Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page getting stoned and listening to sunn o)))
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.11.2006, 07:39 AM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome.

Went out to a garage.. I played white 2 the other day.. hooked it from the cd player to a huge bass amp, turned it to about 3 on the volume (because it was already shaking the fucking garage at 1), fucking passed the weed while listening to the low tones at 4 in the morning and smoking heeeeeeeerb with a strobe light on and a fog machine.

Sunn is awesome, I also enjoy listening to them in the graveyards at night...

The only problem with sunn is how simplistically ridiculous it is -- these guys are making a shit load of money and I can do the same exact shit if I had their equipment. However, i'm glad there's at least one band like this out there, though there are actually more like 50000 bands out there like this :/

Sunn appreciation thread and smoking weed while listening to low frequencies in the dark thread or something. Continue.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2006, 08:17 AM   #2
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
sounds like fun... was contemplating picking up some sunn... heard a few tracks, i like how monolithic it sounds... would white 2 be a good starting point?
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2006, 08:25 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
yes.

it's basically really really low guitar tones but they do some other shit. it's just slow dark doomy and low.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2006, 08:33 AM   #4
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
when i first heard them i thought it seemed a bit too disciplined for my tastes... but now i think i could be quite into them...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2006, 08:44 AM   #5
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
the best sunn o))) track is that one that features julian cope off white 1. That's fucking apocolyptic!

Look to the farthest far horizon
Look to the bloodlust deepest scar
Look to the scattering Brythonic uprising
For this be the wall of Johnny Guitar

Play your gloom axe Stephen O’Malley
Sub bass clinging to the sides of the valley
Sub bass ringing in each last ditch and combe
Greg Anderson purvey a sonic doom
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2006, 08:55 AM   #6
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywinternoshow
the best sunn o))) track is that one that features julian cope off white 1. That's fucking apocolyptic!

Look to the farthest far horizon
Look to the bloodlust deepest scar
Look to the scattering Brythonic uprising
For this be the wall of Johnny Guitar

Play your gloom axe Stephen O’Malley
Sub bass clinging to the sides of the valley
Sub bass ringing in each last ditch and combe
Greg Anderson purvey a sonic doom

that song is grimmm as fvkk. Also the track with the crazy gypsy lady and joe preston on drum machine is pretty rad.

I'd go with Black One for a starting point with Sunn 0))), but i haven't heard all their albums.
Old 06.11.2006, 08:55 AM   #7
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Listening to Sunn 0))) and smoking weed.
Good idea i'll try it sometime.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth