Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page New Electric Wizard Album
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.22.2010, 05:52 PM   #41
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
I highly doubt it... but considering Jus Oborn's love for 60's and 70's B-movies (nearly half of his songs are inspired by those?) I'm gonna hazard a guess and say it refers to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_i...281969_film%29
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.29.2010, 03:42 PM   #42
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
London setlist, supposedly:

Funeralopolis
Dopethrone
The Chosen Few
Black Mass
Night Child
Satanic Rites of Drugula
Return Trip
Devil's Bride

Did anybody go???
Cool that they've even revived a song (Devil's Bride) from the first album, but hardly a big difference to what they were playing on the Witchcult Today shows. Really looking forward to seeing them again on Sunday... I've been looking forward to it for months.

New song on their myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/electricwizarddorsetdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
I deeply regret that I didn't see them a year and a half ago when they played in finland.

Psychotropic Caravan presents:
ELECTRIC WIZARD (UK)
FLESHPRESS
SWALLOWED

La 27.11.2010
Klo 20:00
Nosturi, Helsinki
22 € | S/K18
Old 10.29.2010, 04:21 PM   #43
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
London setlist, supposedly:

Funeralopolis
Dopethrone
The Chosen Few
Black Mass
Night Child
Satanic Rites of Drugula
Return Trip
Devil's Bride

Did anybody go???

I had every intention of going but ended up not being able to. Interesting that they only played two tracks from the new LP.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.29.2010, 04:26 PM   #44
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Worse, according to the folks on the foreverdoomed forum it wasn't even available at this "LP release party" either.

The LP has been officially delayed, but they didn't even have the CD either. If I don't get to buy this on Sunday I'll be pissed off.
Old 10.29.2010, 04:46 PM   #45
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I've preordered it through Amazon which is still saying it'll be released Nov 1st. I hope they use a standard jewel case for the CD this time. My cardboard gatefold sleeve for Witchcult is knackered now. The new track sounds awesome. Seriously looking forward to getting this, however they package it.

Some other tracks. Not the best quality but still:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCF4RchWRsE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxpy787LxAE
Old 10.29.2010, 05:36 PM   #46
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
didn't like the one on myspace too much (maybe it's the quality), but the two above are quite good.

looking forward to this.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.29.2010, 06:03 PM   #47
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

They had Scorpio Curse on their myspace for about 1-2 days this week before taking it off. It's probably my favourite of the three. I didn't really like Black Mass at first, but it's grown a lot on me. The Venus in Furs video I've seen before too and it's promising, but too crappy sound quality for me to really want to listen to more than a couple of times before getting the album.
Old 10.30.2010, 07:12 AM   #48
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Yep, pokkeherrie. They're playing on our soil, and it looks like I'll be missing them out once again. The show was fully booked like the next day after the announcement and thus nearly sold out. Damn!

Not that I could justify myself the spending the tickets, beer, travel and accommodation would require anyway.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2010, 11:47 AM   #49
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Mine was delivered this morning. I've only listened to it through once but first impressions are that it's very very good.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth