Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.04.2007, 08:29 PM   #21
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature scene
The Good Shepherd... it was okay although it never had a climax. Kind of like Syriana (in style not content) but with even less action. It's long, but really interesting. I would watch it again to look for some of the things I missed the first time around.

i saw this a week or two ago with my dad and brothers. they were the ones who wanted to see it; i was outvoted. i didn't really enjoy it much because A. it's very slow, takes a long time to get at all interesting and B. completely different than the advertisements make it out to be. we were expecting a spy/thriller type of film. my elder brother said it best, "It's a character study about a character who has no character."

the last movie i watched was Little Miss Sunshine. not bad. the dance sequence was a bit offputting.
Old 01.04.2007, 08:33 PM   #22
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
I rented four movies the other day while waiting for my Netflix to come in the mail. They were:

Don't Come Knocking
The Proposition
Hellraiser
Jacob's Ladder

The only one I hadn't seen before was the first one, which I got mainly for its credentials. Unfortunately, it didn't deliver.

I rented the last two to watch with my brothers. I'm trying to revisit horror-type movies that I haven't seen in a while to see how they've held up. A few months ago, I rented the Exorcist, and was surprised to find that it still makes me want to vomit.

I first saw The Proposition in August, I think, and really liked it then. I wanted to see it again, and the second time around I expected it to be not quite as thrilling as the first time, but I was wrong. I actually started watching it at 6 in the morning today because it was due back at noon and I had other stuff to do between then. I thought that watching a movie that early would just put me back to sleep, but that first scene woke me right up and I wasn't too tired after that. This movie was even better the second time around, although it was great seeing it on the big screen.

I haven't gotten a chance to watch Jacob's Ladder again yet, but I'm in no real hurry since I can keep it until Sunday.

Jacobs Ladder is great but I must disagree on The Exorcist and The Proposition. I thought both were pretty lame for reasons I can't quite put my finger on. Well, The Exorcist was just silly...I think it's dated pretty badly and The Proposition was just...boring. I can't really remember what happened in it.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 08:34 PM   #23
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Actually, i forgot - I watched little miss sunshine after The Good Shepherd. I really liked that movie.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 09:06 PM   #24
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Watching Robin wiliams standip comedit tight now with poeople.
Old 01.04.2007, 09:24 PM   #25
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
Hoodwinked. Dumbest movie ever.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 09:26 PM   #26
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
La Grande Illusion last night, quite excellent

i was in a Luc Besson mood so i bought the Fifth Element, but the disc was defective, i should have gotten Leon The Professional or Le Femme Nikita instead
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 09:36 PM   #27
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Jacobs Ladder is great but I must disagree on The Exorcist and The Proposition. I thought both were pretty lame for reasons I can't quite put my finger on. Well, The Exorcist was just silly...I think it's dated pretty badly and The Proposition was just...boring. I can't really remember what happened in it.

Hellraiser is much sillier than The Exorcist...the Cenobites are great, but I would've liked to see more of them. The main actors are kind of lame. As for the Exorcist, it doesn't strike me as being silly. It's too gruesome, and I'm not referring to the green projectile vomit or the 360-degree head turn. Perhaps those are "silly," although I don't really agree with that word, but I mean in comparison to the other scenes. Those parts didn't do anything for me. It's more like the crawling down the stairs upside-down...goes by quickly, but makes me feel sort of ill nevertheless. And the scenes with Regan at the doctor or whatever, and undergoing tests and stuff, that's a bit repulsive, which is what made the movie good for me. I can't think of a really recent horror movie that has had that same effect on me. Oh, and there are the bits with the face flashing onscreen for just a few frames, which is a great little thing too.

And The Proposition...well, nothing about that movie bored me, what else can I say?

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 10:01 PM   #28
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I first saw The Proposition in August, I think, and really liked it then. I wanted to see it again, and the second time around I expected it to be not quite as thrilling as the first time, but I was wrong. I actually started watching it at 6 in the morning today because it was due back at noon and I had other stuff to do between then. I thought that watching a movie that early would just put me back to sleep, but that first scene woke me right up and I wasn't too tired after that. This movie was even better the second time around, although it was great seeing it on the big screen.

Great film. I saw it when it came out last year. I saw it at an old movie theatre in my town which is from the old days and run by an old couple. So it was greta in that type of atmosphere aswell. I also own it on DVD and it never tires. I also got the soundtrack as a christmas gift which is also great.

Alex's Trip - What did you think of Capote? I liked it.
Old 01.04.2007, 10:16 PM   #29
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
I watched night on earth a few months back, was really cool, funny and interesting and good characters.

Has America got Children Of Men yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikold
i watched "Night on Earth" by Jim Jarmusch, it was really good. 5 seperate stories of cab drivers in different cities around the world. music by tom waits. definitely a precursor to 'coffee and cigarettes' but not nearly as awkward as most of jarmusch's movies. and some of it is really fucking hilarious.

and before that i watched "la dolce vita" because fellini is the man.
Old 01.04.2007, 10:19 PM   #30
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
we get it tomorrow, i'm pretty sure. it looks wonderful.

i watched the end of jules and jim last night.
Old 01.04.2007, 10:24 PM   #31
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Hellraiser is much sillier than The Exorcist...the Cenobites are great, but I would've liked to see more of them.

Watch, if you haven't, Hellrasier 2, as it focuses more on the Cenobites and their world/hell.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 10:32 PM   #32
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
I watched a zombie movie today. Land of the Dead. How come in every movie John Leguizamo is in, he has to speak spanish to himself? For all I know, he did it in the mario brothers movie too.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 10:36 PM   #33
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I am so fucking confused
Old 01.04.2007, 10:37 PM   #34
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
I am so fucking confused
Bravo!

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 11:02 PM   #35
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
Watch, if you haven't, Hellrasier 2, as it focuses more on the Cenobites and their world/hell.

As a general rule I tend to avoid horror movie sequels, unless it's like Evil Dead or some shit. But if you think it's worth watching, I'll pick it up on Discount Wednesday.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 11:03 PM   #36
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
Alex's Trip - What did you think of Capote? I liked it.
I liked it a lot.

I first watched it because of the Oscar nominations. Then I read In Cold Blood. Then a lot of time passed. I read In Cold Blood again, and then re-watched Capote. It was better the second time.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 11:14 PM   #37
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I watched Children of Men. It was okay nothing special. It has its moments and then it is just a really dark view of the future. And The ending just plainly sucked.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 11:30 PM   #38
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i loved COM i thought it was awesome, the long shots were great, the visuals were great.
Old 01.05.2007, 02:58 AM   #39
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
The original '53 & '54 versions of Godzilla/Gojira. I watched both the Japanese original and the U.S. paste up with Raymond Burr inserted to compare them. Not surprisingly, the Japanese version was way better.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2007, 04:05 AM   #40
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
the prestige
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
521025021002 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth