Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page new sunn O)))
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.20.2009, 03:25 AM   #81
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Me posting a link to a great new album is NOT the same as my feelings on Sunn releasing way too many things (to the point where some people may not even bother checking out the new one becaus, hey, they've listened to 10 limited edition Sunn releases of a riff going 4-4-5-6 for an hour).

This new one has diversity, range, layers... songwriting! It's really good, guys, trust me.

They're definitely a band in an enviable position -- if I were an envious person. Instead, I'll happily spend years of my life making music which only like 1 or 2 people will constantly buy while they fart in mud-sharp and have the rock press sucking them off. Because ultimately, music isn't about money anyway... but again I don't want to debate. I like Sunn, I like this album, and I like this board.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2009, 03:28 AM   #82
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
You'd probably like sunn... since you're the drone king, slavo.

Thanks ... I'm not sure I'd like them though, as I've never been into the darker side of things. That might also be the reason why I don't like bands like Current 93 and such.
I'm the king of joy drone, then.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2009, 03:28 AM   #83
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Me posting a link to a great new album is NOT the same as my feelings on Sunn releasing way too many things (to the point where some people may not even bother checking out the new one becaus, hey, they've listened to 10 limited edition Sunn releases of a riff going 4-4-5-6 for an hour).

This new one has diversity, range, layers... songwriting! It's really good, guys, trust me.

They're definitely a band in an enviable position -- if I were an envious person. Instead, I'll happily spend years of my life making music which only like 1 or 2 people will constantly buy while they fart in mud-sharp and have the rock press sucking them off. Because ultimately, music isn't about money anyway... but again I don't want to debate. I like Sunn, I like this album, and I like this board.

Sorry, but your comments about them ooze with envy.
Again, no hard feelings.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2009, 03:33 AM   #84
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Oh man, totally, I'm so jealous that I constantly praise their work on here and elsewhere, have bought 3 of their releases directly from the label themselves, and been a fan for.. lemme check... 5 years now. Dude, I'm so totally red with envy that I'm even going to say that I'm happy that they're improving as a band and I can't wait for their next release!

You do realize one of my bands started as a fucking SUNN TRIBUTE BAND, right?

What an idiotic response from you. No hard feelings. I'm not jealous of anybody right off hand, except maybe that dumbass that's fucking Scarlett Johannson. Anyone with the drive and the willpower (and the friends in high places) can become successful; it's not too difficult. Sunn have worked hard and I respect them for the most part... but a million releases in a row of the same nonsense -- and this is coming from a fan's perspective, and I gurantee I'm not the only fan to think this -- can be a bit silly and insulting. Just imagine how the perception of this band would change if they had only stuck to their main albums, all which show considerable growth from album to album. I enjoy their work, they're not above criticism though.

Anyway, y'all, my link is obviously going to cost Sunn tons of money (from people that weren't going to buy the album in the first place). So, just go to experimentaletc blog if you want this.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2009, 06:56 AM   #85
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Robe. O)))
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2009, 06:54 PM   #86
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Monoliths & Dimensions is really fucking solid.

I agree with the comments on Attila's vocals though. There's so much cool shit going on in that first song that his vocals just distract from.
Old 05.20.2009, 07:07 PM   #87
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I agree with everyone else basically.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth