Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.30.2009, 04:01 PM   #81
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei
As i understand you know that the stream invalidated all the bands work for this album, right?
And DON'T LISTEN is NOT an answer (especially from a guy representing a label).

One question? "Can't adjust your brian" means being butt-fucked by some corporate fucks who treat you like a stupid neckleback or britney spear fan?

Exfuckinactly.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2009, 04:01 PM   #82
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
As i understand you know that the stream invalidated all the bands work for this album, right?

Explain this. You think the live lp, the vynil and the cd are 128kbs streams or what?
you think that all the pre-release leaks/rips done all over the world which are not in flac invalidate the work of the musicians releasing records?
It's like saying nobody will go see them live if the first live sy performances they see are youtube vids.
As for the whole "Label ethic", what you say could make sense if they were SELLING the low bitrate stream INSTEAD of real copies, which is not the case. It is just a chance to hear the songs before the release date, and legally. Get over it.
It's a fucking CHANCE.
And, legally, that chance was offered to people who fuckin' BOUGHT the record.
Damn, me buying their album must have been a terrible invalidation of their work. I wonder how they can sleep at night knowing I bought a copy.
It's not the label's fault if people are happily sharing rips of the stream, same as it would not be their fault if a badly ripped promo copy flooded mp3 players around the world.
amen, end of my contribution to the "eternal stream of consciusness" flooding this board.
See you guys in another thread/another time.
Beam me up, scotty.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2009, 04:04 PM   #83
DaveMartin
little trouble girl

DaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Wrong.

Quote:
And DON'T LISTEN is NOT an answer (especially from a guy representing a label).
Wrong, it is an answer. The release date is June 9th (in the US) and if the low quality of the stream bums you out then do not listen to it. That is an answer and a pretty clear one at that.

Quote:
One question? "Can't adjust your brian" means being butt-fucked by some corporate fucks who treat you like a stupid neckleback or britney spear fan?
Wrong, I don't want to fuck you. I don't even know you. But if you explained your views a bit more clearly maybe we could then get to know each other better and see where it goes from there.
DaveMartin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2009, 04:22 PM   #84
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Wow. Just... wow.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2009, 04:29 PM   #85
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
who's brian, and why can't we adjust him?
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2009, 05:12 PM   #86
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMartin
But if you explained your views a bit more clearly maybe we could then get to know each other better and see where it goes from there.

He is being crystal clear. 128k/bit stream is a slap in the face of Sonic Youth and their fans.

*shakes head*
Old 04.30.2009, 05:27 PM   #87
DaveMartin
little trouble girl

DaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's assesDaveMartin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
He is being crystal clear. 128k/bit stream is a slap in the face of Sonic Youth and their fans.

*shakes head*
Then by all means take a step back so you won't get hit. On June 9th it will be like a big kiss on the lips.
DaveMartin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2009, 06:13 PM   #88
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Then by all means take a step back so you won't get hit. On June 9th it will be like a big kiss on the lips.

Thanks for holding my $20 hostage for two months. This has been a GREAT experience from standpoint of a paying customer, sonic youth fan who owns every studio album (and then some), and educated audio engineer.

Here is a link to torrents of the 128 stream. Now everyone can download this crap version for, ironically enough, all eternity.

http://www.google.com/search?q=sonic...oog le+Search
Old 04.30.2009, 06:14 PM   #89
sarramkrop

[quote=hevusa]Thanks for holding my $20 hostage for two months. This has been a GREAT experience from standpoint of a paying customer, sonic youth fan who owns every studio album (and then some), and educated audio engineer.

Here is a link to torrents of the 128 stream. Now everyone can download this crap version for, ironically enough, all eternity.

http://www.google.com/search?q=sonic+youth+the+eternal+torrent&btnG=Goog le+Search[/quote]

You made your point. You're still a twat, though.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2009, 06:20 PM   #90
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
You made your point. You're still a twat, though.

No argument there.

If the point was actually made though there would be a higher quality stream coming. I know damn well the engineer who recorded this album is squirming in his chair listening to this stream.
Old 04.30.2009, 06:56 PM   #91
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Hahha, 5 pages on this thread and 5 pages on another thread of you whining about this shit. Too funny.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2009, 12:17 AM   #92
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit

1. you think that all the pre-release leaks/rips done all over the world which are not in flac invalidate the work of the musicians releasing records?
2. It's like saying nobody will go see them live if the first live sy performances they see are youtube vids.

1. Yes, i think so. But if the album leaked i would had no interest in downloading it and whining about the quality, when my paid lossless copy would have arrived on the actual release date.

2. Sadly, more and more people DO what you've said. i KNOW people who do this, for fucks sake. And in the near future more people will do that.
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2009, 12:37 AM   #93
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
As for the whole "Label ethic", what you say could make sense if they were SELLING the low bitrate stream INSTEAD of real copies, which is not the case. It is just a chance to hear the songs before the release date, and legally. Get over it.

That's the point, cause in my opinion i bought the stream with bonus 3 LPs. If i had the LP i wouldn't give a fuck if they sold the stream even in 32 kbps. But as a SY fan, who paid some money in advance, i find myself stuck with a crapy recording of an 128 stream, while matador is making more money with my money and tells me not to whine about and wait till they will get rich.

And then, whats the point of a release date? I don't get it?!?
Everyone should understand that now the album is RELEASED (in 128 Kbps).

I fully understand the "preview" "gives you an insight on the album" thing, but that it is just lie from the label. They knew that the stream would have been recorded and spread arround. It is just something to make you forget that you have paid something in advance and that they are using your money in the meantime.
Old 05.01.2009, 12:42 AM   #94
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
It's not the label's fault if people are happily sharing rips of the stream, same as it would not be their fault if a badly ripped promo copy flooded mp3 players around the world.

Yes it is, they "leaked" it. Again, to make you feel like you are in control of you pre-order money!
As i fully understood this before i have pre-ordered the LP, i JUST fucking wanted a higher bitrate stream. And they told me to FUCK OFF.
Thanks Matador!
Old 05.01.2009, 12:49 AM   #95
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Wrong.

Wrong, it is an answer. The release date is June 9th (in the US) and if the low quality of the stream bums you out then do not listen to it. That is an answer and a pretty clear one at that.

Wrong, I don't want to fuck you. I don't even know you. But if you explained your views a bit more clearly maybe we could then get to know each other better and see where it goes from there.

Wrong.
Old 05.01.2009, 12:50 AM   #96
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Wrong.

Oh, what?!
I said nothing?
Old 05.01.2009, 01:32 AM   #97
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
I grew up with an NES. That was 8-bits. Next was the SNES, the greatest system ever created. That was 16-bits.

These children today love complaining about their bits and their fidelity. Fuck that shit. And stop pretending you have golden ears that require a certain threshold of quality. For someone that seems to love complaining about ear-pollution, you have no problem pissing in ours over and over again.

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2009, 02:06 AM   #98
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
No argument there.

If the point was actually made though there would be a higher quality stream coming. I know damn well the engineer who recorded this album is squirming in his chair listening to this stream.

i would be pretty damn well sure the engineer is not listening to the stream let alone the album after hearing the songs so many times in the studio....
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2009, 02:09 AM   #99
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikangod
I grew up with an NES. That was 8-bits. Next was the SNES, the greatest system ever created. That was 16-bits.

These children today love complaining about their bits and their fidelity. Fuck that shit. And stop pretending you have golden ears that require a certain threshold of quality. For someone that seems to love complaining about ear-pollution, you have no problem pissing in ours over and over again.

Well, i grew up with a shity chinese copy of NES called TERMINATOR. And those times are far behind for me, but if you want to go back to NES please convert all your CDs to 8-bit, why should i care?
I haven't said i have golden ears, but if you brain can't process more than 128 Kb/s, it's not my problem... You don't have to be a "pretentious audiophile twat" to notice the difference.

Anyway, I haven't asked for your input on this subject. As i don't post in threads i don't give a fuck about, i expect you to do the same.
BYE

PS: Wanna trade some Cartridges?

Old 05.01.2009, 02:38 AM   #100
erikvoid
empty page

erikvoid has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
what's the point of even arguing with these people? it's great that matador is on here addressing things, but you're not going to win. there is no reasoning with people of this ilk. at all.
look. 95% of the people that went with this whole deal are happy just to be able to hear the album so early. if the goddamn bitrate would've been at 320, eventually the same freaks would have found something else to bitch about. the font on the album is off center 1/8th of an inch or the fucking spine writing is backwards from all the rest of the albums they have.
some people.. sigh.
erikvoid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth