Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim interview at 10:30am PST Tuesday, Feb. 26th
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.26.2013, 01:30 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.kqed.org/a/forum/R201302261030
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2013, 08:03 PM   #2
Aaaadrpk
bad moon rising

Aaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's asses
two times they played teenage riot
annoying blooper

Aaaadrpk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2013, 08:42 PM   #3
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaaadrpk
two times they played teenage riot
annoying blooper

The first time they accidentally played that song Kim said: "That's that old band."
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Aaaadrpk
bad moon rising

Aaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's assesAaaadrpk kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelocia
The first time they accidentally played that song Kim said: "That's that old band."

Yes, I heard. ''old band'' like a delay pedal in my mind. But that's ok. Think what Kim have been doing and what she projects, awesome. Maybe
if nothing had happened she never would something like what she has doing right now.. get on this ''another-level-art'' (innominate for me, what is good and interesting) . Is nice meet this 'another side of Kim'. Hope she continues.. seems that she are full of new things.

in the same way i hope she keep going her art&music,
obviously i hope one day that "old band" back

And about the interview, in the end no excuses, they had body/head song.

edit- sentence bad expresses-
sorry.

Old 02.27.2013, 01:53 PM   #5
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
"That's that old band" sounds like it could have been said with an element of humour, I can't listen to it though so I might be wrong.
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2013, 04:19 PM   #6
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgercorn
"That's that old band" sounds like it could have been said with an element of humour, I can't listen to it though so I might be wrong.

Sounded like she didn't want to hear it, ready to move beyond SY. Totally understandable, but she'll have a hard time shaking a widely celebrated 30 year history.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2013, 05:07 PM   #7
Aaaadrpk
bad moon rising

I think wrong that 'oh let's listen now kim w/ our sadness blahblah s.y broke up' No! i laughed when they changed the music (even thinking it's annoying) and another moments too . But about ''old band'' i thought what i wrote after when I was listen in a second time (tryin understand all parts, literally, i'm not a native English), and I laughed again but more into ''concentrated feeling''. She has (more reserved) a great humor sense.

What really could be changed is the interviewers, more
interesting asks, more connect w/ the person.

PS.: After woke up i was watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqwasSXY98A again,

Old 02.28.2013, 08:12 AM   #8
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Did the word "defunct" in the intro punch anyone else in the gut?

Not "hiatus" or "temporary pause" or anything ambiguous like that. SY is straight-up defunct.

Maybe I've been in denial, and hearing the blunt truth pulled the scales from my eyes. But it hurt a little.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2013, 08:36 AM   #9
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Did the word "defunct" in the intro punch anyone else in the gut?

Not "hiatus" or "temporary pause" or anything ambiguous like that. SY is straight-up defunct.

Maybe I've been in denial, and hearing the blunt truth pulled the scales from my eyes. But it hurt a little.

yes....this was the interview where it really hit me that...yep....they're done ....Kim sounds like she's completely done with the "old band")
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2013, 11:18 AM   #10
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
yes....this was the interview where it really hit me that...yep....they're done ....Kim sounds like she's completely done with the "old band")

I wouldn't say she is completely done. You can only be so "done" with a band that has such a legacy as they do. As much as I don't like to think about it, let alone say it, as far as new material... thats probably not going to happen. (Though we've all had a feeling about that for a little while). I'm still going to cross my fingers on that they will get back into a studio together someday but I have no expectations. But John Moloney said in an interview, posted online on the same day Kim did her interview: "I'm not saying he's moving on. Sonic Youth is not dead. It'll never die. They might take a break from playing shows, but Chelsea Light Moving is not a side project. All of us in the band are one hundred percent into it." While this was more a comment on CLM (which I have come to see as a reincarnation of SY) and does not guarantee anything, reading that made me feel so much better after listening to Kim's interview. Kim is probably the most "moved on" of the three, but it is impossible for her or any of them for that matter to be moved on completely, especially at this point.
Old 02.28.2013, 02:05 PM   #11
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Love your blind optimism, but

FUCKING DEFUNCT
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2013, 02:33 PM   #12
zelocia
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Love your blind optimism, but

FUCKING DEFUNCT

I'm a hopeless optimist in general and there's no exception when it comes to SY. I'm not going to come to any kind of conclusion about anything until there is some kind of official announcement either by them or by Matador or whatever.
Old 02.28.2013, 07:08 PM   #13
Aaaadrpk
bad moon rising

A so now I would like to show my new project
B oh! great! some connection with S.Y?
A not exactly... this is what i have been doing after
B i read about this new project w/ that old guy that
produced a s.y. album, so i imagine some s.y. influence, right?
A no, how i'm trying to say, is entirely new
B ok. so let's hear a part
( interviewer bored itching the nose, while a new song is played)
B So A, I can notice some fragment that reminds S.Y., is this some S.Y touch?
A hum.. no...but hum is incredible what people think... (weird tension laugh)
B. What's your futures projects?
A. Well, touring with this new project..
B. and what's the name of your new project?
A. is a interesting thing, i scribbled a sort of possible names... but i called ''hair in chicken eggs''
B. hair in chicken eggs? Is a very s.y. name!
A. *
scratching-face*

in these circumstances must be boring be a post s.y. trying show a new work when people always try to see some s.y. link.

Old 02.28.2013, 07:33 PM   #14
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Oh dear....
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth