Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I got fired yesterday!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.23.2006, 03:20 PM   #1
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
Now hear the shit that I went through! I go to work Friday from 10:00am to 11:10pm I had to put up with some heavy shit that day but all was good not once did I blow up on someone. The next day I go to work & I don't see my name on the board so the manager call me in the office & asks me if I said these specific words yesterday "I'm nobody's nigger" I told him no he then said 3 people winessed me say this. I told him how I worked 13 hours & 10 minutes shift & @ the end of work I rolled my silverware in the corner didn't say anything to anyone cause I didn't want anyone saying anything to me. I also said that they have me working like a Hebrew slave but I said that in front of a manger & the bitch said good, I told him you can go ask the manager what I said. Then David (the manager) tells me he's going to do reserch & print a document out about 5 pages long I told him it's ok that it hasn't been the first time I was hated on by other coworkers he didn't really care about what I had to say so he asks me to go back to the floor ask I walk out Kieth the other manager says thank you & I'm like yeah what ever because it was a total set up so the call me back to the office & he starts about how I should not disrespect his managers, I told him I feel dissed because I have 3 people with this accusation & how people gossip about me in my job but I don't go telling him who's doing the gossiping & that he has a bunch of gossiping women. He (David) then said that a discriminatory remark & if I said that again that he would fire me & to go home for the day. I said their is a real double standard here you talk about how you treat your employees as good as your guest & how I feel different & how my life will go on after Cracker Barrel & how Cracker Barrel will go on without me, he then proceeded to tell me to give him my discount card, book & apron I threw 2 item @ the desk & the apron on the floor, then turned walked out the door & said "it was a pleasure knowing you all, peace" & stormed out the place like a bat out of hell. Now ain't that a bitch, yo I was one of their best workers. People would go to the restaurant & ask for me. I would leave that place with more money than anyone there & they played me like a fiddle.

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 03:36 PM   #2
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Cracker barrel sucks anyway. Did you know that they refuse to hire homosexuals? And a lady found a mouse in her soup at one of them.

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 03:51 PM   #3
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
sounds like your better off without them. find somewhere better to work with nicer people. i have been in a similar situation myself and it sucked at the time but in the long run i found a much better job with nicer people.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 06:08 PM   #4
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
still, it sucks being treated badly at work, and them having the audacity to still fire you...
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 06:14 PM   #5
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
burn the place down!

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 06:39 PM   #6
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Youth
Now hear the shit that I went through! I go to work Friday from 10:00am to 11:10pm I had to put up with some heavy shit that day but all was good not once did I blow up on someone. The next day I go to work & I don't see my name on the board so the manager call me in the office & asks me if I said these specific words yesterday "I'm nobody's nigger" I told him no he then said 3 people winessed me say this. I told him how I worked 13 hours & 10 minutes shift & @ the end of work I rolled my silverware in the corner didn't say anything to anyone cause I didn't want anyone saying anything to me. I also said that they have me working like a Hebrew slave but I said that in front of a manger & the bitch said good, I told him you can go ask the manager what I said. Then David (the manager) tells me he's going to do reserch & print a document out about 5 pages long I told him it's ok that it hasn't been the first time I was hated on by other coworkers he didn't really care about what I had to say so he asks me to go back to the floor ask I walk out Kieth the other manager says thank you & I'm like yeah what ever because it was a total set up so the call me back to the office & he starts about how I should not disrespect his managers, I told him I feel dissed because I have 3 people with this accusation & how people gossip about me in my job but I don't go telling him who's doing the gossiping & that he has a bunch of gossiping women. He (David) then said that a discriminatory remark & if I said that again that he would fire me & to go home for the day. I said their is a real double standard here you talk about how you treat your employees as good as your guest & how I feel different & how my life will go on after Cracker Barrel & how Cracker Barrel will go on without me, he then proceeded to tell me to give him my discount card, book & apron I threw 2 item @ the desk & the apron on the floor, then turned walked out the door & said "it was a pleasure knowing you all, peace" & stormed out the place like a bat out of hell. Now ain't that a bitch, yo I was one of their best workers. People would go to the restaurant & ask for me. I would leave that place with more money than anyone there & they played me like a fiddle.

PWN3D
Old 07.23.2006, 07:14 PM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Dose bitches got burned.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 07:16 PM   #8
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I think the next thing to decide would be what rifle to go on a rampage with.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 07:28 PM   #9
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
join the union at your next job
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 10:05 PM   #10
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sorry about that, getting fired blows.
Old 07.23.2006, 10:13 PM   #11
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Fired for racial comments at a place called "Cracker Barrel"? Do they not see the irony here?

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 10:13 PM   #12
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
when life shuts one door, it opens another... or something like that...
Old 07.23.2006, 10:14 PM   #13
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
"When life shuts a door it opens a window". Presumably so you can jump out of it to end yr crappy life.

I couldn't really understand what you were saying, Disgruntled Youth, becasue yr whole thread was one long run on sentence. I got the basic gyst of it, but in the future, use punctuation.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 11:25 PM   #14
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Thing is, when you are employed at these places, these glorified fast food sit-down restaurants, in most cases you must work alongside co-workers that have a "jailhouse" mentality. In most of the restaurants I have worked in, most of the employees are on pre-trial release, probation, parole or are in a halfway house. Therefore, sadly, you must be on guard at all times not to let them know much about yourself & not to give them any ammo to use against you, just as if you were locked up in jail with these people.
If one makes a habit of just treating them with trust, venting around them & really telling them what is on your mind then they will use it against you after finding out what pushes your buttons or they will invariably use the information as leverage to make their sorry asses look good to the management or ownership.
I have found this especially to be true if one does a good job. People that really depend on these types of low-paying service industry jobs are, for the most part, sorry slack asses & they really do not like it when someone shows them up by doing exemplary work.

Waiters & waitresses are a bit less likely than the kitchen staff to be in some sort of legal trouble, but ultimately, they are probably even more likely to be back-stabbers. The scheduling & section assignments for wait staff is always done through favortism with the management & this leads to the ridiculous requirement that one engage in workplace politics. Food & sex just sort of go together or something, because restaurants are one type of work environment where usually everyone is fucking each other & most of the time, the managers are perverts who like to abuse their rinky-dink power.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 11:39 PM   #15
afterthefact
invito al cielo

hey kingcoffee, nobody cares about your opnion, but thanks for tryin' anyways...
Old 07.24.2006, 12:56 AM   #16
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
much sympathy for you man.
but from what i read, you deserve better
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2006, 04:14 AM   #17
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Youth
Then David (the manager) tells me he's going to do reserch & print a document out about 5 pages long. I said their is a real double standard here you talk about how you treat your employees as good as your guest & how I feel different & how my life will go on after Cracker Barrel & how Cracker Barrel will go on without me. I would leave that place with more money than anyone there & they played me like a fiddle.
The document part impressed me. There's always someone devoted to gather elements (well they might be good) on employees. Now, what's extracted from that is always up to the managers & you're rarely given the opportunity to see what's in there. Looks like a custody, and pretty useful for double standard twisters... This is disgusting and widely spread (some assholes I worked for were exactly the same). Joining an union might be a good thing, at least to meet people sharing the same feeling so that hatred doesn't take hold of your life for a while.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2006, 05:38 AM   #18
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
atari 2600's post is depressingly truthful, and not just for fast-food restaurants either, but basically anywhere where the chances of promotion or advancement of any sort are basically zilch, and where you slave until you earn senoir citizen benefits and get paid exactly the same amount of money back when you started out as an 11 year old fresh from the home for juvenile delinquents and troubled youth; e.g factories, convenience stores, video stores, etc, etc. The truth of the matter is, these places are only good for people who have failed in some capacity in a position of some responsibility or authority elsewhere; for these type of people, the situation is ideal, the whole 'big fish in a small pond' archetype fitting these people to a 't'. So, they have a chance to 'redeem' themselves by exercising every iota of power and authority they have; and they do so by taking it out on all the miserable and desperate people aforementioned in atari 2600's post. The best bet is to get out of there while you still can; find a job that makes you practice your skills, either mental or physical. A job in a workshop is good, though hard; it is the type of work atmosphere where your contributions are easily recognized, construction work is also tough, but good, as the pay is reasonable and the work affords you skills that are hard to come by. I'm sure there are tons of jobs out there just waiting to be discovered. Do not trap yourself in a dead-end situation.
Old 07.24.2006, 06:47 AM   #19
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
fuckin wankers, burn that fuckin shithole to the ground.

with them all in it.
Old 07.24.2006, 07:57 AM   #20
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
fuckin wankers, burn that fuckin shithole to the ground.

with them all in it.

if you don't burn them with it, they will just collect the insurance, so you really HAVE to burn it down with them in it...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth