Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page 2008 U.S. Election Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.19.2008, 11:01 AM   #41
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ps we're proping the economy with chinese money. the bad assets are not "disappearing" they are being put on the shoulders of taxpayers from here to eternity.

the national debt:

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 12:58 PM   #42
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
REPOST:
---------------------

This week, we saw the stark differences between Barack Obama and John McCain on the economy.

With Wall Street in crisis and families struggling, Barack offered a solid plan to strengthen the middle class, including tax cuts for nearly all Americans. John McCain continued the same old politics -- lying about Barack's plan and offering more of the same George Bush policies, including more tax breaks for Big Oil and no solutions for working families.

It's time for that kind of politics to change. And thanks to supporters like you, our movement has grown by more than 50,000 new donors this week. Now we're within reach of a new goal -- 100,000 new donors by midnight tonight.

With just 45 days left before the election, your support will affect crucial decisions about infrastructure in key battleground states. A donation now could have a big impact on voter registration and Get Out The Vote operations -- so please don't wait if you're planning to give.

And if you make your first online donation today, your gift will go twice as far. A previous donor has promised to match every dollar you donate.

A matched donation of $5 becomes $10, a donation of $25 becomes $50, and a donation of $50 will become $100.

Show your support before midnight tonight and double your impact:

https://donate.barackobama.com/newgoal5a

Thanks for everything you are doing,

David

David Plouffe
Campaign Manager

Obama for America
Old 09.19.2008, 01:36 PM   #43
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I don't see why one can't take their own initiative as well as still have faith in the American political system.

But this thread isn't here for you to continue on in your quasi-revolutionary daydreaming. It's here to facilitate election discussion.

Is not my participation equally discussion of election? don't be a conversation nazi, regardless of my quasi or fully radically views regarding the depravity of this politrick-shitstem..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 01:38 PM   #44
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
REPOST:
---------------------

This week, we saw the stark differences between Barack Obama and John McCain on the economy.

With Wall Street in crisis and families struggling, Barack offered a solid plan to strengthen the middle class, including tax cuts for nearly all Americans. John McCain continued the same old politics -- lying about Barack's plan and offering more of the same George Bush policies, including more tax breaks for Big Oil and no solutions for working families.

It's time for that kind of politics to change. And thanks to supporters like you, our movement has grown by more than 50,000 new donors this week. Now we're within reach of a new goal -- 100,000 new donors by midnight tonight.

With just 45 days left before the election, your support will affect crucial decisions about infrastructure in key battleground states. A donation now could have a big impact on voter registration and Get Out The Vote operations -- so please don't wait if you're planning to give.

And if you make your first online donation today, your gift will go twice as far. A previous donor has promised to match every dollar you donate.

A matched donation of $5 becomes $10, a donation of $25 becomes $50, and a donation of $50 will become $100.

Show your support before midnight tonight and double your impact:

https://donate.barackobama.com/newgoal5a

Thanks for everything you are doing,

David

David Plouffe
Campaign Manager

Obama for America

a hundred dollars used to be more than enough
and now a hundred times a day and still it's not enough

Old 09.19.2008, 02:03 PM   #45
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Is not my participation equally discussion of election?
No, because you are discussing the validity of the process while I made this to keep up with developments. By calling into question the electoral process, we who are simply interested in keep up to date have to go back and defend the system in order to allow use to return back to topic. I'm not saying that you can't criticize the system but do so in another thread which isn't already operating with an allowance of the system. You are distracting.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 02:12 PM   #46
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
No, because you are discussing the validity of the process while I made this to keep up with developments. By calling into question the electoral process, we who are simply interested in keep up to date have to go back and defend the system in order to allow use to return back to topic. I'm not saying that you can't criticize the system but do so in another thread which isn't already operating with an allowance of the system. You are distracting.

maybe that was my point entirely? if you have to "go back and defend the system' maybe you will analyze your own intentions, think twice about your own decisions, and come up with a most thought out solution.

I do not expect people to suddenly abandoned this political shitstem, nor is that my intention, I am just trying to keep everyone on their toes so to speak. If I continually challenge the status quo, then you all who are defending it will have to continually re-examine it, and then come up with new, better conclusions. I dont want you all to drop out of participation or to become anarchists, quite the contrary, I want my pestering to cause you to properly investigate this shistem and these leaders and their platforms and policies.

If i challenge the very system itself, you will have to go down to its fundamentals in order to defend it, and in the process, you will become a more aware American, and for that, I do this.

like it or not, I'm here for the duration, and if it is that troublesome, there is an ignore list, thought I dont think you feel so strongly against my posts for all that..

Old 09.19.2008, 02:32 PM   #47
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
First, the assumption that I am ever completely comfortable with the process or that I never truly question the fundaments at times myself is insulting. But I'm not against defending the good I see in it nor am I against confronting its problems but this thread is an inappropriate place to do so despite your own self-righteous feelings of conscientious benevolence to we who are "caught in the Matrix." This thread is particularly about the 2008 Election and, thus, suspends the question of fundamentals in order to discuss the particular topic. You are undermining the topic with the question of fundamentals and, thus, my patience. If you want to make a thread about the American political process, please do so and I will read and perhaps respond but until then please let this thread stay on topic. I don't want to put you on ignore because nobody is ever entirely without merit but if you do continue I will marginalize your worth in order to discuss what I have established to discuss.
Old 09.19.2008, 03:42 PM   #48
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
First, the assumption that I am ever completely comfortable with the process or that I never truly question the fundaments at times myself is insulting. But I'm not against defending the good I see in it nor am I against confronting its problems but this thread is an inappropriate place to do so despite your own self-righteous feelings of conscientious benevolence to we who are "caught in the Matrix." This thread is particularly about the 2008 Election and, thus, suspends the question of fundamentals in order to discuss the particular topic. .

don't take it so personally, this is a public forum, it is not strictly YOU who I am trying to get on their toes, but the other hundreds of pairs of eyes who lurk on this board and might be far more ignorant than yourself.

I stand by my conviction, I have ONLY posted on this thread info relevant to this election process, and if you do not like my opinions regarding this election, why did you post a thread asking such info?

ignore me if you like, but I have done nothing wrong by representing dissidence on this thread, in fact, it is essential to the democratic process!

"dissent's not treason but they talk like its the same, since when is skepticism unAmerican?"

Old 09.19.2008, 04:11 PM   #49
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

sure the financial requirements of political campaigns have grown in recent times, but as the saying goes, "never bring a sword to a gunfight".

this is a gunfight. we need ammunition. martyrs be damned. or to quote george s. patton: "no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. he won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

let's beat that bastard mccain & his republican cronies & oil companies & iraq contractors right now & worry about the "shitstem" and how the man is doing this & that when our head is above water again, ok?
Old 09.19.2008, 04:23 PM   #50
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
sure the financial requirements of political campaigns have grown in recent times, but as the saying goes, "never bring a sword to a gunfight".

this is a gunfight. we need ammunition. martyrs be damned. or to quote george s. patton: "no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. he won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

let's beat that bastard mccain & his republican cronies & oil companies & iraq contractors right now & worry about the "shitstem" and how the man is doing this & that when our head is above water again, ok?

I agree with that, but I just dont see supporting the democrats as any kind of rising above water, they are still well bellow the surface mark, in the murky depths bellow the light...

further, money corrupts even more absolutely than power!

Old 09.19.2008, 04:25 PM   #51
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I agree with that, but I just dont see supporting the democrats as any kind of rising above water, they are still well bellow the surface mark, in the murky depths bellow the light...

further, money corrupts even more absolutely than power!

ok, if you say so.

i'm off to canvass.

have a nice weekend.
Old 09.19.2008, 04:38 PM   #52
pbradley
invito al cielo

The fact that you think my annoyance with your derailing of the topic is the same squelching your right to dissent (on an internet forum) only goes to show how out of touch you are. I don't care that you are dissenting against the system, its the fact that you are discussing ELECTIONS IN GENERAL over the 2008 Election. What you have posted is relevant to this election only so far as it is an election but this thread is about coverage, not concept.

But don't bother replying to me directly, I am putting you on ignore.
Old 09.19.2008, 04:58 PM   #53
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
The fact that you think my annoyance with your derailing of the topic is the same squelching your right to dissent (on an internet forum) only goes to show how out of touch you are. I don't care that you are dissenting against the system, its the fact that you are discussing ELECTIONS IN GENERAL over the 2008 Election. What you have posted is relevant to this election only so far as it is an election but this thread is about coverage, not concept.

But don't bother replying to me directly, I am putting you on ignore.

oh thats to bad, I am sorry your feelings got so hurt from me expressing my political opinions on a thread about politics. enjoy that ignore function, thats what its there for, but you are just like the rest of American politics, apathetic to the opposition, and you are following the stifling example of the US sytem, to cut out all opposing voices and keep the ball rolling to the status quo at hand...

but I suppose you will not be reading this, so it is for the other eyes out there in internet land.

Old 09.19.2008, 05:12 PM   #54
pbradley
invito al cielo

Well back on topic:

Sarah Palin's husband has refused to testify about the Trooper scandal in spite of a subpoena.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/0...pite-subpoena/

Sarah Palin is increasingly sounding like what is worst about state politicians. Abusive with power but nationally obscure enough to get away with it as well as knowing jack shit about national issues.
Old 09.20.2008, 11:03 AM   #55
eduveloper
bad moon rising

eduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asses
if USA-citizens would vote for a pupil of Rev. Wright, what a relief
if they vote for a leader of a country in war on terror, a president of the powerful financial nation i don't know

anyway GO VOTE
eduveloper is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2008, 01:29 PM   #56
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Well back on topic:

Sarah Palin's husband has refused to testify about the Trooper scandal in spite of a subpoena.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/0...pite-subpoena/

Sarah Palin is increasingly sounding like what is worst about state politicians. Abusive with power but nationally obscure enough to get away with it as well as knowing jack shit about national issues.

So how about you join your local field office and work the phone banks for a couple of hours this weekend?

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/cahome

Alternatively, you could spend a weekend in Nevada... "Vegas, baby".
Old 09.20.2008, 03:12 PM   #57
sarramkrop

I haven't been following any of this and feel much better off for it.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2008, 03:17 PM   #58
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
So how about you join your local field office and work the phone banks for a couple of hours this weekend?

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/cahome

Alternatively, you could spend a weekend in Nevada... "Vegas, baby".
Entirely impossible. Wish it wasn't but it is.
Old 09.20.2008, 04:08 PM   #59
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Entirely impossible. Wish it wasn't but it is.

the girls in the campaign are hot, smart, passionate, articulate. better than any bar.

(ps- for travel, volunteers sign up to house organizers so it's not like you'd be going on your own dime. but you don't have to travel. 2 hours a week is all you need to contribute and who doesn't have one really?)

you can do as little or as much as you want. if you wanna just do a little, you can--

just like talking to the interwebsters, you can talk to undecided voters.

COME ON ALREADY.
Old 09.20.2008, 05:44 PM   #60
pbradley
invito al cielo

Impossible means that there is no possibility. If I wasn't working and going to school, sure. This isn't because I don't want to, I do. And if I could do it, I would but for more than two hours a week. Frankly at the moment, I have very little leniency with the my financial situation and volunteering is just impossible.

Until then, my birthday party is in four hours so I'm not thinking about this now.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth