Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Rave About Something That Makes You Happy
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.13.2019, 08:06 AM   #141
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
zuzana caputova seems a breath of fresh air! best wishes to her

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...957_story.html
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2019, 09:52 AM   #142
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
majority women legislature in colorado. and they appear very reasonable! unlike the menzes ha ha ha.

And a male legislator, thinking he was being helpful, suggested several times that she let him do the negotiating with the oil industry over recent legislation giving local governments more say over where drilling takes place, and prioritizing health and safety concerns.

“Being a white guy,” she recalls him telling her, “it may just be easier for them to work with me, because we have that in common and so we might just relate better.”

“No,” the speaker responded, “I’m doing just fine.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...693_story.html
Old 04.14.2019, 12:51 PM   #143
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Christoph? We'd met many times before, he's a nice guy. He lives in Vienna too?

Yup. He's been living in Vienna for many years now. I usually see him when he's performing with Primordial Undermind somewhere in town. So, yeah, let me know when you're in Vienna. Maybe send me a PM. And I'll try to get in touch with Christoph.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2019, 04:07 PM   #144
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
Spring is finally here, or so it seems, and I cleaned out my place, threw a lot of shit away, made myself a time table so my day is filled with PRODUCTIVE tasks, have cancelled the internet data on my phone, and decided to only allow myself 30 minutes max on the internet a day (more if I need to send lengthy emails, have to do research, decide to treat myself and stream a film [which never happens, cause i hate watching films]), and it's so so good!!

pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2019, 01:09 PM   #145
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
sooo how did the party go? architecture sounds awesome
It was alright in the end. At first I was a bit bummed because less people showed up than I was anticipating. That's always a completely arbitrary and unpredictable factor, unfortunately. Had venues filled to the brim without anticipating it beforehand and I've experienced the opposite as well. But around 1 AM the mood changed for the better. People were dancing, the atmosphere was nice and a few more folks showed up. Most of all, a good amount of them stayed until very late. And I was able to collect a good amount of cash for the art space I used to host my parties at (Turns out, they've been way bigger dire straits than I initially thought or rather than they had initially communicated - so I decided to pass around a donation box). People were ready to give, which shows that people still give a fuck about places of art. That was great to see. I actually took a few snapshots and have some video footage of that evening. Might upload them one day.

Old 04.17.2019, 01:25 PM   #146
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
It was alright in the end. At first I was a bit bummed because less people showed up than I was anticipating. That's always a completely arbitrary and unpredictable factor, unfortunately. Had venues filled to the brim without anticipating it beforehand and I've experienced the opposite as well. But around 1 AM the mood changed for the better. People were dancing, the atmosphere was nice and a few more folks showed up. Most of all, a good amount of them stayed until very late. And I was able to collect a good amount of cash for the art space I used to host my parties at (Turns out, they've been way bigger dire straits than I initially thought or rather than they had initially communicated - so I decided to pass around a donation box). People were ready to give, which shows that people still give a fuck about places of art. That was great to see. I actually took a few snapshots and have some video footage of that evening. Might upload them one day.

oh you're giving money to the people who fired you? wow you're waaaaay nicer and more forgiving than i am. i guess i don't understand the whole story of why they said no more to you.

and glad your party ended well!

as for snapshots, just very curious about the 600 year old ceiling... like you i am often mesmerized by architecture
Old 04.17.2019, 01:58 PM   #147
Antagon
invito al cielo

Quote:
oh you're giving money to the people who fired you? wow you're waaaaay nicer and more forgiving than i am. i guess i don't understand the whole story of why they said no more to you.

and glad your party ended well!

as for snapshots, just very curious about the 600 year old ceiling... like you i am often mesmerized by architecture

They didn't exactly fire me. It's more like a communal place where I could host my events at. In turn, I made sure that there were enough beverages to accomodate the guests. And more often than not I also took over the bar duty with a bud of mine when it was not my turn to spin. Still go there every now and then. I also got the chance to exhibit some of my works there time and time again. I think they overdid it with the parties in general. Earlier this year, my event wasn't the only party to be held there. In fact, some people complained that any old gathering would frequently bleed into loud, hedonistic nights. That's a problem for an art space that is situated in the basement of a residential building. Neighbors complaining and shit.

Plus, as I found out now, their electrical bill (and rent I suppose) had been in arrears for quite some time. Then there's a lot of in-fighting and quarrel over the use of the space. The two main people have quite different views. One of them is arguing for a more structural approach, the other one wants a completely free space, granted with unspoken do's and dont's but without the dogma of imposed rules - in a sense orderly anarchy if that makes any sense. And there's a lot of tension.

Plus, there have been problems with the fact that new people went in and out of that place on a regular basis (things getting stolen; questionable people showing up and antagonising patrons, things getting broken and no one admitting to it, etc...) which were not necessarily related to my events, but made them less eager to have an "open house" on such a frequent basis anymore. So they started saying no to pretty much any new proposal of a bigger party and finally said no to mine as well. At first I felt a bit sad, but after some time I saw that it might for the best to continue elsewhere. They had and in some way still have to worry about a lot of things and had to get their shit together first (saying that with love). And like one of the main guys told me: "We don't even know, if we still have electricity in April, so you're probably better off looking for another place.". Thankfully, the worst case scenario was averted and they seem to be on a better road now.

Also: The time that has passed since they initially told me actually made me come to the conclusion that it was time to look for another place anyway. I love the place, but the preparations during the last few events were exhausting and standing at the bar if you're DJing and managing the whole evening is not something I'd like to repeat. I'd rather go there to draw or to visit one the exhibitions/and or performances than be involved as a host these days. Wow, that was a lot now. It's a complicated story though, so there's that

Old 04.17.2019, 02:17 PM   #148
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oooooooooooooooooooh i understand now... i had totally mischaracterized your departure.

and hey, i happen to love loud hedonistic nights haaa haaa haaa. but if the neighbors complain, it's gonna be a problem. yeah...

i appreciate you taking the time to clarify.

it's strange how everything changes, eh? it's the only constant.
Old 04.17.2019, 02:20 PM   #149
Antagon
invito al cielo

Quote:

Not sure if the bricks themselves are that old as well. I have a hunch there might have been a few renovations, But the structure certainly is.

This is from their homepage

And this is from way back when I performed there with my band (alas, it was a short adventure)

Old 04.17.2019, 02:28 PM   #150
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

nice.... thanks again! must spread more spread...
Old 04.19.2019, 04:13 AM   #151
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
My wife and I got married on a Good Friday 21 years ago (our anniversary was last week).

I posting this from work and less than an hour from now, I start my three day+ weekend at 5am. Hope to sleep until noon or so, then up to continue work in my yard. Getting everything ready for a Family Easter Blowout tomorrow.

Three 100 bags of crawfish
Several pounds of shrimp
Pepper jack boudain balls
Zumo party time links
......who knows what else?

We are expecting 60 friends & family......blessed to be hosting this for the second time in our new home. Making memories that will last a lifetime!

I hope many of you are blessed to spend time with family this weekend!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2019, 12:18 PM   #152
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Damn Peltor...I’m jealous of all that food.

Congrats on 21 years though...hope you have a good time!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2019, 01:21 PM   #153
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
My wife and I got married on a Good Friday 21 years ago (our anniversary was last week).

I posting this from work and less than an hour from now, I start my three day+ weekend at 5am. Hope to sleep until noon or so, then up to continue work in my yard. Getting everything ready for a Family Easter Blowout tomorrow.

Three 100 bags of crawfish
Several pounds of shrimp
Pepper jack boudain balls
Zumo party time links
......who knows what else?

We are expecting 60 friends & family......blessed to be hosting this for the second time in our new home. Making memories that will last a lifetime!

I hope many of you are blessed to spend time with family this weekend!

My liberal ass must have missed the invitation

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2019, 03:22 PM   #154
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
One of my online friends had a really nice chat with me yesterday, and it was just fun to talk for several hours. She sent me a selfie (she's so cute) and we're considering trading mix-CDs back and forth.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2019, 08:04 PM   #155
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
I can ditch school at lunchtime today because I don't have classes in the last few periods. Year 11 English students are seeing a portion of Macbeth being performed, but because I do English Language I don't need it for class.
Old 04.28.2019, 11:49 AM   #156
Antagon
invito al cielo

Currently sifting through ads on AirBnb for a place to stay in NYC. Things are getting serious now. Already wrote two hosts and I'm currently eyeing places in the East Village and Williamsburg. I'd prefer the former as I don't intend to use the subway a lot, I'm a passionate walker. But both options seem pretty nifty. If all else fails I'm sure I'll get a place at the Bowery House, but that's merely a fall-back option. Intending to go during the first week of September by the way. Pretty amped right now.

Also: I might see the Sun Ra Arkestra (sans Sun Ra obviously) in less than two hours, depending on whether they still have tickets at the venue.

Old 04.28.2019, 02:13 PM   #157
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Good stuff man.

I’m fucking stoked I’m headed to Japan tomorrow. Melt Banana is performing Tuesday and Jun Togawa will be performing on Saturday. Like what the fuck.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2019, 05:22 PM   #158
Antagon
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Good stuff man.

I’m fucking stoked I’m headed to Japan tomorrow. Melt Banana is performing Tuesday and Jun Togawa will be performing on Saturday. Like what the fuck.

That's awesome. Wish you all the best. And bring back some great stories

Old 04.28.2019, 05:41 PM   #159
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ah, you lucky guys!

nyc: labor day this year is september 2, so you’ll catch the city in full swing and returning to work (last big weekend of the summer). which should be great.

or if you arrive for labor day there are events & stuff.
Old 04.28.2019, 06:04 PM   #160
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Got an A on my Specialist Maths test from last term.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth