Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Interesting music for a bored guy...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.06.2006, 07:31 PM   #21
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
i've been listening to meat puppetts II alot today. thedom reccomended it to me. it's really somthin
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 07:35 PM   #22
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
i've been listening to meat puppetts II alot today. thedom reccomended it to me. it's really somthin

i recently heard it for the first time and it's really cool.

in fact...

bored guy: take a look at the "what are you listening to" thread, that can give you plenty of ideas on what to listen to
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 04:36 AM   #23
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Weezer sounds like Slipknot? Stupidest comment I've heard all day.

Modest Mouse - Check out the song "Tundra/Desert" or "Life of Artic Sounds".
Arab on Radar - Yahweh or the Highway!
Xiu Xiu/Ten in the Swear Jar/XXL - Try songs like "Apistat Commander" and "Sad Pony Guerilla Girl"
Sufjan Stevens - "Romulus" can make me cry.
Elliot Smith - Either/Or is great
Mates of State - Team Boo is one of the cutest albums ever.
Iron&Wine - In The Reigns
Drive Like Jehu/Hot Snakes - Get Suicide Invoice or Yank Crime
the Unicorns/Islands - Great bands. Diamonds is a genius.
Animal Collective - Yeah.
Death Cab - Overhyped? Yes. Good? Yes.

The comparison I made with Slipknot is not a comparison of musical style : I just see them as your regular commercial band : you know the one you hear in those teenager sitcoms . But you don't have to agree...

I once heard a nice song but DCFC but their recordings are hard to get out here. Modest Mouse's ' The moon and Antarctica has a few good songs', I'll check them out again...
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 05:14 AM   #24
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Alban Berg - Piano Sonata Op.1
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 05:23 AM   #25
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
I have been enjoying these recently:

Inca Ore - Brute Nature vs Wild Magic
Sunroof! - Cloudz
The Fall - Dragnet
Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
No Neck Blues Band - Letters From the Earth and nnckembryo
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 06:34 AM   #26
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
Well since you're in Paris, you might as well listen to some music from Quebec. I know that you can get Mononc Serge et Anonymus - l'Académie du Massacre, a mixture of trash pop and speed metal. Weird mix. Find out more at http://www.mononc.qc.ca

Also, free of charge, you can download a bunch of MC Gilles' shows, he's a DJ at Université de Montreal's radio, and he spins some awful, kitch records.
http://www.mcgilles.com/ARCHIVES.html
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 01:09 PM   #27
The 97th Hammer
bad moon rising

The 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard sucka
Polvo
The 97th Hammer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth