Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY Zenith - Paris
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.12.2006, 06:12 AM   #61
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
If I threaten suicide, might they let me off work. I can't fucking believe I can't go to this show!!!! This would be the highlight of my time in France!!!
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2006, 06:31 AM   #62
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie
today it's my birthday and tomorrow it's Sonic Youth in concert… Which to ask moreover!
Happy birthday, Natalie! And enjoy the concert.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2006, 09:24 AM   #63
natalie
empty page

natalie has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Happy birthday, Natalie! And enjoy the concert.

Thank you so much !
natalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2006, 09:04 PM   #64
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
could not get tickets for the 2 dollar guitar show
someone please heeeeeeelp me!!!!

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 05:09 AM   #65
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
is two dollar guitar sold out akready????
help!
Old 12.13.2006, 06:28 PM   #66
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
wow, wow, wow. my first sonic experience and i'm still riding high. what a show. i don't have the time to write out the setl ist but it started w/ candle and ended in the best version ofshaking helll i've ever heard. met some really nice guys who had been following them from atp, friends of moshe i think, from israel. before the show i went to l'horloge but couldn't get the balls to ask if anyone was part of the SYG gangg, so you probably saw a kid with fluffy blonde hair, red trousers and a rainbow jumper wondering around looking like a twat... but that doesn'nt matter because i saw sonic youth! sonic life!
i'm still piecing my head slowly back together from whenit exploded all over the crowd when kim walked on the stage! met steve before the show and talked to him, he's a real nice guy and he signed my goodbbye 20th centnury i hadbrought along for that reason.
wow
tomas
Old 12.13.2006, 07:30 PM   #67
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
cant believe how good it was.
the endinng of teenage riot was just out of control!
perfect concert!

EDIT : I CANT BELIVE THEY PLAYED 'THE WORLD LOOKS RED'

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 07:57 PM   #68
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
hehe that just sounds like the brussel #1 setlist... what was the setlist?
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2006, 08:24 PM   #69
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Got home an hour ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
wow, wow, wow. my first sonic experience and i'm still riding high. what a show. i don't have the time to write out the setl ist but it started w/ candle and ended in the best version ofshaking helll i've ever heard. met some really nice guys who had been following them from atp, friends of moshe i think, from israel. before the show i went to l'horloge but couldn't get the balls to ask if anyone was part of the SYG gangg, so you probably saw a kid with fluffy blonde hair, red trousers and a rainbow jumper wondering around looking like a twat... but that doesn'nt matter because i saw sonic youth! sonic life!
wow
tomas

I didn't know how to stop you from roaming about in that jumper with that anxious look on your face either. I was pretty sure it was but you were so good-looking and young that it was impressive for the regular, 36 years-old man I grew to become.
Saw you later in the Zénith with a bunch of 3-4 guys by the sandwich salesman.
I actually met someone from the board, a nice fellow from Italy, diamondsea.

I had to split my time between him and people I already knew.

Hope you got to see the band after the show, man !

The Dinosaur set was really short, which puzzled us.
Lee sang on Little Fury Things (which came third); they played Forget the Swan, Freak Scene, Straight to your Heart (diamondsea told me it was a new one), and they ended with SludgeFeast if I'm right.
No encores.

The setlist is probably incorrect, as I wouldn't swear the titles were played in the following order :
Candle opened for sure, then came
Reena (sure),
Incinerate (sure),
a great version of Skip Tracer (sure)
Then the band played
What a Waste (probably 5th)...
Rapture...
Turquoise Boy...
100%...
Rats (Thurston on bass)...
a beautiful version of Jams Run Free with Kim dancing around - she danced a lot during her songs - in a lovely golden dress...
World Looks Red (wow!)...
Pink Steam (near the end).
Encore # 1 :
The Neutral (Mark seemed to appreciate playing this one very much),
Teenage Riot (a wonderful version of it)
Encore # 2 :
Lights Out (still in my head),
Shaking Hell (very good, as said above).

Steve Shelley had eaten Dave Grohl before the show, he pounded the drums like noone. Excellent.

A great night.

Gotta wake up to go to work in 4 hours.

See ya.

Sorry to have missed you Tomas.
Sorry I had to go so soon, diamond.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2006, 07:35 AM   #70
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses
Ah yes! Kim's golden dress was very beautiful ! I love the way she dance.
Shaking Hell was awesome, as said before.
And I was happy about Jams Run Free, I really like this one.
My brother enjoyed them starting with Candle, and Skip Tracer was a highlight for him too.
When Thurston takes the bass, he's so impressive, really on his feet, standing in a kind of "stone on the ground" attitude : )
Nice night!

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2006, 08:19 AM   #71
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for info!
you've got really nice set!!!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2006, 08:38 AM   #72
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
not bad at all.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 04:11 AM   #73
l01c
empty page

l01c has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hello everyone

I'm brand new here, and I registered just to post this comment. I'm sorry if I sound newbie or anything, or if this discussion has already happened elsewhere, but I must say what is on my heart.

I'm a long time french Sonic Fan. Discovered them with "Pump Up The Volume" OST in 1989, then started with Daydream Nation, fell in love, bought everything backward and onward. Went to as many parisian shows as I could since (except one or two summer festival)

I'm very disappointed with yesterday's show, for two main reasons:

- the public: 3/4th of the pit was static as hell. No one moving, no one dancing. Sonic is for me a physical experience, I just can't stay put, I must wave and dance and shout. I kinda remember the pit used to be a lot more alive for earlier shows. Why has it changed ?

- the setlist: why oh why so few oldies ? No Goo, no Expressway, no Brother James, no Schyzophrenia, no Diamond Sea ??? The front of the audience (the moving part of the pit) was definitly asking for more oldies, and the frustration was palpable at the end of the show - Teenage Riot set the pit aflame, but too little and too late !!! While the conditions were absolutly optimal (Great sound - which in Zenith is very rare - full audience, great opening act...), the whole show revolved around more recent, calmer, mellow songs, with too little variation for my own taste - and definitely not enough punkish or noisish songs. No sonic wall.

For once I have the weird feeling that I haven't grown up in the last 15 years while Sonic & the rest of its audience has grown old and quiet. Where is my Sonic Youth ?
l01c is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 05:15 AM   #74
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses
You're right about the sound, it was good !
Hey you know you're lucky, you're a long time fan so you went to concerts where they played their brand new songs that are oldies now, right?
But I understand your point.
Last night I told my brother we were born 15 years too late, cause he was kinda frustrated about not hearing oldies too...
But the recent material is enjoyable indeed.

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 06:35 AM   #75
l01c
empty page

l01c has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Yeah, I guess you're right, I just probably prefer the older songs and I'm frustrated that things change. :-/

But I haven't been that much in touch with the SonicSphere lately and I'm just curious if this deliberate choice of setlist (majority of new songs) is something which has been commented upon around here...

And I'm just wondering also if the fan base has been that much renewed that the majority prefers the later albums...
l01c is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 12:05 PM   #76
racehorse
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by l01c
Yeah, I guess you're right, I just probably prefer the older songs and I'm frustrated that things change. :-/

But I haven't been that much in touch with the SonicSphere lately and I'm just curious if this deliberate choice of setlist (majority of new songs) is something which has been commented upon around here...

And I'm just wondering also if the fan base has been that much renewed that the majority prefers the later albums...
just a question to settle my curiousity...
were you the tall guy who was going crazy, dancing the whole set with a blonde mohawk?
Old 12.15.2006, 12:16 PM   #77
racehorse
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand

I didn't know how to stop you from roaming about in that jumper with that anxious look on your face either. I was pretty sure it was but you were so good-looking and young that it was impressive for the regular, 36 years-old man I grew to become.
Saw you later in the Zénith with a bunch of 3-4 guys by the sandwich salesman.

Hope you got to see the band after the show, man !

Sorry to have missed you Tomas.
Sorry I had to go so soon, diamond.
don't worry about it man, i had a great time, i met some great guys from israel while talking to steve before the show.
apparently they are doing a big europe tour in the summer, so i'm going to try and follow them around for abit.
Old 12.15.2006, 04:10 PM   #78
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
for the lucky DIME users:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=125695
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 04:53 PM   #79
pluche
empty page

pluche has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie
today it's my birthday and tomorrow it's Sonic Youth in concert… Which to ask moreover!

Hey we're born the same day Happy birthday !
It's the same dat of birth as Edvard Munch too btw
The concert was great, i noted the setlist for SY :

Candle
Reena
Incinerate
Skip Tracer
What a Waste
100%
Do You Believe in Rapture?
Turquoise Boys
The World Looks Red
Rats
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam
-------------
The Neutral
Teenage Riot
-------------
Lights Out
Shaking Hell

I, as most of us i guess, would have liked to hear more oldies too. Like, "stereo sanctity" or "trilogy", or maybe "Theresa's soundworld" ?
Maybe next time
pluche is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 07:10 AM   #80
sergisonic
children of satan

sergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's assessergisonic kicks all y'all's asses
wow, now again in barcelona from my 4th sonic youth show in paris!

the show was great, really funny with kim dancing a lot.
a little strange that there wasn't a large noise part ending (for example with teenage riot, at the end od 1st encore). it's been the most direct sonic youth show that i've been.
highlights for me:

- SKIP TRACER: the best performance i've ever listened of SKIP TRACER, and for me, the best song of the show.
- SHAKING HELL: a great performance, maybe better than the one played on april, in paris, too.
- RATS: lee's vocals were on fire that night, guys!!!
- CANDLE: guitars sounded perfect here.

the things i disliked were the sound of the drums (too down!) and the shadows at the scenario: the lights were really out ;^)

one of the best shows i've enjoyed with sonic youth. and one of the funniest.

hope to see videos, and audio on the net

(my user account of dimeadozen torrent doesn't work...)

The day after zenith, shows with lee, 2 dollar guitar and awesome colours were extremetely greaaaaat. i'll explain later!

thanks again, paris & sonic youth
sergisonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth