Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Plane Hits NYC Apartment!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.12.2006, 02:35 AM   #21
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Is that a hypothetical question?
Old 10.12.2006, 04:21 AM   #22
blue sunlover
stalker

blue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really niceblue sunlover is just really nice
i don t know . now i think it wasn t a question. it just had too be told becuz this shit was happening at the same time....
Old 10.12.2006, 09:09 AM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
this is the worst part

Compton said Lidle's wife, Melanie, and their 6-year-old son, Christopher, had left New York for Los Angeles before the accident, and likely had no way of learning of the news. According to Compton, a priest planned to meet the flight at Los Angeles International Airport and break the news to Melanie Lidle that her life is forever changed.

"She doesn't know," Compton said. "She's on a plane heading home. She has no clue."
Old 10.12.2006, 10:06 AM   #24
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
ESPNews actually broke the news before lidles wife had been notified///kinda shitty on thier part....this is a big blow to yankee fans like myself...lidle wasnt around very long with the yankees, and he wasnt that good for them but it brings back memories of munson for older yankee fans....its just so crazy how it all happened

maybe the yankees can rally around this tragedy and dedicate winning the 2007 WS to corey

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 10:10 AM   #25
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
this is the worst part

Compton said Lidle's wife, Melanie, and their 6-year-old son, Christopher, had left New York for Los Angeles before the accident, and likely had no way of learning of the news. According to Compton, a priest planned to meet the flight at Los Angeles International Airport and break the news to Melanie Lidle that her life is forever changed.

"She doesn't know," Compton said. "She's on a plane heading home. She has no clue."

If this wasn't as serious as it is, I would say "Comin' straight outta' compton".

But that's really terrible, especially to realize it at that age. I know how it feels not to have a dad; my dad passed away when I was 3. But at least I didn't get time to know my dad more, because if I did, I'd be affected by it a lot more like my brother was, since he was 13, and he's still that way. It really messes up people's lives when parents die, especially when stepparents get involved. Melanie's probably better off living with just her mom at this point...so sad...
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 10:40 AM   #26
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I happened to be home sick yesterday. I turned the TV on to CNN when this first happened. I turned the TV on again five hours later, and it was still "breaking news"--even though there wasn't anything "new" about the news. TV journalism sucks.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 01:32 PM   #27
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I happened to be home sick yesterday. I turned the TV on to CNN when this first happened. I turned the TV on again five hours later, and it was still "breaking news"--even though there wasn't anything "new" about the news. TV journalism sucks.

well, this was a huge story even before we knew who was onboard....it became even bigger when the pilot turned out to be a NYY

i mean, it did happen in NYC...a plane hitting a buliding there is big enough news, but the fact it was piloted by a yankee is what made it explode into this huge story

remember thurman munson?

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2006, 02:18 PM   #28
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethrneck4
well, this was a huge story even before we knew who was onboard....it became even bigger when the pilot turned out to be a NYY

i mean, it did happen in NYC...a plane hitting a buliding there is big enough news, but the fact it was piloted by a yankee is what made it explode into this huge story

remember thurman munson?

Yeah, but 5-plus hours of continuous coverage? And I didn't stick around for however many more hours they "covered" it. But it's hardly breaking news anymore after the basic facts are in, which they had fairly early on, even that the pilot was a Yankee baseball player. "We're being told the pilot could have been..." Hours later... "Yes, we've confirmed that the pilot was..." Tell ya what, get your facts and information and confirm them and THEN report to me what you know. I don't care about what you THINK you may know or to hear what you think you know is NOT what the situation is. They were just milking iit for all the drama and sensationalism they could. Both CNN and MSNBC are awful about letting you sit through all the drama of an "unfolding" "breaking" news story. It's awful reporting.

I noticed CNN pulled away from Bush's press conference on North Korea shortly after the reporter Q&A session started. Priorities. Better to cover a plane crash where there are cool pictures of buildings burning than to hear what reporters might ask of one of the men who might be responsible for either keeping the world from the nuclear brink or bringing it right over the edge.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth