Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Are you doing what you thought you'd be doing 10 years ago?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.18.2010, 11:59 AM   #1
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
NO I am not. I don't know why. I ponder this alot. 10 years ago I had dreams. Today I still have some of them, but time has torn the edges a bit. 10 years ago I did not know I was going to be a mommy. 10 years ago I sold lampshades to rich women and helped Ryan mow yards on my days off. we were going to build a strong business that would last. Since then that dream was smashed and not by us. So my next dream Interior Design. I was still working on my degree and had visions of becoming a great designer and creating beautiful places and art for ppl to enjoy. I dreamed about singing. 10 years ago I dreamt of being skinny. It is the only dream I ever fullfilled. I'm a bit jaded now. Everything is an Illusion. 10 years ago what I thought was so opposite of what I think today. I was once a positive person. But now I can see that nothing will really ever make me happy. I used to dream of having a nice house with a great garden and being featured in Southern Living for my "perfect" home. HA!!!! I was way off mark with that one BTW not a dream anymore I threw that one in the trash. Fuck them.

Now I feel like I am reverting back to when I was 16. I don't want to live in everyone else's reality. epecially the ppl here. Dumb fucks but love em. I do not want alot of money or a big house or perfection anymore. Right now I am just dreaming of a genuine smile.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2010, 12:06 PM   #2
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
i'm pretty much doing exactly what i was doing 10 years ago and 10 years ago i didn't really have any thoughts as to what i would be doing in 10 years time. i still don't really.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2010, 12:09 PM   #3
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
nobody will answer yes Gail.
Old 11.18.2010, 12:11 PM   #4
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
I know. That is part of my curiosity. How other's lives have gone down other paths than expected, planned wanted.

Old 11.18.2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Yes.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2010, 12:12 PM   #6
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Good!!!!! You are hope

Old 11.18.2010, 12:15 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
nobody will answer yes Gail.

thats not entirely accurate. I'm sure many folks like myself will say yes and no. I anticipated graduating from University, I dreamed of becoming an active part of the Rastafari community, and I am still bound and determined to get to Ethiopia land.
The unanticipated things have still been good, I didn't anticipate becoming Habte Selassie, I never dreamed of teaching high school, and I surely thought I would still be a dreadlock (8 out of 10 years aint bad though )

Life changes and evolved, you have to have practical dreams that serve as a rudder to guide your life in at least a bit of direction, but also leave a little room to have some sincere, unanticipated fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
NO I am not. I don't know why. I ponder this alot. 10 years ago I had dreams. Today I still have some of them, but time has torn the edges a bit. 10 years ago I did not know I was going to be a mommy. 10 years ago I sold lampshades to rich women and helped Ryan mow yards on my days off. we were going to build a strong business that would last. Since then that dream was smashed and not by us. So my next dream Interior Design. I was still working on my degree and had visions of becoming a great designer and creating beautiful places and art for ppl to enjoy. I dreamed about singing. 10 years ago I dreamt of being skinny. It is the only dream I ever fullfilled. I'm a bit jaded now. Everything is an Illusion. 10 years ago what I thought was so opposite of what I think today. I was once a positive person. But now I can see that nothing will really ever make me happy. I used to dream of having a nice house with a great garden and being featured in Southern Living for my "perfect" home. HA!!!! I was way off mark with that one BTW not a dream anymore I threw that one in the trash. Fuck them.

Now I feel like I am reverting back to when I was 16. I don't want to live in everyone else's reality. epecially the ppl here. Dumb fucks but love em. I do not want alot of money or a big house or perfection anymore. Right now I am just dreaming of a genuine smile.
..when all of your wishes are granted..
..many of your dreams..
..will be destroyed..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2010, 12:17 PM   #8
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SuchFriendsAreDangerous again.

Old 11.18.2010, 12:18 PM   #9
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
i'm pretty much doing exactly what i was doing 10 years ago and 10 years ago i didn't really have any thoughts as to what i would be doing in 10 years time. i still don't really.

I don't know what I want to be doing 10 years from now, but I KNOW I DO NOT want it to be what I am doing now.

Old 11.18.2010, 12:23 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SuchFriendsAreDangerous again.

Old 11.18.2010, 12:24 PM   #11
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I can never seem to rep my boy.
Old 11.18.2010, 12:27 PM   #12
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I turned out even better than I had hoped... at the age of 10.

I never ever thought that I would be capable of losing as much weight as I did. I could've sworn I was doomed to live a painful life of obesity. I went to film school, have like 600 DVDs, 8 different video game systems, a very hot girlfriend, and post on a forum where I'm at least somewhat well-respected.

What more could a 19/20 year old nerd ask for?
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2010, 12:27 PM   #13
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

I know me either. Hes a smart fella he is.

Old 11.18.2010, 12:28 PM   #14
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
10 years ago i was in 5th grade and i thought i was gonna be an astronaut. so...no
Old 11.18.2010, 12:28 PM   #15
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

I never ever thought that I would be capable of losing as much weight as I did. I could've sworn I was doomed to live a painful life of obesity. I went to film school, have like 600 DVDs, 8 different video game systems, a very hot girlfriend, and post on a forum where I'm at least somewhat well-respected.

not liking ICP, guy?
Old 11.18.2010, 12:29 PM   #16
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

no cuntbreath

you are only mildly somewhat partially well-respected.

your life is fail now.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2010, 12:29 PM   #17
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
10 years ago i was in 5th grade and i thought i was gonna be an astronaut. so...no

she thinks she missed the train to mars.. shes out back counting stars..

Quote:
a very hot girlfriend,

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dr. Eugene Felikson again.

thats all I dreamed of when I was ten

Old 11.18.2010, 12:32 PM   #18
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Yes.

so it took you 10 full years to get to... this?
Old 11.18.2010, 12:33 PM   #19
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
no, i thought i'd be writing but i'm making movies instead.

still, not a bad deal, but i wanna get back to writing.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2010, 12:33 PM   #20
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:

That is another reason I ask, because of the different age ranges on this board. I've already written that part of my life away as just a dream.

I was obese too at the same age and felt just the same. That is mainly why I have eating disorders still, because i was always an outsider the fat girl to make fun of. Than I puked starved and excercised for 3 months and entered highschool "Hot" I did not know what that meant and I was REALLY naive about boys. I never got any attention before and did not know how to react to it.

Keep doin whatever it is you are cause it sounds like shit will turn out for you. watch those 20's though. They go fast.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth