Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.18.2011, 05:33 PM   #13761
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
and yeah I think serial mom and cecil b demented are two of waters best films. Though my fav. wil always be MULTIPLE MANIACS

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2011, 07:46 PM   #13762
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I liked Human Centipede. More because I thought it was better than the shit it could have been. I mean the idea of it just could have been cheap. But instead it was pretty aware it was meant to just be a b-movie and went more mad scientist route instead of just ewww-throw-up route. Shit was amusing to me.
Old 01.18.2011, 08:09 PM   #13763
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
and yeah I think serial mom and cecil b demented are two of waters best films. Though my fav. wil always be MULTIPLE MANIACS

cecil b demented? really? i saw it and i was less than impressed. serial mom is a classic waters film though
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2011, 08:28 PM   #13764
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Cecil B. Demented gets much better with repeated viewings. It's actually sort of inspiring, in an incredibly lofty sense.

Human Centipede wasn't bad at all. The opening tracking shot made me very nostalgic for my exploitation favs. I thought parts of it were absolutely hilarious, like the much over-exposed-due-to-the-internet diagram of the medical process. Also any part that involved one of the links shitting into the other's mouth... I live for that kinda stuff - sadly enough. *SPOILER ALERT* Especially the Asian man's 'death shit' *END SPOILER* That part had me dying.

The writing was so/so, as was the acting, and I saw the ending coming from a mile away... but that's just typical b-movie fare. I think what I really liked most about it was that I had 2 friends, who normally detest this kind of schlock, or anything with subtitles, showing me this incredibly schlocky film with all kinds of subtitles. Like I said in my initial comment, I really appreciate that something like this broke into the eye of the mainstream. I remember reading about it on BloodyDisgusting way before it came out, and would have never dreamed it would've become such a well-known flick.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2011, 11:50 PM   #13765
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Cecil B. Demented gets much better with repeated viewings. It's actually sort of inspiring, in an incredibly lofty sense.

i guess i could see it that way. last time i saw it was years ago and i just don't remember it being all that great. of course this was during a time where i was sort of obsessed with his films.

have you seen Pecker? i've never met anyone who has seen it before and i'm wondering what other people think of it. i enjoyed it
Old 01.19.2011, 12:12 AM   #13766
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Pecker's alright, it's a little bland for a Waters film. But if you're a fan, you should still appreciate it somewhat. The jokes that make fun of art snobs work well enough, and the talking Virgin Mary statue gag, though not as funny (to me) as it was intended to be, was at least memorable. Edward Furlong and Christina Ricci both give pretty strong performances, but for some reason a lot of the delivery just seems off. Definitely not one of his best flicks, but I'd still pick it up if I found a cheap copy of the DVD somewhere. It's worthy of a download, to say the least.
Old 01.19.2011, 01:39 AM   #13767
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses

Everyone else hated it but I thought it was pretty awesome.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2011, 01:58 AM   #13768
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

i laughed my ass off. plain and simple. i need to see michael keaton in more comedies. he's getting old as fuck too
Old 01.19.2011, 03:29 AM   #13769
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses

For the first time.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2011, 06:54 AM   #13770
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Pecker's very bland. I don't like A Dirty Shame at all either.

Old 01.19.2011, 11:25 AM   #13771
diegobra
little trouble girl

diegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's assesdiegobra kicks all y'all's asses
Alfred Hitchcock's The Rope
diegobra is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2011, 01:40 PM   #13772
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Boy, did they fuck this one up. It's a lot like the original, except with less than 10% of the first film's charm. Robert Englund's absence from this picture is the least of it's multiple problems. Not one character is anywhere near as likable as their counterpart in the original film (to be fair, the new Nancy wasn't that bad), Freddy's new backstory was unnecessary, and having a recently killed character's girlfriend fall asleep and have a nightmare AT HIS FUNERAL is unforgivably sloppy writing. Any classic moment from the original that they attempted to recreate through CGI turned out shoddily, and hardly 25% as effective. This film left a bad taste in my mouth, and I think I may have even hated it more than Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.

While not as dreadful as 2010's NOES, or Rob Zombie's potty-mouthed attempt at recreating the Halloween series, 2009's Friday the 13th suffers from one fatal flaw: they fucked up Jason. Instead of being a near-invincible mongoloid who's only thought is, "KILL, KILL, KILL...", now Jason Voorhees is a skilled woodsman who not only runs around Crystal Lake killing teenagers, but he even sets traps, and shoots arrows too!

There was enough fuss over the zombies running in the Dawn of the Dead remake, but can you imagine if they laid down bear traps, and shot guns as well? It really makes you wonder if the filmmakers even began to understand what set Jason Voorhees apart from other slasher villains. NOTE TO MICHAEL BAY: IT'S MORE THAN JUST A HOCKEY MASK.

I did appreciate the early tribute to the potato sack mask in F13: Part II though, and some of the stoner jokes made me smirk, but the black guy was beyond annoying. Is there anything more token black guy than having your black character constantly bitch about how he's not the token black guy?

It's a real shame that they couldn't get any of the major slasher remakes right.
Old 01.19.2011, 02:11 PM   #13773
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I liked the F13 remake. Actually Jason in this one seems very similar to Jason in F13 pt 2 Joe. Remember? He was a human. he had that shack and everything? He used a lot of tools to kill with. I think it came out waaaaaay better than I expected. And it's fun enough.
Old 01.19.2011, 02:19 PM   #13774
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion

For the first time.

What did you think of it?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2011, 02:35 PM   #13775
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

I've not seen all of Waters' later films but those I have seen always remind me of just how much he relied on Divine's persona. Even some of the earlier films that didn't include him (Desperate Living) seem to lack a kind of centre. I'm sure Waters would be the first to admit that Divine was irreplaceable but I wonder if he realises just how much. And not just Divine. David Lochary too, and Edith Massey, and Cookie Mueller - all of whom were just as integral to the success of films like Pink Flamingos and Female Trouble as Waters was, and arguably even Divine. Now we have the likes of Johnny Knoxville, which hardly compares. IMHO.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2011, 02:52 PM   #13776
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

American Psycho

so I finally saw this flick, not bad at all! But I'm not sure, was this film really a facetious analysis of the sociopath mentality of the Wall Street in the Ronald Reagan era? Even deeper, was it just a cap on Ronald Reagan himself, a suit and tie, fashionable, old money-oriented, 80s yuppie with a veil and facade of normality and yet under the plastic surface of style and trendiness lies a true and absolute murderous monster? Are all brokers and traders and politicians really murderous sociopaths? I mean, their lives result in just as much senseless violence across the world, but it is a bit more under the covers, veiled behind their artificial lifestyles? At least thats how I felt, especially with that ending focusing on Reagan's contra scandal speech. All these guys are murders hiding behind nice suits and a high-dollar lifestyle, but I think this was showing perhaps an extreme variant there of? Several African films of the 1970s played on this exact theme, pointing out the ostentatious wealth and plastic lifestyles of the wealthy and elite in African political/economic sphere as a kind of mask giving false legitimacy and a hiding place from all the blinding and hopeless violence perpetrated by their reckless decisions..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2011, 04:01 PM   #13777
noisereductions
invito al cielo

American Psycho is a 5/5 for me. Or 10/10 or whatever. I've seen it easily over 50 times. It's one of my favorites.
Old 01.19.2011, 04:08 PM   #13778
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
American Psycho is a 5/5 for me. Or 10/10 or whatever. I've seen it easily over 50 times. It's one of my favorites.

so would you agree with my interpretation? Is it all just a commentary on the flaws and sociopath tendencies of Reaganomics?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2011, 05:19 PM   #13779
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

8 1/2 is one of the best movies ever.

American Psycho is a pretty hilarious film. The sequel is so awful though.

Old 01.19.2011, 05:22 PM   #13780
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

freak orlando - 5/10

589639679686687688 689 6906916926997397891189 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth