Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page mark e smith slags off sonic youth (again)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.24.2007, 08:29 AM   #101
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, the girlfriend that mark beat was pretty damn hot too. Julia Nagle!

Brix vs elena.. hmm.. elena's probably more beautiful, but brix looks more interesting and can play guitar... brix wins.

I have to say: Real New Fall was AMAZING, but ... man ... Paulybee sent me Fall Heads Roll.. Uhhhhhh.. am I missing something? It's really bad. Probably the only Fall album I don't AT LEAST *really like*. Maybe will have to listen to it more.

Dragnet is slowly starting to move up in my top 10 list, by the way..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2007, 08:34 AM   #102
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Also, I wonder if mark ever fucks elena and goes "Does-uh this-uh feel-uh GOOD-uh? KILL IT KILL IT."

Just wondering.

Also, something probably worthy of another thread.. I've noticed something.. chicks who play instruments.. specifically horn instruments.. are really good in bed. No kidding. I speak from experience. Just sayin'.

Old 11.24.2007, 08:50 AM   #103
GravitySlips
children of satan

GravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Dragnet is slowly starting to move up in my top 10 list, by the way..

Dragnet is one of my favs, mainly because of A FIGURE WALKS...christ I love that song.

I'm with Paulybee though, Fall Heads Roll is amazing!
GravitySlips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2007, 08:52 AM   #104
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Damn, will have to give it a re-listen.

It's funny though, I had no idea that one song was on a tv commercial, but I remembered seeing the commercial a few times and I was like "what the fuck is that mark e smith?".. though the vocals only come on for about half a second... but now i know: yes, it is that song. Odd. How did that happen?!

Old 11.24.2007, 08:59 AM   #105
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Before The Moon Falls

ShhhhWe are private detectives back from a musical pilgrimageWe work under the name of the Fall.Who would suspect this?It is too obvious.Our offices secluded.Those there to suspectWould not see the wood for the treesWe were six like dice but we're back to fiveUp here in the North there are no wage packet jobs for usThank ChristWhile young married couples discuss the povertiesOf their self-built trapsAnd the junior clergy demand more cashWe spit in their plate and wait for the ice to meltI must create a new regimeOr live by another man'sBefore the moon fallsI must create a new schemeAnd get out of others' handsBefore the moon fallsI could use some pure criminalsAnd get my hands on some royaltiesBefore the moon fallsA problem of this new schemeIs answering obscene phone callsBefore the moon fallsGotta stop kidding aroundKill this ugly ducklingWe've got the powerShit music, short and full of thoughtI use the powerAnd will forever end this reign of terrorBefore the moon fallsBefore the tide subsidesBefore The Fall swoons

Old 11.24.2007, 10:36 AM   #106
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
touch sensitive was on a vauxhall/opel corsa car ad a few years ago. the first mark knew about it was when he saw it at half time on itv watching a champions league football game.....

adam, fall heads roll deserves more attention.. what about us?, pacyfing joint, youwanner and the absolutely brilliant blindness... some of his best songs ever...

granted the first track is terrible and as mark put it himself "about 4 minutes too long". i think its much stronger than country on theclick....... ahh opinions make the world seem an arguable place...

man this is a long thread!
Old 11.24.2007, 11:19 AM   #107
Gifco
empty page

Gifco has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
The Peel version of Blindness pisses all over the Fall Heads Roll one!

And check out the fourth link down on my post above, Blindness played at the final ever gig at the Hammersmith Palais, MES vocals are barely audible but it's a great performance all-round! I was there that night, but too pissed to remember anything (including how I got home).
Gifco is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2007, 01:19 PM   #108
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I love the ideas behind Dragnet, the whole Ghosts infecting the Victorian housing at night scenario.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2007, 04:37 PM   #109
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlycommercial
He wasn't always old...

Not exactly pretty, but he had something. Master of the pout too...

he still looks like ass. i bet he was an ugly baby too. a face not even a mother could love.

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2007, 07:58 AM   #110
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

more elisa or brix pls?

Old 11.25.2007, 11:11 AM   #111
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
it's all been downhill since marc riley left
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2007, 11:51 AM   #112
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

why do the fall have so many songs about psychics and priests?

Old 11.25.2007, 01:19 PM   #113
Gifco
empty page

Gifco has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
it's all been downhill since marc riley left

For Marc Riley. I agree.
Gifco is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2007, 01:22 PM   #114
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
I love the ideas behind Dragnet, the whole Ghosts infecting the Victorian housing at night scenario.
Me too, Sir. More of the ghosts later. I am a bit worn out.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2007, 03:33 PM   #115
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Sex Pistols or P.I.L
I'm pretty sure Mister Lydon is a fairly nice dude, if just a tad friggin' hilarious.
Of course, I've never met him, but it seems like he is more just a jokester in a somewhat aggressive way, but still a really nice dude. I just read an interview last nigh,t as a matter of fact, and that's exactly the way he came across. I'd definitely have him over for dinner!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2008, 08:47 AM   #116
sarramkrop

Do you want to know what Brix Smith is up to these days?

Here:
where to shop

more images
Start London

(Fashion & Jewellery) 1*
42, 44 Rivington Street
London EC2A 3QQ
0207 729 3334
info@start-london.com
www.start-london.com

Tube Old Street, Liverpool Street

Start, the designer fashion store based in London is a must for any fashion conscious shopper on the search for hidden gems albeit online or offline. Conceived by Philip Start (founder of Woodhouse) and his rock star wife Brix Smith-Start (guitarist from The Fall), their combined vision has created the most exclusive designer clothing shop, where hand-picked and one-off clothing & accessories from both fabled designers and up and coming talent can be found.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2008, 08:49 AM   #117
sarramkrop

I need to scan an article off some fashion magazine that has an interview with both of them talking about how much they are obsessed with their business.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2008, 09:17 AM   #118
sarramkrop

http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/2008/02/l...ashion_87.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2008, 10:35 AM   #119
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Lydon Butter Commerial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mSE-Iy_tFY
Old 11.17.2008, 06:40 PM   #120
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Philip Start (founder of Woodhouse) and his rock star wife Brix Smith-Start (guitarist from The Fall).

it's a bit of a stretch to categorise brix smith as a rockstar
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth