Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Lets Talk More About Sonic Youth Songs!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.16.2009, 09:09 AM   #21
[Sandbag]
100%

[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses
1. What Sonic Youth song makes you feel the most aggressive?
cross the breeze

2. What's your favorite Sonic Youth cover of another artist's song?
i wanna be yr dog.... skinhead violence

3. What, if any, Sonic Youth cover do you wish they hadn't messed with?
next question

4. What's you favorite cover of a Sonic Youth song by somebody else?
halloween by mudhoney

5. What's your favorite Sonic Youth instrumental?
anagrama

6. What's a Sonic Youth song that you think shines above the rest of the album it's on?
pink steam

7. What's a Sonic Youth song that you think doesn't belong on the album it's on (no bonus tracks, real albums!)?
i am afraid i can't possible reveal that information

8. What's your favorite Sonic Youth song with a guest star?
um death.
because its... simply great..
fuck the others..
DEATH VALLEY 69
[Sandbag] is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 09:43 AM   #22
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

PANTY LIES.

ELECTRICITY.

NONE

I DUNNO

RAIN ON TIN (THE FIRST 40 SECONDS DON'T COUNT)

6. What's a Sonic Youth song that you think shines above the rest of the album it's on?
BULL IN THE HEATHER

7. What's a Sonic Youth song that you think doesn't belong on the album it's on (no bonus tracks, real albums!)?
WINNERS BLUES

DDEATH VALLEY 69

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 10:07 AM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
1. What Sonic Youth song makes you feel the most aggressive? CROSS THE BREEEZE makes me wanna kill somethin'!

2. What's your favorite Sonic Youth cover of another artist's song? I WANNA BE YOUR DOG

3. What, if any, Sonic Youth cover do you wish they hadn't messed with? None, I like them all.

4. What's you favorite cover of a Sonic Youth song by somebody else? Pavement's Expressway to Yr Skull

5. What's your favorite Sonic Youth instrumental? I do not remember the names of their skronk pieces

6. What's a Sonic Youth song that you think shines above the rest of the album it's on? I Dreamed I Dream

7. What's a Sonic Youth song that you think doesn't belong on the album it's on (no bonus tracks, real albums!)? Peace Attack.

8. What's your favorite Sonic Youth song with a guest star? Death valley 69
Old 01.16.2009, 11:18 AM   #24
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
1. What Sonic Youth song makes you feel the most aggressive? Kill Yr Idols

2. What's your favorite Sonic Youth cover of another artist's song? Hotwire Your Heart (just hits it right on the head)

3. What, if any, Sonic Youth cover do you wish they hadn't messed with? Moist Vagina (eh, Thurston was waaaaay too enthralled with the chorus, least favorite songs from either band)

4. What's you favorite cover of a Sonic Youth song by somebody else? i am not really sure, i guess if anything maybe Cat Power's halfway cover of Schizophernia

5. What's your favorite Sonic Youth instrumental? MACBETH MACBETH MACBETH! STOP SAYING MACBETH, MOM YOU SAID MACBETH, SORRY ABOUT THAT MR. MACBETH, if you want something under the SY moniker then Melodikim of the Demonlover Sdtk

6. What's a Sonic Youth song that you think shines above the rest of the album it's on? I Dreamed I Dream

7. What's a Sonic Youth song that you think doesn't belong on the album it's on (no bonus tracks, real albums!)? Winner's Blues (basically T money acoustic solo, would have been better on Psychic Hearts, but it's an ok song)

8. What's your favorite Sonic Youth song with a guest star? Radical Adults Lick Godhead Style
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 07:52 PM   #25
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
1. What Sonic Youth song makes you feel the most aggressive?... In a weird way Teresa's Soundworld

2. What's your favorite Sonic Youth cover of another artist's song?... easy, Is It My Body

3. What, if any, Sonic Youth cover do you wish they hadn't messed with?... none they've all been interesting.

4. What's you favorite cover of a Sonic Youth song by somebody else?... none, I haven't been very impressed

5. What's your favorite Sonic Youth instrumental?... holy fuck this is so hard to answer, probably Radio-Amatoroj

6. What's a Sonic Youth song that you think shines above the rest of the album it's on?... Contre Le Sexisme

7. What's a Sonic Youth song that you think doesn't belong on the album it's on (no bonus tracks, real albums!)?... Sunday

8. What's your favorite Sonic Youth song with guest stars?... SYR 8 Andre Sider Af Sonic Youth

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 10:23 PM   #26
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses

catholic block, because it's pretty aggressive

not sure

none

don't know any

fire engine dream

wish fulfillment, so much better tha the rest of dirty it's unbelievable

i like it,but hotwire my heart doesn't fit

death valley '69
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2009, 12:51 AM   #27
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Chapel Hill- should have been a B-side
You're nuts!!!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 12:02 AM   #28
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses

-Kill Yr Idols

-I actually really like Hotwire My Heart...

-None

-I haven't heard any

-Death To Our Friends

-Turquoise Boy

-I've never felt that way about any song on SY's or any other artist/band's albums

-Kool Thing
Old 01.18.2009, 01:11 AM   #29
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
1. Trilogy

2. I'm not there, or maybe bubblegum

3. not sure

4. Halloween by mudhoney

5. macbeth, by far

6. Diamond sea full-version (destroyed room b-sides & rarities)

7. contre le sexisme

8. either death valley 69 or kool thing
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 12:30 PM   #30
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
BROTHER JAMES

I Wanna Be Your Dog

Burnin' Up

?

The Bedroom

Free City Rhymes

Little Trouble Girl

SYR 8 Andre Sider Af Sonic Youth
Old 01.18.2009, 12:36 PM   #31
al shabbray

-brother james / kill your idols
-my new house, the fall
-dunno at the moment
-maybe catpowers schizophrenia
-bloody hard, but I am sure its one of the SYR ones
- NYC G&F
-nicfit
-radical adults lick godhead style / SYR8
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 12:42 PM   #32
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
In honor of Rob's excellent thread here are a few more questions that hopefully lead to more songs!

Brother James

Superstar. Thurston's vocal delivery is brilliant.

Now I Wanna be your Dog. Maybe when SY recorded it in '83, The Stooges had faded into obscurity. But now, The Stooges have become quite visible again, and that's one of their best-known songs, so to hear an SY cover of it seems pointless to me.

Have heard few that stand out. Some band made Eric's Trip sound like girly-pop, so that was clever.

Anagrama

NYC G&F or Pink Steam. Neither album is bad, but they are below the SY standard, in my opinion.

Mariah Carey...
Death to our Friends always sounded like an intermission to me.

In the Kingdom #19. Great bass line by Mike Watt.
Old 01.18.2009, 01:36 PM   #33
JohnEsmoke
little trouble girl

JohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's asses

Mildred Pieeeeeerce Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh !

Superstar and loudmouth

Bubblegum

???

Radio Amatoroj

Karen Coltrane

Empy page zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Death valley 69 !!!
JohnEsmoke is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 01:37 PM   #34
JohnEsmoke
little trouble girl

JohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's asses
I forgot the hyper annoying "wildflower soul"
JohnEsmoke is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 11:31 PM   #35
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
-maybe catpowers schizophrenia

Where can i find this??
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth