Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Summer starts now
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.02.2007, 11:03 PM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Summer starts now.

April 2007www.KungFuNation.com

So much Sonic activity
The big news: Sonic Youth will be performing the music from the Daydream Nation LP at a few select concerts this summer. Everyone at work is gonna ask for vacation at the same time and how will that work? Our last email mentioned the publication of the 33 &1/3 book about Daydream Nation without mentioning that it had yet to be released. Sorry. We just received them today, they're in stock and it looks good. But wait, there's more.....
Click here for Daydream Nation - the book.

Destroyed Room on Vinyl

The vinyl version of the SY rarities and B-sides compilation, "the destroyed room" will be released tomorrow, April 3, but you can pre-order today. A 2-LP set on the band's own Goofin' Records label. This vinyl release features two bonus tracks: 'Doctor's Orders and 'Is it my Body?' Click here to order.

From the vaults

While we're looking back and celebrating, we collected some old flyers to create some new tees; flyers from the Pyramid Club, Danceteria, Mudd Club and other legendary ghosts of NYC. We think they're pretty rad. And this summer, SY will release the deluxe reissue of Daydream Nation. We're planning a contest and we already chose the prize. An original Richter painting? Better! Details coming soon.

Check out the new SY tees here...

More flyers For all the books, records and t-shirts you'll be toting around, we have this lovely new tote bag. The perfect size for carrying LP's and some books and even groceries. They really do work better than plastic bags and I swear, the older, dirtier and more beat-up they get, the better they look.

Click here to see (that image over there is too small).

Sonic Live
In addition to the Daydream Nation shows, the band will also be playing with Vooredoms in Japan, in China, Europe - all over the globe.

Click here for the their upcoming tour dates.

Thanks!!!

Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2007, 11:13 PM   #2
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I got that email today.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 03:44 AM   #3
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
I got that email today.

I thought that some of us didn't so I posted it here.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 11:43 PM   #4
ahhavalon
little trouble girl

ahhavalon ain't too shabby
not I. Thank you.
ahhavalon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2007, 12:26 AM   #5
fluxequalsrad
stalker

fluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's asses
Has anyone read the 33 1/3 Daydream Nation book? I'm seriously considering it and and I've never read a book in that series. Is it worth it? (cheap I imagine anyways..)..is it a good read?
fluxequalsrad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2007, 05:34 PM   #6
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad
Has anyone read the 33 1/3 Daydream Nation book? I'm seriously considering it and and I've never read a book in that series. Is it worth it? (cheap I imagine anyways..)..is it a good read?

I dont know i had really high hopes for that book then i checked the website out and the writer seems to have analyzed wrongly translated lyrics there by making innacurate conclusion form them. Thurston himself went on the website and posted some correction to the lyrics since he has an early copy of the book, I really hope it gets sorted out before it goes to print.

http://33third.blogspot.com/2007/03/...am-nation.html

^
You can read thurston's comments about the misread lyrics there
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2007, 09:31 AM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04.05.2007, 10:59 AM   #8
fluxequalsrad
stalker

fluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's asses
its a guilty man/ that can grease the crack/ it's total trash/ slap him on the back/ with a heavy rock

some pretty homophobic shit right there
fluxequalsrad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2007, 03:26 PM   #9
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
Its gonna be a good summa

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth