Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Siwa records unearths some extra Japanese psych LPs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.27.2006, 12:09 AM   #1
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Got this email, thought a few of you might like to know about it if you don't already:

In an effort to make room for incoming Siwa product I dug out the remaining copies of the LSD-March and Miminokoto LPs and printed up covers for them. A small over-run on the Miminokoto vinyl pressing is now available in an edition of 50 or so. Most of these come in chipboard jackets but there is also a tiny number of black jacket copies. Roughly 200 copies of the LSD-March LP are now available in heavy black jackets which probably qualifies it as the first (and likely last) Siwa second edition.

Also of note is the CD reissue on VHF of the first Makoto Kawabata Inui LP (originally released as Siwa#7 in 2000). The covers for this were printed by yours truly. Visit http://www.vhfrecords.com where you can find it and a plethora of other worthy titles dirt cheap.

More soon,

Alan

The Miminokto LP is pretty great, as is that first Kawabata album. LSD March are great too. I love Siwa.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2006, 04:33 AM   #3
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
The market seems to be a bit flooded with Jap Psych (especially AMT and related) these days, and I haven't a clue what to get and what to ignore. I love High Rise and Mainliner, but every time I look at a website and think about getting other stuff I end up giving up because there's so much out there. I want to give Musica Transonic a try, but don't know where to begin. Any recommendations?

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2006, 08:43 AM   #4
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
the musica transonic record that i have is probably the Asahito Nanjo record i have that I like the least, it's called Hard Rock Transonic.
Ohkami No Jikan are fantastic feature more or less the same musicians as high rise, musica transonic & mainliner, although they're more similiar to fushitsusha only less darkness more euphoria, look here:
http://www.fractal-records.com/04catalogue/catal_1.htm
Also Nanjo put out a record last year entitled Greed, which is rather appropriate if his reputation is anything to go by. It's a fantastic record though and limited to 250 copies so I'd recommend finding it before you can't.

Aural Fit, Doodles & Up-Tight are newer Jap-Psych bands who are great.
Other jap stuff i've been into recently and would recommend checking out, but isn't strictly psych rock, but is still out there is:
Yamashirube
Kuwayama-Kijima

Che-Shizu are an older Jap band that are psych pop, more than rock, but they're fantastic nonetheless.

And of course there's Fushitsusha. Untitled PSF 3/4, Untitled PSF 15/16 & Pathetique are easy to track down must haves, and all equally good starting points.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth