Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page 10,000 Days packaging
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.13.2006, 07:59 PM   #41
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Take that Magic Eye books!!!
Old 05.13.2006, 08:12 PM   #42
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Fuckin right.
Old 05.13.2006, 08:19 PM   #43
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Alright, now name your favorite images that are in the packaging.

The body in the spiral.
Adam's image
Danny's image
Fetis in the skull
the tracklisting
& etc.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2006, 08:33 PM   #44
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Alright, now name your favorite images that are in the packaging.

The body in the spiral.
Adam's image
Danny's image
Fetis in the skull
the tracklisting
& etc.

The long, bright tunnel one comes to mind. I don't have it upstairs with me ATM...
Old 05.13.2006, 08:57 PM   #45
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
^, I know what you're talking abiout. The very 1st image that you see.
The image that holds the actual cd. That one reminds me alot of the "Lateralus" artwork.
-George Carlin
Old 05.13.2006, 08:59 PM   #46
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Tool, or shit, whichever you prefer.

I can never tell whether your being sarcastic or a dipshit. Help me.
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2006, 09:49 PM   #47
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
My favorite is the fetus in the skull because it was the first one that actually worked for me and because of all the awesome textures you can see on the skull. I also really like the yellow looking one of the main design....and the one of Maynard holding out the glass of wine. They're all good!
Old 05.13.2006, 10:38 PM   #48
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
could someone post a couple pictures from the tool album of the art?
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2006, 10:44 PM   #49
krastian
invito al cielo

I don't have a scanner plus you really don't get the full effect without looking at them through the lenses that come on the album. If you like TOOL then buy it! If not then maybe just huntdown some down-trodden human and ask to look at theirs.
Old 05.13.2006, 10:48 PM   #50
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
i dont like tool. But I have read many of their influences and books on their booklist
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2006, 11:33 PM   #51
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

1 of those influences; The Melvins.

I have a pic that shows the layout, but nothing w/ a clear image.
-George Carlin
Old 05.13.2006, 11:39 PM   #52
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

"10,000 Days" artwork & packaging

-George Carlin
Old 05.14.2006, 12:11 AM   #53
krastian
invito al cielo

Here is part of one of the pieces.

Old 05.14.2006, 12:37 AM   #54
krastian
invito al cielo

Here's another one....my favorite really. The two images form one "3D image" when you look through the lenses. All artwork is by Alex Grey by the way.

Old 05.14.2006, 12:47 AM   #55
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Art Direction: Adam Jones

Illustrations & CGI Concepts: Alex Grey
-George Carlin

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth