Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY piano album... ?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.26.2008, 02:09 PM   #41
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
there was a triangle roll on the Proms the other night. built it up nicely
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2008, 02:44 PM   #42
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I dont understand the concept of the piano as a boring instrument at all. As atsonic pointed out, John Cage. Along with the likes of Sun Ra, Thelonious Monk, Bill Evans, Herbie Hancock, Brad Mehldau, Dick Hymen and countless others that I would never refer to as boring.

i don't think that's what Heckler meant at all (not that he needs me to answer to this either).
He meant what I meant which is that there are things you can't do with piano, especially trying to sound like Sonic Youth!!!
This being said you can run a piano through FX which would be more akin to fennesz like Dead Air said before.
and as for me, i only write off (totally) some of SYR 4 "piano" doodling as a reaction to the video up there in the thread that shows the piece 13 whatever. They totally look like pretentious arseholes when they usually look like semi GODS to me.....
but hey...
and i love lots of piano-related muzak so i'm not biased against piano at all.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth