Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Mix Tapes
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.19.2006, 12:38 PM   #501
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i have to say that i enjoy this thread a lot, the reviews and conversations people have from the mixtapes they get.

Without a doubt the best thing to happen to the forum in a long time.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2006, 01:58 PM   #502
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
My review of the tape

Artwork looks greeat. A drawing of Jesus I persume?

Pork A
1. New order- Evil Dust
I like this group. A bud of mine bought me the greatist hits album a while back. good groovin pop tune. perfect music for me to do the robot to!

2. Warlocks- Whips of Mercy
Never heard of them. Good mellow vibe with this one. Reminds me a bit of pink floyd or bedhead. Sounds like a good song to listen to whilist laying on the floor3. Client- Unkown Title
Good electric groovin sound. I've never heard of this group either. Another good song that makes me wanna do the robot. I take it you like doing the robot?

4. Katie B- Breakdown
Another upbeat pop groove. My arms are tired from doing the robot

5. Aesop Rock- Daylight
Reminds me of the Beastie Boys but now the vocals kicked in, not so much. Good hip-hop sounds. I've heard a couple songs by Aesop Rock before. I'm digging it

6. Sparkle Horse- Happy Pig
WOW! I love the way you just morphed the tracks together. Good raw rock. Sounds like something the Iggy Pop could've written. I love the noise at the end.. But wait! They went back into the song. I love it

7. Uilab- St Elmo's Fire
Chilled out. I like the vocal harmonies

8. Prince- Anastacia
Not bad for a prince song. I was never a big fan of his. Though I like that little red corvette song

9. Papa M- Crowd of One
Starts out with phone calls. that's neat. Wow, people are leaving some crazy messages. haha, that song was all phone calls. A fun listen

Pork B

1. Broadcast- The Book Lovers
I like the organ groove

2. Arcade 2600- Frozen
Fun synth sounds

3. Neu- Lilac Angel
I like the scat singing
daduhdauhddadada!

4. Bodsenstag 2000- Wurmlochhymne
Almost Mario-esque synth songs. Cooky and fun

5. Q Lazarus- Goodbye Horses
Corny pop, (not in a bad way) it's listenable though

6. Ride- Drive Blind
Fun sounds.

7. Groove Rebels Vs. Siman
Techno-ish pop once again, very listenable. Stuff I wouldnt normally listen to. Which is a very good thing

8. Loop- Arch Lite
Again, I love how the songs seige together. One of the few guitar tracks. I like it..

A strange loop, pretty repetative, but still listenable somehow

And after about 5 minutes of silence I found the secret track. hahah

Overall the tape was very good. Mostly because the songs and artists on the tape are not things I would normally find myself listening to. Which is great, I'm always looking for new artsits and genres to get into. The tracks are very consistant. Certianly an all killer no filler tape made by a man named Porky.
Thanks freind
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2006, 02:39 PM   #503
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I got YOUR tape, Joel!

I will listen to it later, as I have to go out soon. I love the artwork and the neat polaroid inside. :]
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2006, 02:41 PM   #504
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Do you think that he might have listened to it and decided to put an end to his life?He hasn't been online for a few days,i think.Worrying................

I left the country. How was mine, anyway?
Old 08.19.2006, 02:43 PM   #505
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
My review of the tape

Artwork looks greeat. A drawing of Jesus I persume?

Pork A
1. New order- Evil Dust
I like this group. A bud of mine bought me the greatist hits album a while back. good groovin pop tune. perfect music for me to do the robot to!

2. Warlocks- Whips of Mercy
Never heard of them. Good mellow vibe with this one. Reminds me a bit of pink floyd or bedhead. Sounds like a good song to listen to whilist laying on the floor3. Client- Unkown Title
Good electric groovin sound. I've never heard of this group either. Another good song that makes me wanna do the robot. I take it you like doing the robot?

4. Katie B- Breakdown
Another upbeat pop groove. My arms are tired from doing the robot

5. Aesop Rock- Daylight
Reminds me of the Beastie Boys but now the vocals kicked in, not so much. Good hip-hop sounds. I've heard a couple songs by Aesop Rock before. I'm digging it

6. Sparkle Horse- Happy Pig
WOW! I love the way you just morphed the tracks together. Good raw rock. Sounds like something the Iggy Pop could've written. I love the noise at the end.. But wait! They went back into the song. I love it

7. Uilab- St Elmo's Fire
Chilled out. I like the vocal harmonies

8. Prince- Anastacia
Not bad for a prince song. I was never a big fan of his. Though I like that little red corvette song

9. Papa M- Crowd of One
Starts out with phone calls. that's neat. Wow, people are leaving some crazy messages. haha, that song was all phone calls. A fun listen

Pork B

1. Broadcast- The Book Lovers
I like the organ groove

2. Arcade 2600- Frozen
Fun synth sounds

3. Neu- Lilac Angel
I like the scat singing
daduhdauhddadada!

4. Bodsenstag 2000- Wurmlochhymne
Almost Mario-esque synth songs. Cooky and fun

5. Q Lazarus- Goodbye Horses
Corny pop, (not in a bad way) it's listenable though

6. Ride- Drive Blind
Fun sounds.

7. Groove Rebels Vs. Siman
Techno-ish pop once again, very listenable. Stuff I wouldnt normally listen to. Which is a very good thing

8. Loop- Arch Lite
Again, I love how the songs seige together. One of the few guitar tracks. I like it..

A strange loop, pretty repetative, but still listenable somehow

And after about 5 minutes of silence I found the secret track. hahah

Overall the tape was very good. Mostly because the songs and artists on the tape are not things I would normally find myself listening to. Which is great, I'm always looking for new artsits and genres to get into. The tracks are very consistant. Certianly an all killer no filler tape made by a man named Porky.
Thanks freind
Aw bless! The next one i'll post some poppers with it too.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2006, 03:34 PM   #506
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I got YOUR tape, Joel!

I will listen to it later, as I have to go out soon. I love the artwork and the neat polaroid inside. :]
Awesome! I'm glad you like the artwork
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2006, 05:57 PM   #507
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
????????????????? now kids.You confuse me.

Old 08.19.2006, 05:58 PM   #508
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Tell us Porky, what is the object of your confusion?
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2006, 06:02 PM   #509
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Nothing.Got a bit confused.

Old 08.19.2006, 06:06 PM   #510
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I left the country. How was mine, anyway?
lovely.Don't listen to any of the suff at all but i had it on for cleaning of a flat quite a lot.How about that?

Old 08.20.2006, 04:51 PM   #511
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Does that mean everybody's got their tape now?
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2006, 08:07 AM   #512
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
I'm really enjoying the Andy Watch Out track. It's got a real 60's garage feel, a bit like The Prisoners but better.

I've just found that the band who recorded that has a myspace page. It's good to know that myspace is good for something.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2006, 09:50 AM   #513
paul groovy
empty page

paul groovy is a splendid one to beholdpaul groovy is a splendid one to beholdpaul groovy is a splendid one to beholdpaul groovy is a splendid one to beholdpaul groovy is a splendid one to beholdpaul groovy is a splendid one to beholdpaul groovy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I've just found that the band who recorded that has a myspace page. It's good to know that myspace is good for something.

and the singer of that band has discovered you saying nice things about Andy watch Out!.....your comments have brought a smile to my face.There is some other stuff up on our myspace page(it gets changed every 6 weeks or so),along with a 2006 mix of Andy done by a dance producer called Yamasaki.
Andy Watch Out! is also going to get a 20th anniversary release next year!
love
groovy
x
paul groovy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2006, 09:54 AM   #514
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul groovy
and the singer of that band has discovered you saying nice things about Andy watch Out!.....your comments have brought a smile to my face.There is some other stuff up on our myspace page(it gets changed every 6 weeks or so),along with a 2006 mix of Andy done by a dance producer called Yamasaki.
Andy Watch Out! is also going to get a 20th anniversary release next year!
love
groovy
x
Splendid stuff! Now how's about a CD release of Let's Crash The Blue Bus? I can't even find the tape on ebay!
Old 10.20.2006, 10:16 AM   #515
paul groovy
empty page

paul groovy is a splendid one to beholdpaul groovy is a splendid one to beholdpaul groovy is a splendid one to beholdpaul groovy is a splendid one to beholdpaul groovy is a splendid one to beholdpaul groovy is a splendid one to beholdpaul groovy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Splendid stuff! Now how's about a CD release of Let's Crash The Blue Bus? I can't even find the tape on ebay!
Funnily enough a rerelease might just happen!Criminalrecordz,who are doing the Andy reissue(an ep called "WholeLottaAndy!"),might well put out the Bus as well. Shame its not on e-bay-found Andy on there though,going for a tenner.
Blus Bus has been bootlegged though! A friend in New York saw it earlier this year on cd,complete with original artwork and all!
Old 10.20.2006, 10:26 AM   #516
sonicl
invito al cielo

I'll keep an eye for it, and then buy lots of copies for all my friends
Old 10.21.2006, 02:35 AM   #517
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
Sure I love makin mix tapes just give me an idea of what ya want and I'll run wild with it.
Old 10.21.2006, 07:41 AM   #518
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
hmm, havent got my round 3 tape yet...... im sure its coming.
Old 10.21.2006, 08:09 AM   #519
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
hmm, havent got my round 3 tape yet...... im sure its coming.

Same here. I think they're delayed somehow.
Old 10.23.2006, 04:52 AM   #520
paul groovy
empty page

Quote:
I'll keep an eye for it, and then buy lots of copies for all my friends

just put up some new old stuff on myspace if anyones interested!!

www.myspace.com/paulgroovyandthepopartexperience
232425 26 272829 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth