Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why won't Europe let Its Muslims Build Mosques?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.05.2010, 08:19 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
This seems to be an ongoing issue in Europe. There are quite a few muslims in European countries left-overs from the colonial days and of course a surging refugee population as a result of terrible wars and destruction..

This growing Muslim population in Europe has been trying to legitimize itself in building mosques to accommodate worshipers, and instead many many European communities have resisted and blocked these developments.

Attention Europe, don't you realize that in doing this, you are only further stoking the fires of radicalism, and to further disenfranchise European muslims, being they immigrants or homegrown, will only come to burn Europe in the end?

In the US, people may be racist but the freedom to worship and build places of worship is relatively well-enforced (after all, it has a perk for the government in promoting diversity which can result in division ie, divide and conquer )

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2010, 10:13 PM   #2
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
where? when? too much generalization.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2010, 10:25 PM   #3
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
well, as an american you're not in a position to criticise people's muslimphobia.

given that, although you're "entitled" to be a muslim in the us territory, a significant part of the population had no problem declaring war against islam (oh yeah i know civilians get killed but look at what they've done to us, we're scared and they hate us) and absurd institutionalised discrimination at anyone that remotely resembles a muslim (change your name to mohamed, grow a beard and try to travel through american airports).

also, i'm not sure if you're aware, europe is not a country. so i don't even know ehat exactly you're talking about.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2010, 10:40 PM   #4
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
europe is not a country

lol then how come when you look at a map it says 'Europe,' just like that, with borders and everything?

i for one support Europe's king's decision to not allow for terrorist nurseries.

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2010, 11:34 PM   #5
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
well, as an american you're not in a position to criticise people's muslimphobia.

given that, although you're "entitled" to be a muslim in the us territory, a significant part of the population had no problem declaring war against islam (oh yeah i know civilians get killed but look at what they've done to us, we're scared and they hate us) and absurd institutionalised discrimination at anyone that remotely resembles a muslim (change your name to mohamed, grow a beard and try to travel through american airports).

also, i'm not sure if you're aware, europe is not a country. so i don't even know ehat exactly you're talking about.

he referred to Auschwitz as 'disneyesque' so we are not dealing with the sharpest tool in the shed.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 07.06.2010, 08:02 AM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
All hail King Europe! I'm attending a protest in Brighton pavillions against the influence of Islamic architecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2010, 08:47 AM   #7
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
There have been some recent protests here in NYC against a mosque being built near the World Trade Center hole and also another at a empty convent on Staten Island (who after the outcry from the neighbors decided to not sell).
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2010, 09:23 AM   #8
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Sounds more like Islamobashing, if you ask me.

Wouldn't it be a bit daft if Africa suddenly decided to demolish all of it's colonial architecture that dots the landscape throughout the continent?

The bullshit story that mosques pollute a city's skyline only shows how fearful some people still are of loosing their identity.

The world has become a diverse melting pot of allsorts, people!
Wake up and smell the foreign coffee.
Old 07.06.2010, 09:28 AM   #9
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
shows how fearful some people still are of loosing their identity..

is that not a valid worry?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2010, 09:31 AM   #10
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
No one is talking about the actual issue.

Christians and Christianity are currently AT WAR against Muslims and Islam itself.
No matter how much peopl say this is a war on terrorism, or a war about oil, or a war about power politics, it is NOT. This is a war begun by a militant religious fundamentalist (Bin laden) and escalated by a militant religious fundamentalist (George W. Bush).

In their hearts, they KNOW this "war" is a continuation of the centuries old battle between religions. The crusades continue, except instead of religious relics, we are bringing back valuable black gold, texas tea, which, by removing it from Muslim hands, takes the power away from those hands.

and there are many governments through Europe that see Islam as a spreading viral danger. It speaks a lot when fundamentalist christianity and fundamentalist islam are the two fastest growing religions worldwide. One will beat the other.
Old 07.06.2010, 09:32 AM   #11
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
is that not a valid worry?

I've never felt intimidated by it, if that's what you're asking.
Then again, I'm not a nationalist, which kind of helps.
Old 07.06.2010, 09:35 AM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hopefully they both wipe each other (religions) off trhe face of the Earth without killing the millions and billions that do not give a flying fuck about their goddamn supertitious nonsense. That will not happen though. The people who are actively pursuing this religious war will stop at nothing short of total annihilation of the enemy, and if it takes the total anihilation of themselves to do it, so what? they don;t give a fuck because like the good stupid brainwashed ignorant fundamentalists they are they believe that their side will automatically eneter heaven in death. It is win-win for them. these peiople are still running the USA by the way.

Obama distanced himself but he ahs always attended an apocalyptic church. he does niot talk a bout it now.
Old 07.06.2010, 11:18 AM   #13
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

Old 07.06.2010, 11:18 AM   #14
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
I've never felt intimidated by it, if that's what you're asking.
Then again, I'm not a nationalist, which kind of helps.

YEAH

did you not sing the national anthem at school tsc

Old 07.06.2010, 11:42 AM   #15
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I live in a place where at least 9/10 of the population are muslim of from that religious background. I'm yet to witness these alleged acts of widespread bullshit extremism the media and many of the internet people seem so keen on discussing all the time. And to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this constant finger-pointing and hysterical attitudes will drive certain individuals that way.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2010, 11:52 AM   #16
jon boy
invito al cielo

i lived in an area that was also mainly muslim (the london 7/7 bombers made some of the bombs they used within a few streets of me) and apart from those idiots i never saw anything but good community relations and after that happened people from all religions joined and marched through the streets in a show of unison.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 07.06.2010, 11:54 AM   #17
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
religion is now cooler than sonic youth. bet that keeps Rob awake at night

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2010, 12:06 PM   #18
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

It does.

we will all die at the hands of "true believers."
Old 07.06.2010, 12:12 PM   #19
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm with Herrs Boy and Death on this - I've had nothing but positive experiences with Muslims. I've also found that 'Islamophobia' only really happens when someone doesn't know any Muslims, ie, white-bread arsewash nowheresville. The hysteria in the popular press about it is preposterous. But we're talking about the UK - I think suchfriends is talking about somewhere else in Europe. Herr Death may know more about it, but I think there were objections to mosques being built in Rome at some point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2010, 12:18 PM   #20
jon boy
invito al cielo

i think there is a tendency to paint everyone with the same sweeping generalized brush just because of the actions of a minority. especially if the tabloid press are anything to go by. take that tosser amjem choudery, his views are taken (by the press) and therefore the uneducated masses of being by all muslims but thats like saying nick griffin is the same for the english.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth