Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page I Wanna Talk About How Awesome Demonlover Is
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.22.2012, 06:56 AM   #21
Faringold
empty page

Faringold has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
There's a section of documentary about the making of this on YouTube. Does anyone know the origin of that footage? TV?
Faringold is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2012, 08:32 AM   #22
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faringold
There's a section of documentary about the making of this on YouTube. Does anyone know the origin of that footage? TV?

I believe that it was on the French version of the DVD if I remember right.
Old 09.22.2012, 10:33 AM   #23
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Went to the premiere of this, one of them anyway at Lincoln Center. T-Dog, Kim, and Jim were there. It was in this theatre with massive red curtains. Just huge amounts of fabric, so much you could have made a fabric bridge across the Hudson.
Such a jarring movie. I remember Chole naked playing playstaion right?? This and being highly unnerved.
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2012, 03:01 PM   #24
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
nah far from favorite.My wife got it for me for xmas one year actually, yr right. But There's some interesting ideas. Its' far too brutal for me. But if more sounded like "Move Away" or the stuff they did for Things Behind The Sun, I'd probably love it. --> The Destroyed Room is a favorite album of mine, so I'd like to hear the supposed soundtrack boxset they planned.

Its quite funny having a CD that starts with "Move Away" and then ends with a song by Sepultura. It was a good present.

As far as clueless Sonic Youth Xmas presents go, my dad got me the Japanese import version of EJSTNS, which has no extra tracks at all, and is my least favourite SY album. My sister also got me one of those awful "framed signature" things of EJSTNS. Its still sat down the side of my bed, i cant bring myself to put it on the wall...

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2012, 05:58 PM   #25
Jerejeoke
empty page

Jerejeoke has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
On behalf of everyone, I say this to the Patriots: Booooooooo|
On behalf of everyone, I say this to th
Jerejeoke is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2012, 11:51 PM   #26
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
love all the soundtrack and instrumental outtakes post 2000: Demonlover, Kali Yug ep (best Sonic present ever?), the "noho-furniture-sessions" parts of Destroyed Room, Syr9. Made In Usa has good tracks too, though I'm not so into all the versions of that upbeat throwaway rockish song.

I've said it before, but the soundtrack boxset title and artwork should be an extension of Destroyed Room, with collages using photos of hotel rooms trashed by bands more debauched than SY.

Never saw any of the movies though, or figured out where to listen to the Things Behind the Sun tracks. I wanna check out that Stage and Screen CD from Lee, who has heard it?
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2012, 11:41 AM   #27
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
yeah and if you haven't seen the movie, go watch it right now : excellent.

hi all btw.
Old 09.23.2012, 02:02 PM   #28
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Yep, the movie is good, never heard the soundtrack as a record. I think it's probably started my interest in the dark side of current French filmmakers more than any other.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2012, 09:38 AM   #29
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
love all the soundtrack and instrumental outtakes post 2000: Demonlover, Kali Yug ep (best Sonic present ever?), the "noho-furniture-sessions" parts of Destroyed Room, Syr9. Made In Usa has good tracks too, though I'm not so into all the versions of that upbeat throwaway rockish song.

I donīt have Kali Yug, all the others I have and I love them all (also Made in Usa)! Never seen any of those films. But I watched the entire Goo last weekend and I really enjoyed it (also the music). The end of Mote was quite a shock, never saw that part of autopsy in the back of it before!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 08:20 PM   #30
hypertonic
bad moon rising

hypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asseshypertonic kicks all y'all's asses
I saw this on a lark one night randomly a friend who knew i loved SY told me there was a free screening at a college here in town and I kinda snuck in.. Excellent choice too. I had chills watching it there alone.. Move Away is a great track. Love the movie. Definitely recommended.
hypertonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2012, 12:14 AM   #31
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
http://youtu.be/O5F-R4ZGV2Q

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth