Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page wata from boris is hot
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.16.2009, 11:58 AM   #61
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
I saw them twice in 2008, both times it was amazing.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2011, 11:51 PM   #62
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
after not releasing anything for 3 years, boris just put out klatter (with merzbow), a new album called NEW ALBUM, and they have two MORE new albums coming out in a few weeks: heavy rocks (same title as a previous boris album but this one is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT) and attention please. weird.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2011, 11:54 PM   #63
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
never forget

Originally Posted by swa(y)
boris sux.

Old 04.29.2011, 09:11 AM   #64
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Has anyone heard New Album yet?
Definitely the most absurd thing of 2011 in music.
It's j-pop meets house music.
Seriously.
Old 04.29.2011, 09:23 AM   #65
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

haha boris just keeps geting weirder and weirder so it wouldn't surprise me

Old 04.29.2011, 09:37 AM   #66
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
You need to hear it. I'm not sure if it's good yet, but it's definitely great.
Old 04.29.2011, 09:40 AM   #67
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I've had that album for weeks.

It's good.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2011, 09:46 AM   #68
pad_023
the destroyed room

pad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm seeing them in June, can't wait. I saw them play feedbacker in full at ATP last year, It was pretty incredible.
pad_023 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2011, 10:21 AM   #69
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

Still waiting for Heavy Rocks 2011 and Attention Please to pop up somewhere...
Old 04.29.2011, 11:02 AM   #70
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
uhh,,,yah shes hot.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2011, 11:03 AM   #71
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
new album out? fuck. if only my copmuter wasn't down.
Old 04.29.2011, 11:47 PM   #72
BakaGaijin
little trouble girl

BakaGaijin kicks all y'all's assesBakaGaijin kicks all y'all's assesBakaGaijin kicks all y'all's assesBakaGaijin kicks all y'all's assesBakaGaijin kicks all y'all's assesBakaGaijin kicks all y'all's assesBakaGaijin kicks all y'all's assesBakaGaijin kicks all y'all's assesBakaGaijin kicks all y'all's assesBakaGaijin kicks all y'all's assesBakaGaijin kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
Has anyone heard New Album yet?
Definitely the most absurd thing of 2011 in music.
It's j-pop meets house music.
Seriously.

Can't say I like it...
BakaGaijin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2011, 03:58 PM   #73
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaGaijin
Can't say I like it...

yeah....neither can I . Pardon and Spoon and ok tracks. But the rest...is just....really.....weird. Dancy n shit. Not my style.
Old 05.10.2011, 05:47 PM   #74
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
I don't care for the samples I've heard. I've been buying Boris records since they were on Bovine and over the past few years they have really started to lose my interest. I thought Rainbow was fantastic and since then it's been totally downhill, I thought Altar was fucking terrible, Smile was a total piece of shit and I was really bored by those Japanese Heavy Rock Hits singles and I didn't even bother checking out the record with the guy from The Cult....... I think it's come time to admit my relationship with Boris has waned.........

Heavy Rocks/Akuma No Uta/Flood/Amplifier Worship are fucking great though.........
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2011, 04:36 PM   #75
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
I'm impressed that the same band that put out Vein put out New Album.. but at the same time. I can't really listen to new album. Every track I hear sounded like a cheesy anime theme song.. Still love them though
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2011, 04:46 PM   #76
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I don't see why people dislike New Album. Then again I like a lot of silly jpop music.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2011, 04:51 PM   #77
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrystumbaugh
she's pretty awesome, but the real star of that band is the drummer. Don't believe me? Go see em sometime.

He is a total ham onstage. The thing I like least about seeing them. Still love them though. And I thought Altar was fucking great, with the exception of that track Jesse Sykes sings on, which was super-weak.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2011, 12:29 AM   #78
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Whaaaa? Savage? You don't like the drummer? I caught 'em once and the drummer was hilarious! Well i dont' think he meant to be...but his mannerisms were priceless. Not to mention he also stage dove....I had a great time.
Old 06.24.2011, 12:41 AM   #79
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
sold all my boris records a few months ago. our relationship wasn't meant to last.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth