Old 07.01.2009, 06:04 AM   #21
Gang Of One
empty page

Gang Of One has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
Cheers Moshe
that eyeweekly interview is wicked.
interesting him talking about the lyrics like that. Kind of contrsdicts what Thurston was saying on Pitchfork, and makes more sense to me.

What did Thurston say ?

By The way didn't Thurston bring up complete songs with lyrics, vocal melody and all for Murray Street ? Is Lee really telling us the truth ?
Gang Of One is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 09:24 AM   #22
Gang Of One
empty page

Gang Of One has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
excellent interviews with Lee, i've learned a lot about their creative process as a band, that's always what i'm looking for.
Plus this is definitely making my day :
"But at the same time, we are slowly learning different older songs. There are some songs we play a lot, like Teenage Riot. We're interested in seeing if we can pull some different oldies out of the hat."
Gang Of One is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2009, 02:42 PM   #23
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gang Of One
What did Thurston say ?

he said something about how the lyrics were just as important as the music or something

i've always felt that the lyrics are pretty poor. embarassing at times, and felt tacked on.

Kool Thing, Sleeping Around, Anti Orgasm all suck, lyrically

(but then Diamond Sea, Skip Tracer, Golden Blue all rule, lyrically so ignore me)
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth