Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page You cant hear the words cuz the music's to loud! [Subhumans live last night!]
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.16.2008, 04:39 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Complicated words are stated
Theories become outdated
The innovation of your crime
Is out of tune and out of

No! No! I don t like it!
What we gonna do about it?
Let s sit down and talk about it

Action speaks louder than silence
But action is more than just violence
The thoughts are too strong to keep down
But you can t hear the words cos the music's too loud

Political voices
Distortionate noises
The products of our teenage dreams
Is this what entertainment means?
The piercing sound of teenage screams

Talking can't change anything
Someone said "the boy can't sing"
This entertainment is absurd
You re so busy fighting you can't hear the words

All your violence is in vain
You action men are all the same
Action is more than mindless violence
Look at yourself in paranoid silence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uG2TmOUJyg [not the song above, but in fact, a better one]

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2008, 04:42 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
subhumans, last night, live in a dive, the echo across the street from Echo Park lake, fuck yeah!

I hadn't been in a real pit in two years, fucking subVertsubVertsubVert. they even played my favorite song Subvert City last night, which I had been trying to see for the previous six times I had seen them. I had forgetten underneath all this Rastafari and reggae there is a pissed off punk. I used to be in chaos punk bands, but then I started playing the Grateful Dead, and it sabotaged that kind of music like Microsoft to competitors software. However, last night, BAM! the pit, the crowd, the noise, the fists in the air, it is the few times you can loose your shirt from being drenched in sweat at the club. Kurt Cobain wasn't kidding, the best definition of punk rock=freedom

anyone else ever had to priviledge of attending a Subhumans Punk Rock Liturgy?

Old 04.17.2008, 12:14 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

no? in the line for radiohead tickets I met no less then three people who liked subhumans and radiohead is way mellow then sonic youth. this surprises me greatly.

Old 04.17.2008, 12:20 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMAh
I saw Subhumans about a year ago, and they came to Ottawa the year before that but I missed them.
They really do put on an awesome show, it was one of the best I've been to.

isnt it? and I jumped in that pit with a 102 fever!

Old 04.17.2008, 12:28 PM   #5
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i saw them about 5 years ago. i thought they were boring live. it didn't help that the show started at like four in the afternoon and a bunch of skins were there.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2008, 01:57 PM   #6
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
nope, but i do enjoy their music.
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 01:58 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
i saw them about 5 years ago. i thought they were boring live. it didn't help that the show started at like four in the afternoon and a bunch of skins were there.

a) where was this?

b) cuz I have NEVER seen ONE fucking SKIN at a subhumans gig cuz we would literally have started a riot over the shit like we did two years ago at the so-called British Invasion in San Bernandino where some bitch ass nazis showed up to start a fight they just could not finish. we stabbed those bitches, surrounded them entirely so the cops/security couldn't get in and threw poles and chairs and shit at the cops outside to keep um busy. fuck off nazi punks you have no business in the world!

San Bernardino punk riot

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
The San Bernardino punk riot occurred on March 4, 2006 after a popular punk rock festival entitled the British Invasion 2k6 in San Bernardino, California was shut down early due to the stabbing of a youth during the concert, possibly in the concert moshpit. The disturbance that led to the stabbing was reportedly caused by a group of youths advocating white power and making racist remarks to many of the concert-goers. In an apparent attempt to disperse the agitated crowd outside the venue, police used tear gas, releasing it not only at the site of the disturbance but also inside the venue itself where no disturbance had occurred, catching many concert-goers unawares. Some attendees became angry and destroyed several police cars outside the venue. Helicopters and riot police were called in and the crowd moved out of the parking lot and into San Bernardino. Estimates put the crowd at 1,500 fans who then began vandalizing local businesses and parked cars in the downtown area. Dumpsters were set on fire and several shops were broken into while dozens more were damaged. Many attendees who were driven to the event by parents were unable to disperse the property as demanded by the police and were forced into the surrounding neighborhood.[1]
Nearly 200 police were called in to quell the riot which lasted several hours. At least four officers were injured and two concert-goers were hospitalized, one of them being the stabbing victim. The police made over a dozen arrests. The riot caused $500 thousand dollars in damages.[2]

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth