Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Oasis
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.09.2007, 07:57 AM   #21
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Oasis were a once exciting band that should've split up after their second album. Which is one more than the Jesus and Mary Chain. so there.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 12:18 AM   #22
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
oasis are one of my guilty pleasures. i don't really listen to them but i have a bunch of thier cds (some i never even listened to). i enjoy some of their stuff though. it just depends on my mood.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 12:27 AM   #23
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
fookin oasis and were gonna take ova the fookin world!

noel gallagher amuses the hell out of me

and i do love "champagne supernova"

that's about it
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 01:34 AM   #24
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I really dislike Oasis, but I still enjoy some of their songs; Live Forever and Don't Look Back In Anger. Noel can be pretty amusing, but Liam is just annoying.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 04:11 AM   #25
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
do people still get upset by Oasis?
wow
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 09:56 AM   #26
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
I liked them as a kid.......

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 10:13 AM   #27
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
they're crap
and wankers
and i don't give a flying fuck about the cunts
don't even know why i bothered losing twenty seconds of my precious time with this reply

ignore it
Old 05.20.2008, 11:14 AM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt74m
Why are there still people in this world that think they are good? Has there ever been such a succesfull bunch of talentless tossers?

yeah, just about every top 40 band on the radio for the past ten years solid. but I agree, Oasis sucks so bad it hurts my feelings that they were so successful as an artist band, they were like a mellow version of greenday [ie, faker then fake]

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 12:03 PM   #29
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think the problem with Oasis wasn't that they were faker than fake, it was more that they're entirely earnest about what they're doing, utterly convinced that what they were doing was entirely right. The abject lack of imagination and the coke-fuelled period of artlessness was why we hate them now. This is, of course, a British perspective. Manchester has millions of cunts like the Gallaghers. In fact, they're practically moderate, bean-curd eating hippies from Ealing by comparison to some proper Manc lads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 12:20 PM   #30
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
but Oasis was suppos3ed to be the second coming of songwriting genius like the beatles!

ha ha ha!!!!!!
Old 05.20.2008, 12:36 PM   #31
koolthing78
bad moon rising

koolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asses
It's interesting that of the people who acknowledge liking a few Oasis songs, "Champagne Supernova" is almost always mentioned as being one of them. For me, that was the song that sealed the deal as far as hating them. "Don't Look Back in Anger"--while being rather derivative--was not bad for me at a time I was still forming my musical tastes. But every time Champagne "Supernover" (god, that annoyed me) came on the radio, I knew it was going to be, like, 6 minutes until something else would come on. I just didn't feel like it was interesting or good enough to warrant going on for as long as it did. But to each his own.
Either I don't understand the point of "repping," or I do and it really is pointless. Fortunately I'm colorblind, so it wouldn't make sense to concern myself with being concerned about it in the first place.

www.myspace.com/koolthing78
koolthing78 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 12:54 PM   #32
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
can't stand oasis. they say theyre so influenced by the beatles, but then why does every oasis song sound the same? at least the beatles grew and developed as a band as they went on. Oasis just keep making the same boring shit.
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 12:59 PM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Oasis never looked like they were having a good time.
why would I want to listen to aband that obviously is not enjoying themselves at all?\
Old 05.20.2008, 01:13 PM   #34
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Champagne Supernova, Rock n' Roll star. Great tunes.

I'll give you Rock 'n Roll Star, but Champagne Supernova makes me physically ill.

Along with Suede, they're a band that condensed absolutely everything they had to give into the first song of their first album, creating one fantastic moment followed by a career of turgid shit.
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 01:50 PM   #35
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Supersonic was a genius debut single and one that I still listen to now. I remember taping them when they appeared on The Word and breaking the tab on the cassette. Once they replaced the curly haired drummer though, things started going rapidly down hill. You sensed an element of professionalism creeping into their once shambolic freshness. And once Bonehead went, well they'd just turned into an industry by then. But they're seemingly fire proof. You know that in the event of a nuclear strike, they'll still have an album out the following October, and it'll still sound exactly the same as Heathern Chemistry, only more so.
Old 05.20.2008, 01:54 PM   #36
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolthing78
It's interesting that of the people who acknowledge liking a few Oasis songs, "Champagne Supernova" is almost always mentioned as being one of them. For me, that was the song that sealed the deal as far as hating them. "Don't Look Back in Anger"--while being rather derivative--was not bad for me at a time I was still forming my musical tastes. But every time Champagne "Supernover" (god, that annoyed me) came on the radio, I knew it was going to be, like, 6 minutes until something else would come on. I just didn't feel like it was interesting or good enough to warrant going on for as long as it did. But to each his own.

Yeah, Champagne Supernova is a long yawn. Why all the sudden discussion about Oasis, anyway?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 01:57 PM   #37
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Champagne Supernova is a quality tune. It's one of the few post E Rock n Roll records that actually makes me feel like I've just dropped one - albeit a shit smacky one, bought off some dodgy ragga in Tottenham.
Old 05.20.2008, 02:01 PM   #38
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
I think I'll put some Oasis.
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth