Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Which album would you like to see reissued next and why?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.23.2006, 02:27 PM   #1
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
I would make a poll, but there aren't enough options...

I personally would like to see NYC ghosts and flowers reissued next as I'm really interested in how they developed their new sound but still remained defiantly 'SONIC YOUTH' after having all their stuff nicked.

What do you think?

EDIT: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHEN I SAY REISSUED I MEAN IN THE SENSE THAT GOO AND DIRTY HAVE BEEN IE WITH B SIDES AND STUDIO SESSIONS ETC
Old 11.23.2006, 02:29 PM   #2
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
NYCG&F is very in print still.
Old 11.23.2006, 02:31 PM   #3
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I think I speak for everybody when I say Daydream Nation.

Although I'm not that keen on the album it would be cool to hear out-takes etc.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2006, 02:42 PM   #4
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
NYCG&F is very in print still.

I am very aware of this, but so too are Goo and Dirty, no?
Old 11.23.2006, 02:43 PM   #5
sun city girl
the end of the ugly

sun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's asses
daydream nation of course, followed by sister, evol and bad moon rising.
sun city girl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2006, 02:45 PM   #6
lucyrulesok
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun city girl
daydream nation of course, followed by sister, evol and bad moon rising.

Why 'of course'? I'm not challenging you, I just find it interesting that two people have put DDN as the obvious choice in this thread.
Old 11.23.2006, 02:53 PM   #7
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
none of them.
they should just release rare stuff. start up sonic death again. charge a bit for a subscription then dish out some cds with rare stuff on.
half of sonic youth fans were not even old enough to go out on their own when daydream was released, so theyve probly only bought it within the last 10 years of their life....which lets face it, isnt that long as you start to get older. i got into the youth in the 2nd half of the 90's and my cds are still in pristine condition. id rather shed out for something INTERESTING than something i already have just because im a completist.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2006, 02:59 PM   #8
lucyrulesok
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wax
none of them.
they should just release rare stuff. start up sonic death again. charge a bit for a subscription then dish out some cds with rare stuff on.
half of sonic youth fans were not even old enough to go out on their own when daydream was released, so theyve probly only bought it within the last 10 years of their life....which lets face it, isnt that long as you start to get older. i got into the youth in the 2nd half of the 90's and my cds are still in pristine condition. id rather shed out for something INTERESTING than something i already have just because im a completist.

So I'm guessing you found the reissued Dirty and Goo a bit pointless then? I personally find it really interesting to see where the sound comes from and how they develop the songs from earlier versions etc.
But I do agree that it would be nice to hear some completely new stuff, they must have gazillions of recordings that we're just never going to hear.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is 'sonic death'? I thought that was a CD of theirs...
Old 11.23.2006, 03:00 PM   #9
Richard Pryor on Fire
100%

Richard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's asses
They are going backwards from dirty.

http://pissingaway.blogspot.com/
Richard Pryor on Fire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2006, 03:01 PM   #10
lucyrulesok
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor on Fire
They are going backwards from dirty.

in what order???
Old 11.23.2006, 03:04 PM   #11
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax
none of them.
Very true.They should do something similar to what Neil Young does with his unreleased stuff and i'm sure that there are tons of good Sonic Youth rarities out there.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2006, 03:04 PM   #12
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
Forgive my ignorance, but what is 'sonic death'? I thought that was a CD of theirs...

sonic death is a cd, actualy, one of the best things theyve ever released. it was also the name of their fanzine in the early 90's (i think early 90's)
they stopped doing it.
i think you can find downloadable versions of it on this site somewhere.
they gave away kool shit with it too, badges, cds etc.
Old 11.23.2006, 03:05 PM   #13
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
perhaps 1000 leaves but some more like nyc g&f as thats one of may faves and yes its also because of the gear theft.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2006, 03:07 PM   #14
lucyrulesok
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wax
sonic death is a cd, actualy, one of the best things theyve ever released. it was also the name of their fanzine in the early 90's (i think early 90's)
they stopped doing it.
i think you can find downloadable versions of it on this site somewhere.
they gave away kool shit with it too, badges, cds etc.

yeah that cd is quite wonderful...

the 'zine sounds cool, and you're right it would be a great way for them to fund less major releases. or they could just give away a couple of tracks each issue. i would really love something like that...
Old 11.23.2006, 03:10 PM   #15
wax
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Very true.They should do something similar to what Neil Young does with his unreleased stuff and i'm sure that there are tons of good Sonic Youth rarities out there.

well yeah. theres gotta be. id be well interested just to listen to some of their fuck around jam sessions. they are a great band but im just pissed off with them recently. the last two albums are rather rubbish and they just keep putting out the wrong stuff when they blatently have the right stuff hidden away somewhere.
imagine all those lovely live shows pre-85. they must have recorded themselves at loadsa gigs. they must have loads of old video too.
makes you wonder why theyre wasting their time with stuff like this bsides album.
Old 11.23.2006, 03:12 PM   #16
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
I can't rep you again.I've been feeling a bit cheated by them recently but i have to also admit that the amount of quality that i have been used with them over the years is very rarely heard of.

Old 11.23.2006, 03:15 PM   #17
wax
the destroyed room

who here wouldnt pay £75 per subscription for a bi monthly sonic death fanzine, each one coming with a cd of unreleased/live stuff?
id be very happy with that.
they could just do it so cheap..real fanzine way.
i think most people would prefer that to reissues.
Old 11.23.2006, 03:17 PM   #18
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
sister
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2006, 03:20 PM   #19
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wax
who here wouldnt pay £75 per subscription for a bi monthly sonic death fanzine, each one coming with a cd of unreleased/live stuff?
id be very happy with that.
they could just do it so cheap..real fanzine way.
i think most people would prefer that to reissues.
I can't even begin to think about the amount of Sonic Youth jams that i'd like to get my hands on.It is probably because i always got the impression that that's the way most of their songs are born.

Old 11.23.2006, 03:32 PM   #20
wax
the destroyed room

im gonna rob some tapes from their studio, burn a million copies of some amazing show from 83 thats so raw nobodys ever heard it. break into all the record shops in the country and carefully swap my burned cds for the ones inside the dirty reissue cases.
ill do it all out of my own pocket.
its my way of putting a little bit back.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth