Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page NYC 11/12 @ The Charleston: Los Llamarada, Blues Control, Hank IV, The Black & Whites
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.04.2008, 12:03 AM   #1
mothers_in_law
empty page

mothers_in_law has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Wednesday November 12
8pm doors, 8:30 start

LOS LLAMARADA
from Monterrey Mexico; S.S. Records

HANK IV
San Francisco; Siltbreeze
ex Icky Boyfriends

DANIEL DIMAGGIO
of Home Blitz and Car Commercials

BLUES CONTROL
playing 1st

DJ DAVE MARTIN - Mind Cure
DJ BRIAN TURNER - WFMU

$7
21+

at The Charleston
174 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn
mothers_in_law is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2008, 12:18 AM   #2
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i live only a few blocks from there and i go there maybe once a week. free pizza with a beer. can't beat that. i may go.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2008, 06:07 PM   #3
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothers_in_law
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3021/...c7eca114_m.jpg
HANK IV
San Francisco; Siltbreeze
ex Icky Boyfriends

heh, I just sold my copy of an old Icky B LP...wonder if this ex-member is the one with the huge afro (white guy)
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2008, 06:45 PM   #4
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
HOLY SHIT!!! what a show. I just picked up that new Hank IV record, great. Blues Control I've loved since thier first EP came out though. I love how thier name pretty much describes their approach; using the confines of the Blues to keep the Avant Noise and Experimentalism under control.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 10:20 AM   #5
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
HOLY SHIT!!! what a show. I just picked up that new Hank IV record, great. Blues Control I've loved since thier first EP came out though. I love how thier name pretty much describes their approach; using the confines of the Blues to keep the Avant Noise and Experimentalism under control.

Sorry to be a pain again, but Blues Control don't do this avant noise of yours. I'd hardly even call them experimental, 'cause they use (and if you listen closely you'll HEAR it) repetitive riffs that are then mixed with looped 'noises', probably processed with a computer or one of those machines in vogue these days. That way of working with mixed drone/noise/blah blah has been proved and tested by people like Philip Jeck, amongst others, before. Their propension for repetitive riffs in a psychedelic rock format is something that many an underground rock band from England did ever since the mid-80's. Great band all around, though.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 10:20 AM   #6
sarramkrop

and great line up indeed
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 11:19 AM   #7
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Sorry to be a pain again, but Blues Control don't do this avant noise of yours. I'd hardly even call them experimental, 'cause they use (and if you listen closely you'll HEAR it) repetitive riffs that are then mixed with looped 'noises', probably processed with a computer or one of those machines in vogue these days. That way of working with mixed drone/noise/blah blah has been proved and tested by people like Philip Jeck, amongst others, before. Their propension for repetitive riffs in a psychedelic rock format is something that many an underground rock band from England did ever since the mid-80's. Great band all around, though.
yeah blues control are great, but what you said is true. just because its noise doesnt make it avant. it has to be radical to be avant. jujst making noise doent not make you radical anymore. its become so generic that one has to really work hard to earn the title of avant noise...

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 03:37 PM   #8
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop

No, youre right, "Puff" isn't noise at all, or really even rock, very beautiful though. Thier "S/T" album though gets Noisey, and if you don't qualify them as experimental that's you. I really love them though, very unique. I guess I just love bands who can still play wierd and intricatley but still play Rock. I actually like "S/T" better than "Puff" though, what bout you?
Old 11.05.2008, 03:38 PM   #9
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Ive never heard of the Black and Whites though, are they like a wierd Garage band, cuz that's what the name would make me think.
Old 11.05.2008, 03:56 PM   #10
batreleaser
invito al cielo

o, another thing, i love blues control's instrumentation.
Old 11.06.2008, 01:18 AM   #11
dntrecords
children of satan

dntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's asses
gonna see los llamarada in toledo next week. excited as hell!
dntrecords is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2008, 02:44 AM   #12
mothers_in_law
empty page

mothers_in_law has a couple of kiss-ass net friends

mothers_in_law is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth