. otherwise, i told her she's welcome.

i'm almost at the end, and i have it set to repeat but i'm thinking of putting on sister because i haven't listened to it for so long.
Old 08.30.2008, 11:39 PM   #7879
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

She's like 3 hours away and in a prime music area, so it won't be long before I'm over her way.

Something Sonic would be good...I've not listened to Sister in a long time either, but I'm not really in the mood for it.
Old 08.30.2008, 11:40 PM   #7880
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

some cool stuff goes on in tallahassee and i have tons of people up there i'm friendly with, but it's too far.

last night i put on evol but i wasn't feeling it. if i'm not in the mood, i really can't listen to sonic youth anymore.
344384391392393 394 3953963974044444948941394 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth