Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page king buzzo sets the record straight
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2015, 04:49 PM   #41
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
just saw it. bottom of the barrel embarrassing crud.

it made his life look shorter than it actually was. or maybe it was that short and horrid.

I agree with Buzz. you can see Courtney sucking the life out of that man.
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2015, 01:31 AM   #42
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
IN all fairness (and I've yet to see the film), 27 years is not that long to be on this planet.
Old 06.16.2015, 01:40 AM   #43
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, what gets lost in all the hyper criticism about Kurt is dude was a young man and didn't live long enough to grow and be healed of what ever inward fracture, as with many of us here, fueled his addiction. Folks point fingers, throw around accusations, make insinuations.. but who of us and really anyone has their shit together and baggage sorted out in their mid-20s? If yall televised and videographed all my worst fuck ups id look pretty much the asshole too, and these days there are probably a thousand people that would be surprised and only a handful who remember all my bullshit. With Kurt his fuck up are eternalized

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2015, 09:04 AM   #44
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
In retrospect, what I dislike about Nirvana is they, along with Britpop, helped sack the shoegaze movement. There was much more potential for music in shoegaze than there ever was in grunge.
Old 06.16.2015, 12:21 PM   #45
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Shoegaze would never have been able to become as mainstream. Grunge had a more pop accessibility. But yes, i also prefer shoegaze to grunge bands though not Nirvana if anything the direction Nirvana was going on In Utero would have allowed for them tour with shoegaze bands but it was the "grunge scene" bands that kept it going

Old 06.16.2015, 12:34 PM   #46
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Shoegaze would never have been able to become as mainstream. Grunge had a more pop accessibility. But yes, i also prefer shoegaze to grunge bands though not Nirvana if anything the direction Nirvana was going on In Utero would have allowed for them tour with shoegaze bands but it was the "grunge scene" bands that kept it going

Part of the appeal of shoegaze for me is its out-of-the-mainstream non-pop sensibility.

I find that my shoegaze albums are much easier to listen to than the grunge stuff. They've endured, have not become dated. I put on a grunge album and instantly think, Oh, yeah, they did that once--meh.

Sonic Youth LPs, most of them, endure, even the ones that flirt with grunge, and I think it's because they come from the same wellspring that shoegaze comes from.
Old 06.16.2015, 01:28 PM   #47
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gmku again

Old 06.16.2015, 01:38 PM   #48
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Keeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's asses
neighbas dont know bout my sunsets
Old 06.16.2015, 01:59 PM   #49
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
/lights match

a lot of these shoegaze bands and their precursors like the jeebus and mary chain are nothing more than some boring pop shit sprinkled with a crumble of very minor chaos on top and do not amount to anything interesting. which is why they were easily replaced by other pop forms.

/runs
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2015, 02:01 PM   #50
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Keeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
/lights match

a lot of these shoegaze bands and their precursors like the jeebus and mary chain are nothing more than some boring pop shit sprinkled with a crumble of very minor chaos on top and do not amount to anything interesting. which is why they were easily replaced by other pop forms.

/runs

this

some - i say some - good bands. a handful of great bands and then mbv in a whole nother league

rest is suck
Old 06.16.2015, 03:02 PM   #51
gmku
invito al cielo

You're entitled to your opinions. It's just too bad that you're WRONG!
Old 06.16.2015, 03:14 PM   #52
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I don't hear the britpop connections in shoegaze bands. I mean, its not like they are just Oasis with some more distorted guitars, they very structures of the music are different. Shoegaze is too minimalist to blend with pop, it doesn't have a groove.

Old 06.16.2015, 03:27 PM   #53
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
In retrospect, what I dislike about Nirvana is they, along with Britpop, helped sack the shoegaze movement.

You could argue that, as a precursor to post-rock, shoegaze outlived them both.

PS: Your blog is brilliant.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2015, 03:48 PM   #54
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Gimple
this

some - i say some - good bands. a handful of great bands and then mbv in a whole nother league

rest is suck

that's because with a good band you hear past the noisy layer and still have a good song / or the noise is essential to it as to be inseparable

otherwise the noise is just frosting on a turd

im also having problems with the nomenclature btw. what is/is not shoegaze vs "dreampop". seems all like a british invention (i.e., beyond my context).

e.g. i hate calling yo la tengo "shoegaze". yo la tengo can play anything, and quite enthusiastically to boot. having an element of noise does not subordinate them to a ... period/fashion/region.
Old 06.16.2015, 04:05 PM   #55
gmku
invito al cielo

I hadn't thought of that, and that's a good point.

Brilliant? Thank you, but all I do is throw on selfies of what I'm wearing. Mindless, but it's entertaining, and it serves as kind of a diary of what I wore, so I can go back and see what worked and maybe what didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
You could argue that, as a precursor to post-rock, shoegaze outlived them both.

PS: Your blog is brilliant.
Old 06.16.2015, 05:29 PM   #56
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
You're entitled to your opinions. It's just too bad that you're WRONG!

of course. it's just opinions.

but i'm sorry, amigo, that i don't like slowdive. it's just boring pop shit to my ears. they reformed as mojave 3 and they're still boring. the woman's voice is very pretty, i'll give you that. but if we're going to go that way, i much rather listen to mazzy star, who may not be a musical revolution but are delicious in the way they blend american twang with the velvet underground and real lovely vocals.
Old 06.16.2015, 05:54 PM   #57
gmku
invito al cielo

Well, while I respect your opinion, and while I am going to forgive you for being wrong, I realize this is only a temporary condition. I predict that within 5 years, after you've really sat down to listen to Souvlaki, you will be back here apologizing for your mistaken opinion.

Old 06.16.2015, 06:05 PM   #58
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yes, what gets lost in all the hyper criticism about Kurt is dude was a young man and didn't live long enough to grow and be healed of what ever inward fracture, as with many of us here, fueled his addiction. Folks point fingers, throw around accusations, make insinuations.. but who of us and really anyone has their shit together and baggage sorted out in their mid-20s? If yall televised and videographed all my worst fuck ups id look pretty much the asshole too, and these days there are probably a thousand people that would be surprised and only a handful who remember all my bullshit. With Kurt his fuck up are eternalized
Like you say, we all have our own problems. His body of work is not worth the sort of attention it gets.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2015, 06:06 PM   #59
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

everything is possible. i could even be killed by a falling comet! ha ha

speaking of that, i just legit-downloaded the new(ish) mazzy star (it's been years). can't wait to hear what they sound like, i hope (ha) they don't break my heart with disappointment (rather ripped, i'm looking at you).

hm but a good futbol game coming up in 25 minutes. i'll save hope sandoval for the nightly lullaby then.

fucking shit, being temporarily single sucks.

okay. good nights to all.
Old 06.16.2015, 06:20 PM   #60
gmku
invito al cielo

Oooh. I love Mazzy Star. If you like Mazzy Star, you should like Slowdive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
everything is possible. i could even be killed by a falling comet! ha ha

speaking of that, i just legit-downloaded the new(ish) mazzy star (it's been years). can't wait to hear what they sound like, i hope (ha) they don't break my heart with disappointment (rather ripped, i'm looking at you).

hm but a good futbol game coming up in 25 minutes. i'll save hope sandoval for the nightly lullaby then.

fucking shit, being temporarily single sucks.

okay. good nights to all.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth