Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Coronavirus
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.11.2020, 05:45 PM   #821
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
anybody gardening this spring?

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.
Old 04.11.2020, 05:48 PM   #822
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.
lmfao

thanks for that
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2020, 06:17 PM   #823
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
a question for i fratelli d'italia:

if you have pomodori col tonno, as a sauce i mean, with cipolla, do you add parmigiano, or is it a crime because fish?

imma put some on it. i would think romano perhaps better but i have none. sue me if you must. i saw you eat pizza col tonno once. plus there's burro in it. plus i'm using every ingredient in the house #quarantine

ps- but please enlighten me. if not now, when?
Old 04.11.2020, 06:31 PM   #824
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Call me Ishmael.
Old 04.11.2020, 06:34 PM   #825
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

also want to know if to make pasta frolla with semolina flour i could skip the egg. i saw a recipe with just water and olive oil and i might risk it.

also thinking of making a flax egg as binder instead. now that would be highly unorthodox but charlemagne wanted flax to grow in his empire and here we are today. also fresh butter will be gone soon.
Old 04.11.2020, 07:35 PM   #826
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
^Just go to the shop ye' muppet
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2020, 08:51 PM   #827
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
^Just go to the shop ye' muppet
fuck that, one has to stand in line with all the imbeciles

i dont fear corona but imbecility is a real threat

i’ll go one of these days maybe
Old 04.11.2020, 08:51 PM   #828
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

from the washington post right now. i was just coming to post it

Medical databases show 1 in 10 hospitalized middle-aged coronavirus patients in U.S. do not survive
Joel Achenbach

The coronavirus is killing about 1 in 10 hospitalized middle-aged patients and 4 in 10 older than 85 in the United States, and is particularly lethal to men even when taking into account common chronic diseases that exacerbate risk, according to previously unpublished data from a company that aggregates real-time patient data from 1,000 hospitals and 180,000 health-care providers.

Allscripts, through its subsidiary CarePort Health, released the data collected from multiple electronic health record companies across the nation. It does not identify patients by name.

Image without a caption
Allscripts said it was repurposing the data to help hospitals better understand the nature of covid-19 and the needs of patients who are discharged but will need follow-up care.

“Never in the history of the world has there been something that operated at this scale, and never have we had the ability to track it electronically the way we can today,” Allscripts CEO Paul Black said Saturday.

“We couldn’t have done this five years ago,” he said.

The new data do not cover everyone infected by the virus, only patients who have been hospitalized. The CarePort data come from facilities in 43 states. The high death rates in the data reflect the fact that hospitals typically admit only patients with severe symptoms, CarePort CEO Lissy Hu said.

Sign up for our Coronavirus Updates newsletter to track the outbreak. All stories linked in the newsletter are free to access.

Most cases of covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, are mild to moderate, and people generally can recover at home.

The first batch of data covers 6,479 hospitalized patients, roughly four times the number of patients analyzed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in a surveillance report released Wednesday.

“We have data from all these different sources, in terms of hospitals large and small, different geographies, different electronic health records,” Hu said. Most hospitals have information only from within their own electronic records, she said. Instead of the data being used for analysis after the fact, the release of the information now can help hospitals respond while the pandemic is ongoing, she said.

This broader swath of data largely echoes the CDC findings. One difference: CarePort found that, after adjusting the estimated mortality rate to take age into account, chronic kidney disease appears to correspond to a 2.5 times greater risk of death among hospitalized patients.

According to CarePort, an 85-year-old who has no chronic diseases and is hospitalized faces a mortality risk between 22 and 27 percent. But if the person has what is known as existing acute kidney injury, the mortality rate spikes to 39 to 49 percent.

“The strongest signal for us based on our data seems to be kidney disease,” Hu said.

These numbers reinforce what has been known about covid-19 since it first flared in China: This is a disease that is far more severe in the elderly, people with underlying chronic diseases and particularly older people with multiple chronic conditions.

Among the common diseases associated with higher levels of mortality from covid-19 are diabetes, lung disease and heart disease. These are common conditions in the United States, and the medical community is still trying to understand how these conditions affect the progression of covid-19.

Covid-19 can sicken a person at any age. The Allscripts data show that 57 percent of people hospitalized were under the age of 65, which is consistent with CDC data.

The new data show that, even when controlling for age and the most common chronic diseases, men are 1.3 times as likely as women to die in the hospital from covid-19. This is consistent with observations in China and Italy, and it remains unexplained.

“Those common conditions don’t seem to explain why men do worse,” Hu said. She said there might be some uncommon conditions that are skewing the results, and so the gender difference in disease outcomes remains a preliminary finding. But being male, she said, “seems to increase risk even when you take into account very common underlying conditions.”

The average age of a patient hospitalized with covid-19, the company said, is 59.6 years old. Mortality rises sharply with age: It is just 1 percent for hospitalized patients under the age of 20, 4 percent for ages 20 to 44, 9 percent for 45 to 54, 13 percent for 55 to 64, 23 percent for 65 to 74, 31 percent for 75 to 84, and 40 percent for 85 and up.

The data compiled by CarePort found that a 65-year-old with multiple chronic conditions — hypertension, diabetes, kidney disease and obesity — has the same mortality rate as a 75-year-old with no such chronic conditions.

Allscripts and CarePort plan further dissemination of data in the days ahead.

“There’s information in the data, about cohorts, about populations, about hot spots, about race, ethnicity, about sex, male-female, and that’s information that we want to get out so that other people use it and make better clinical decisions,” Black said.

This is preliminary data, and Allscripts cautions that the numbers could change as more patient records are compiled. There are built-in limitations: The numbers reflected patients whose disease outcome is known, which is to say, they recovered or died. That doesn’t capture the cases of people still hospitalized and for whom there is not yet a statistically recorded outcome.
Old 04.11.2020, 11:32 PM   #829
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
^ I don't know whether it's the cold registered facts or the insane combination of possible variables that I should fear. (Or if I should fear at all - does "let's face the music and dance on the Titanic's deck" remain an option?) We're in fucking Rumsfeld territory here, and this:

Quote:
"There's information in the data, about cohorts, about populations, about hot spots, about race, ethnicity, about sex, male-female, and that's information that we want to get out so that other people use it and make better clinical decisions [...]"

just put the Doturd to sleep. Yes, I had to mention it.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2020, 12:28 AM   #830
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
From Paste:

Why Bill Murray's Groundhog Day Is the Ultimate Quarantine Movie

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 04.12.2020, 12:58 AM   #831
Skuj
invito al cielo

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...et-coronavirus

Nah, this must be fake news. There is no way that I believe this. Trump cannot be this stupid. Fake fake fake.

Right?
Old 04.12.2020, 01:28 AM   #832
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
Right?

Right in his wheelhouse is right.

What I'm exhausted with —and this is not just about the current assclown's administration, but also, for instance, Dubya's (Colin Powell criticizing him after all was said and BOMBED)— is the perennial lack of a blunt disclosure, in real time, publicly, by an insider. Fauci said in that interview, "Whaddaya want me to do, jump in front of the microphone and push him down?" — YES, GODDAMMIT, I want SOMEONE that FOR ONCE can forget all the protocol crap, step up live, push the motherfucker aside and say THIS GUY IS A LYING MORON INCAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING THE SITUATION AND IF WE FOLLOW HIS BULLSHIT, YOU, YOU #MAGA MOOK WATCHING THIS, ARE GOING TO DIE.

It's an Aaron Sorkin-type fantasy, I know.

Old 04.12.2020, 02:02 AM   #833
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2020, 08:24 AM   #834
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
South Korea are well prepared for virus outbreaks;

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-state-testing

I watched Train to Busan last night and now realise how unrealistic it is: The Koreans would've nipped the zombi outbreak in the bud...
Old 04.12.2020, 08:35 AM   #835
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
The Koreans would've nipped the zombi outbreak in the bud...
true & proven fact
Old 04.12.2020, 09:35 AM   #836
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
South Korea are well prepared for virus outbreaks;

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-state-testing

I watched Train to Busan last night and now realise how unrealistic it is: The Koreans would've nipped the zombi outbreak in the bud...

Is it any good that film? I'm tempted to give it a whirl.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2020, 10:06 AM   #837
Diesel
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Is it any good that film? I'm tempted to give it a whirl.

This was my third viewing, so I would say... yes, but then again the zombi apocalypse genre is a favourite of mine so I'm biased. There's an anime prequel but it's not as good.

The sequel to Busan is coming out soon, made by the same director. He also made one of the best anime movies of late, King of the Pigs which you may or may not be aware of. If not, I highly recommend also.
Old 04.12.2020, 03:59 PM   #838
Skuj
invito al cielo

I may have lost my mind over the last couple of days.

To review: I was a competitive runner for 45 years. Then in 2017, my left knee started to complain. Things worsened, and the last run I did was January 23, 2019. I got an osteoarthritis diagnosis soon after, and I became a swimmer.

After 13 months as a swimmer, Covid put a (temporary?) stop to that.

Near the end of a 90min walkabout last night, I broke down, lost my mind, and decided to jog 400m on a soft soccer turf....just to see what happens. Nothing happened!! No pain. No fuckups.

Early today I jogged 10min on a field. Again, no pain. No major discomfort.

It is strange to do this again after 15 months of not doing it. My body/legs are very "wtf?" And I'm going reeeeaaallly fuuucking slooooow.

I wonder if I over-reacted to the diagnosis, because my knee was swollen and fucked up back then. But back then I was trying much bigger runs on harder surfaces. And the diagnosis was "mild", although with osteo, what the MRI shows vice what you feel can be very different. And we all have fucking osteo, to varying degrees.

I'm willing to continue this crazy experiment to see where it goes. I'll stick to 10-20min max, really fucking slow and careful, for quite a while, on soft surfaces. If the experiment fails epically, ie I end up in pain again, then I'll know. I'm not holding my breath, or getting my hopes up high.

So that's one crazy covid story.
Old 04.12.2020, 04:24 PM   #839
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
^^^^^
The swimming might have cured it?
That's good news anyway, congrats!

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2020, 04:29 PM   #840
Skuj
invito al cielo

I think 15 months off was a good thing. I may find that I'm at square one once I try a few more runs, but we'll see.

Thanks for the congrats, but I'll take that once I know that this ends up well.
394041 42 43444552 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth