Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The proms 2008
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.08.2008, 04:27 PM   #21
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't have minded going to see the Quartet at the End of Time. I'm listening to it now. While I can't make head or tail of it I would've been intrigued to see it performed.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2008, 04:40 PM   #22
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
A mate of mine went to the Proms one. He had difficulties explaining it without resorting to the word 'epiphany'. If I hadn't seen what I saw last night, the [non-proms] quartet for the end of time would've been my favourite concert of the year. Going to Beethoven's 3rd locally soon. Oooh. Exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2008, 09:32 PM   #23
Senate

Worry not if you missed Stockhausen, as come November he has his very own mini festival at the Southbank Centre.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2008, 11:26 AM   #24
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
And they're doing Xenakis as part of the same series of events, and someone else (I've not got the leaflet to hand). Might be Messiaen. I may nip along to the Stockhausen thing, although I still don't actively enjoy Stockhausen.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 09.11.2008, 02:40 PM   #25
Glice
invito al cielo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00d9z0b/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00d9z0g/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00d9z0j/

Yep, the above is the Messiaen. If you've not got much time, it's the third act that's the winner.

Quote:
Old 09.11.2008, 02:41 PM   #26
Glice
invito al cielo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00db6bd/

Xenakis.

Quote:
Old 09.14.2008, 08:27 AM   #27
Glice
invito al cielo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dbj7l/

Second-to-last night - Wagner, Penderecki and Beethoven. The second part is Beethoven 9 played at a fair pace, unusually.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth