Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page anyone have TMNT: Coming Out Of Their Shells mp3's?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.06.2010, 01:54 PM   #21
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I always hated Raphael because his weapons never had any reach in the video games. Michaelangelo, and Donatello have always been my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
I don't even really look at the whole thing as some really botched braindead attempt at exploring and milking every single possible outlet of the franchise to creative death. I just kind of like seeing how absolutely overblown they took the stereotyped characters that the turtles became. In the cartoon, they already had a bad enough stoner surfer vibe. But in this thing, they just take it so much farther beyond ridiculousness. It's just a massive exercise in 'ok, what's the absolute farthest that we can take this cowabunga pizza thing?' and they take it pretty far, DUUUUUUUUUUUH!

Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Ra416Ye2M
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2010, 01:58 PM   #22
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
videogame wise Ralph is always the worst. In most games Leo and Mike are the best, and Don is the strongest/slowest.

BTW, I've been working on a feature for my blog that includes the history of TMNT games on GB, GBA and Gamecube.
Old 08.06.2010, 02:33 PM   #23
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I played the first GC TMNT....it stunk.
Old 08.06.2010, 02:36 PM   #24
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I played the first GC TMNT....it stunk.

it's so-so. I like the 2nd GCN one the best (probably). The 2nd one, Battle Nexus has The Arcade Game as an unlockable. The 3rd, has Turtles In Time as an unlockable. Anyway, I'll get into all that in the blogpost which should be pretty massive.
Old 08.06.2010, 03:27 PM   #25
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I always hated Raphael because his weapons never had any reach in the video games. Michaelangelo, and Donatello have always been my favorites.

Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Ra416Ye2M

Haha sure don't, never did see Encino Man. I like that part where the turtles are walking up the steps with April though.

I did however just watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgaZ1...eature=related

It was pretty great.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2010, 04:04 PM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
It'S BEEN 10 YEARS SINCE RATED R CAME OUT?!

Fucking insane.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2010, 09:45 PM   #27
pop punk will eat itself
bad moon rising

pop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's assespop punk will eat itself kicks all y'all's asses
I bought this album on cassette at a Pizza Hut when I was 6 years old. "Cowabunga" is the shit and I still listen to this tape occasionally just for this track -- I love the synths that come in right before the chorus.
Old 08.07.2010, 01:36 AM   #28
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

BTW, I've been working on a feature for my blog that includes the history of TMNT games on GB, GBA and Gamecube.

Sweeeeeeet.

The first Turtles movie is one of my favorite movies ever. It's crazy how dark it is for a kid's movie. The fighting sequences are top notch, the story kicks ass, the Turtles look REALLY good for the time period/budget.... Just an awesome movie.

And who can deny the magic that is TMNT: Turtles in Time for the SNES? Not to mention TMNT: Tournament Fighters is one of my favorite fighting games ever (In reference to the SNES version as well).

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2010, 02:04 AM   #29
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

^ Definitely! Both TMNT, and Secret of the Ooze are bonafide classics! TMNT was one of the first movies I ever owned, along with Batman Forever. I still own all 3 VHS tapes to this day.

My cousin and I always used to play his copy of Turtles In Time back in the day. He was always Leo, and I was always Mikey, definitely one of the best beat 'em ups on the SNES... only second, in my eyes, to Maximum Carnage.

I used to own a copy of Tournamnet Fighters, but I sold it. I never really liked it all that much... Wing Nut is really fun to play as though.

The coolest TMNT related item I ever owned (aside from my countless action figures) was a Raphael raincoat, complete with a hood that bent over your eyes (with simulated red sash), and a turtle shell on the back. I always felt like the coolest kid in the world when I wore that.
Old 08.07.2010, 06:05 AM   #30
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I have had everything. All movies, all comics, all toys up to a point. Costumes, posters, video games, coloring books, Technodrome, etc.

Old 08.07.2010, 06:49 AM   #31
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The coolest TMNT related item I ever owned (aside from my countless action figures) was a Raphael raincoat, complete with a hood that bent over your eyes (with simulated red sash), and a turtle shell on the back. I always felt like the coolest kid in the world when I wore that.

We might just have determined the coolest person in the history of these forums.

~Jeremy~

Old 08.07.2010, 03:55 PM   #32
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Seriously, that's amazing.

Coolest thing I have is uh, second printing of the second issue.

I know everyone's favorite Turtle game is Turtles in Time, but honestly, Manhattan Project is my favorite. That game's got a great vibe.

My main area of Turtles collecting is the comic books. Though I have those original toys of the four turtles still in their boxes. I'm probably going to sell all of my Marvel comics so I can get some more Turtles comics.

Old 08.07.2010, 07:47 PM   #33
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Jus picked up Turtles In Time for $5 at a flea market. It's just as perfect of a gaming experience, as I remember it being. You can tell Konami put a lot of work into every last detail with this one.

I'd love to get my hands on some Turtles comics!
Old 08.11.2010, 10:31 PM   #34
Jeremy
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
I know everyone's favorite Turtle game is Turtles in Time, but honestly, Manhattan Project is my favorite. That game's got a great vibe.

I only played Manhattan Project once or twice a long time ago, and it was a really fucked up copy. I really want to play it again, though.

~Jeremy~

Old 08.12.2010, 07:14 AM   #35
noisereductions
invito al cielo

my favorite is probably The Arcade Game.
Old 08.17.2010, 08:57 PM   #36
Kylerobert
bad moon rising

Kylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's asses
I feel like I used to own a TMNT Rap cassette... Was there ever an album/cassette that was exclusively all rap songs? Or am I making this up haha?
Kylerobert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2010, 09:09 PM   #37
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylerobert
I feel like I used to own a TMNT Rap cassette... Was there ever an album/cassette that was exclusively all rap songs? Or am I making this up haha?

yr probably thinking of the first movie sndtrk.
Old 08.17.2010, 09:34 PM   #38
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I have two copies of this.

I've been reading all the TNMT comics lately. I think I'm going to watch the first film tonight for the first time in forever. It's an easy 10/10.

I had EVERY SINGLE TNMT TOY EVER MADE (from the original series, releasing concurrently with the movies and animated series) a few years back. None in the boxes, d'oh, but all of them, all vehicles, etc.. 90% of em in really good condition... some missing accessories.. a few missing arms/legs.. etc... sold all of them -- all of them -- for $1000... hundreds of toys.. you wouldn't believe some of the insane shit... TNMT as cops... TNMT as horror movie monsters... TNMT as samurais... all kinds of ridiculous shit.

Raphael's the best turtle by far

I've got these still

the black and white "comic toys". Love 'em.

My favorite toy I still have is the INVISIBLE AMBUSH Predator..

You had to buy all the other Predator toys and send in all the proofs of purchases and they sent you this. Pretty rare, yet it goes for like $2 online. Just no demand for it I guess. Meanwhile the not-rare-at-all technodrome goes for like $400 in the box. Anyway...
Old 08.17.2010, 09:35 PM   #39
Count Mecha
100%

A year or two ago I made an iron on t-shirt of the bottom right panel from this page in Issue #2.

http://ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/two/22.jpg

I'd just hotlink the picture, but the turtles website usually breaks them. And the link is touchy, you'll probably have to copy and paste it.

Is the first movie really rap oriented? I just remember that Tequila bit where they say Ninjitsu! instead.

Old 08.17.2010, 09:39 PM   #40
Count Mecha
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Raphael's the best turtle by far

I've got these still

the black and white "comic toys". Love 'em.

Both of these are amazing. I'd love to have both. Even if the only difference appears to be one's in color and the other isn't.

The thing that's lame about that predator though is that it's the exact same mold as another predator toy. The finger on the right hand is a dead giveaway. Wish I could find a picture of it. So that sucks, not even unique beyond the see through stealth thing.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth