Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page So have SOnic Youth played their last show?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.17.2011, 10:11 AM   #21
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
i would like to see thurston work on more electric jazz collaborations and noise than acoustic stuff because the folk stuff he is doing is so dull it hurts. i saw him a month or so ago and it was just painful. i left.

I dont care much for his straight noise thingies. But I really really love his improv stuff with free jazz dudes. Hurricane Floyd is amazing. And I like stuff like Piece for Jetsun Dolma, The Promise, 3 Incredible Ideas, Fuck Shit Up, and so on...
Old 11.17.2011, 06:39 PM   #22
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
VU's last gig wasn't in NYC either.

Only if you consider the post-Lou Velvets to be the Velvets.
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2011, 06:40 PM   #23
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by radarmaker
Only if you consider the post-Lou Velvets to be the Velvets.

I don't.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2011, 07:17 PM   #24
canabero
children of satan

canabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard suckacanabero cold hard sucka
i hate to read a lot of idiots that think that it was their last show that's really a NON-SENSE!!! THE BAND NEVER ANNOUNCE IT AS THEIR LAST SHOW.
if they ( maybe) split it's obvious that they're going to be a special show ( NYC ?) and finally i watched them in Chile and i have to say that the whole band enjoyed the show, Thurston and Kim played like if they never had thought in finish the band. IT WAS NOT A FORCED SHOW

www.myspace.com/canabero
canabero is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2011, 07:40 PM   #25
Aaaadrpk
bad moon rising

Aaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by canabero
i hate to read a lot of idiots that think that it was their last show that's really a NON-SENSE!!! THE BAND NEVER ANNOUNCE IT AS THEIR LAST SHOW.
if they ( maybe) split it's obvious that they're going to be a special show ( NYC ?) and finally i watched them in Chile and i have to say that the whole band enjoyed the show, Thurston and Kim played like if they never had thought in finish the band. IT WAS NOT A FORCED SHOW

I agree.

Aaaadrpk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2011, 03:44 AM   #26
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I don't.

Indeed. Lou's last gig was at Max's. /pedantic derail
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2011, 04:54 AM   #27
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by canabero

Well, the band did state that the future of the band is uncertain beyond the South American shows. I don't think it exactly makes one an idiot to assume this may have been their last show. Either way, I doubt there will be many more.
Old 11.18.2011, 05:00 AM   #28
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
from Lee (incase anyone missed it)

DD: You’ve been friends for over thirty years, and even your non-Sonic Youth projects tend to feature collaborations with each other. Could you ever imagine a time when you didn’t play together?

LR: Well, we’ll have to see what the future holds right now. Steve and I are certainly working together right now on this band project of mine, and I’d be surprised if we all didn’t work on things, whether all together or in smaller groupings, at some point in the future. At this time, the fate of the band is not determined. I expect a prolonged hibernation, at very least, after the upcoming dates we have in South America next month. Plus, we have so much history, so much work together that, no matter what. there will be so many things to tie us together in the future for quite some time…historical, archival releases and other projects of that sort. My motto tends to be “change is good” and I'm hopeful that applies in this case. Anyway, I’m happy to leave it at that for the moment.

full interview here: http://www.magentamagazine.com/8/features/lee-ranaldo

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2011, 05:13 AM   #29
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Kim Gordon could do with learning about painting and stop producing work similar to fucking Sylvester Stallone in his conceptual phase too.

I laughed.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2011, 11:08 AM   #30
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
from Lee (incase anyone missed it)

DD: You’ve been friends for over thirty years, and even your non-Sonic Youth projects tend to feature collaborations with each other. Could you ever imagine a time when you didn’t play together?

LR: Well, we’ll have to see what the future holds right now. Steve and I are certainly working together right now on this band project of mine, and I’d be surprised if we all didn’t work on things, whether all together or in smaller groupings, at some point in the future. At this time, the fate of the band is not determined. I expect a prolonged hibernation, at very least, after the upcoming dates we have in South America next month. Plus, we have so much history, so much work together that, no matter what. there will be so many things to tie us together in the future for quite some time…historical, archival releases and other projects of that sort. My motto tends to be “change is good” and I'm hopeful that applies in this case. Anyway, I’m happy to leave it at that for the moment.

full interview here: http://www.magentamagazine.com/8/features/lee-ranaldo

Dang, even though a hiatus is probably the best thing, I dread a year without SY.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth