Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth November update
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.18.2006, 04:31 AM   #1
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth November UpdateBody:Hello Everyone-

After wrapping up Summer and early Fall touring, Sonic Youth have had time to put a few things together that were waiting in the wings while the band was onstage:

On December 12, Geffen Records will release 'The Destroyed Room: B-Sides and Rarities', a collection hand picked by the band which focuses on tracks previously available only on vinyl, limited-release compilations, or as b-sides to international singles. Some of this material has never before been released. Click here for a complete tracklist and more info. Goofin' Records will release the 2xLP version early in 2007, with one bonus track 'Doctor's Orders (T-vox)' from the Self-Obsessed & Sexxee single.

In other news, the sonicyouth.com store has been replenished with excellent fresh loot. A limited edition 2x12" record on Saucerlike records is now available. Recorded one night during Sonic Youth's 2004 Australian Tour when Thurston, Steve, Lee, and Jim headed to the Saucerlike Records warehouse in Melbourne, the record was cut direct to disk in front of a small audience. Also newly available at the store are several DVD's: the Olivier Assayas film Demonlover featuring soundtrack by Sonic Youth, the Free Tibet concert film with live SY footage, and Lee's 'Drift' collaboration with Leah Singer. Plus ever-changing T=shirts designs, CD's and Vinyl of 'Rather Ripped', and the 'Helen Lundeburg'/'Eyeliner' 7" and more.

Before the year ends Sonic Youth will be back on the stage a few more times, this time heading to Europe. The trip kicks off with The Nightmare Before Christmas version of the All Tomorrow's Parties festival which Thurston curated. The Festival runs December 8-10 in Somerset, England and is sold out. The band then heads to Brussels for two shows at Les Halles Dec. 11 and 12, then Paris on the 13th, Den Haag on the 15th, and Berlin on the 16. Ticket information for these shows on the calendar page. In advance of this tour, Thurston, Lee, and Kim crisscross the globe endlessly with various art projects and solo performances, details of which can be found at sonicyouth.com. Steve on the other hand is methodically working his way up the East Coast of the USA and then throughout Italy on tour with Two Dollar Guitar. The tour started about a week ago and continues on strait until ATP. For complete dates check out the calendar page.

Be sure to check out 7 new videos for 4 songs from 'Rather Ripped' now streaming on the sonicyouth.com video page. And keep your eyes and ears open for more records and live shows in 2007.

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 05:32 AM   #2
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses

nice tee!!!!

hi jef!
Old 11.18.2006, 01:40 PM   #3
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I wasn't thinking about picking up the record but looking at the tracklisting im more interested now.I haven't heard half of this record. Hey, where's "my arena"? You know "pass me a joint, joint joint,". Perphaps they're saving it for a washing machine deluxed edition

Fire Engine Dream - (2003) outtake from "Sonic Nurse;" previously unreleased

Fauxhemians - (2001) from The Noho Furniture Sessions; originally released on the "All Tomorrow's Parties 1.1" compilation ATP Records.

Razor Blade - (1994) b-side from the "Bull in the Heather" single

Blink - (1999) from the "Pola X" soundtrack

Campfire - (2000) from the "At Home With The Groovebox" compilation originally released on Grand Royal Records.

Loop Cat - (2003) from the "You Can Never Go Fast Enough" compilation originally released on Plain Recordings.

Kim's Chords - (2003) Japanese bonus track from "Sonic Nurse"

Beautiful Plateau - (2003) Japanese bonus track from "Sonic Nurse"

Three Part Sectional Love Seat- (2001) from The Noho Furniture Sessions; previously unreleased

Queen Anne Chair - (2001) from The Noho Furniture Sessions; previously unreleased

The Diamond Sea - (1995) LP version with alternate ending, b-side from The Diamond Sea CD single
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 01:56 PM   #4
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
And keep your eyes and ears open for more records and live shows in 2007.
Yes!
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 03:01 PM   #5
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656

nice tee!!!!

hi jef!

If there would be a medium size one, i'd buy it right away. Mailed to the nation if a medium will be available.

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 04:02 PM   #6
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I'm still hoping we won't get such a bad tour next year. Why does Central Europe get a bunch of shows and the only show in England is 18+ only?
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 04:03 PM   #7
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
shut up kiddo , here in italy we have NO shows !
GRRRRR
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 04:12 PM   #8
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Growl!
Old 11.19.2006, 02:15 AM   #9
mikec
bad moon rising

mikec has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
And keep your eyes and ears open for more records and live shows in 2007.

more shows? i thought for sure they were done touring for rather ripped. not that i'm complaining or anything.
mikec is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2006, 04:05 PM   #10
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedcola
Perphaps they're saving it for a washing machine deluxed edition

that would be fucking sweet!
can you imagine that! outtakes from wm? uff.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2006, 06:40 PM   #11
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
more shows? i thought for sure they were done touring for rather ripped. not that i'm complaining or anything.

pretty standard for SY to release a record in spring/summer of an even year, tour all summer, tour the fall/winter (sometimes sporadically), tour afar early in the following year (usually japan in february), tour more throughout the 'odd' year, start working on material about halfway thru the odd year, premiere it late in the odd year, start recording it, and have it ready for the spring/summer of the following 'even' year. they've been working like clockwork since roughly '97/98.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2006, 06:42 PM   #12
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

I long for a return to the 80s form, where there was a new and exciting album pretty much every year.

A man can dream..
Old 11.20.2006, 10:36 AM   #13
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
I like that shirt
Old 11.20.2006, 12:19 PM   #14
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
cute shirt.

i'm just hoping they come with in 100 miles or so of here.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth