Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page To Live and Shave in L.A. tour dates
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.15.2007, 12:08 AM   #1
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
for any and all who have been sucked into the glorious whirlwind of this
collective, ringleader tom smith posted this on the band's myspace:

TLASILA: Noon and Eternity Tour

"Here's the tentative schedule:

Apr 27 Nashville, TN
Apr 28 Kansas City, MO
Apr 29 Denver, CO
Apr 30 (drive day)
May 1 Seattle, WA
May 2 Portland, OR
May 3 Oakland, CA
May 4 San Francisco, CA
May 5 Los Angeles, CA
May 6 (second LA show)
May 7 (drive day)
May 8 Minneapolis, MN
May 9 Evanston, IL - WNUR-FM Session (aft.) (just added)
May 9 Chicago, IL (evening)
May 10 Detroit, MI
May 11 Baltimore, MD
May 12 Washington, DC
May 13 Chapel Hill, NC

Dates may change, but the above represents the likely trajectory of our demolition doomride. Note that since first posting the itinerary we've flipped the Oakland/SF shows and made provisions for a second LA gig...

The group: Rat Bastard, Ben Wolcott (CA dates only), Mark Morgan, Chris Grier, Graham Moore, and your ever-disloyal chauffeur, TS.

Hope to see you there!"

great news after an earlier planned jaunt had to be scrapped due to
scheduling conundrums. a bit disappointing that don fleming won't be
able to make it, but only a bit, since i got to see the mighty collective
at Noise Against Fascism in '05 at the black cat in DC, which for
whatever reason is sucking for gigs lately by their standards. (deerhoof
in february, though).
jennthebenn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2007, 01:21 AM   #2
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
'To Live and Shave in LA' should be their actual band name.
Old 01.16.2007, 01:20 AM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
at the black cat in DC, which for
whatever reason is sucking for gigs lately by their standards.
Yeah, what the fuck? I haven't seen a show in like a year.
Old 02.12.2007, 03:25 PM   #4
chris grier
empty page

chris grier is a name known to allchris grier is a name known to allchris grier is a name known to allchris grier is a name known to allchris grier is a name known to allchris grier is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Yeah, what the fuck? I haven't seen a show in like a year.

Howdy folks.

Here's the deal: We in TLASILA live all over the freakin' place. Tom's in Adel, Ga., (Don F's hometown, too); Don, T-Bone, Andrew, and Mark are all up North, Graham's in Georgia about three hrs from Tom, I'm in D.C., Ben's in L.A., and Rat's in Florida.

Getting us all in the same town to write stuff, rehearse, et cet., is an undertaking all on its own. And getting all of us, or even most us, to clear our schedules -- when all of us have pretty intense day jobs and other projects -- and embark on a weeks-long jaunt in a van is well-nigh miraculous, when it happens.

Then, on top of that, we're playing stuff that's pretty out-there. The big corporate wankpits aren't exactly throwing cash at us, and Tom consumes several gallons per day of kefir, kimchi, and kombucha. That funky-ass organic shit adds up quick. Rat's beer requirements alone would drain most third world treasuries, and gas, as we well know, is a kajillion dollars a gallon.

Rest assured, we're working on a way to tour incessantly. If we have our way, you will soon be sick of us, and you will long for the days when we only assaulted you once a year or so.

[[[Also, any of you freaks in D.C.: there will be a mini-TLASILA hoedown at the Warehouse Next Door tomorrow nite. TLASILA stun-guitarist Mark Morgan is bringing the legendary Sightings through town, and Demons (Wolf Eyes' Nate Young, along w/ Steve Kenney) are on the bill, too. I'll be playing as Ultimate Vag.]]]

love,
chris
chris grier is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 09:17 AM   #5
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
chris man, bring that shit over the water to ireland!!!!!
ive bugged u on myspace enough so now i can start here!!!!!
Old 05.20.2007, 02:48 PM   #6
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
http://toliveandshaveinla.blogspot.com/

here's Tom's show to show write up of the tour, and he's been adding pics this weekend

Tom posted some of my pics from the DC show starting with the 8th one down

and Chris if you stop by, who were the opening band again in DC, my mind completely slipped on their name and i feel stupid about it

here are a few exclusive shots that Tom didn't post, enjoy

pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth