Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Coronavirus
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.13.2020, 08:20 AM   #41
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
5-9 days until symptoms show.

expected that 30-70% of population will be exposed.

70% of cases are very mild, with few symptoms

around 15% are heavy, with bad fevers, etc.

around 15% require hospitalization (that is a shitload of people)

and of those requiring hospitalization, 7% are hyper-critical.

scary
Old 03.13.2020, 08:59 AM   #42
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

100% TRUTH: I don’t know
yes! finally what you needed to say all along and then shut up afterwards
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2020, 09:00 AM   #43
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I wanted to travel home to see my family after more than a month.
They shut down the borders, I needed to stay here in fucking Zürich
goddammit, it’s like a reverse iron curtain

did you ever read “the unbearable lightness of being”? great novel if you haven’t...
Old 03.13.2020, 10:30 AM   #44
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I work at the university. French president Macron said all schools and universities would be closed from next monday till...
A part of the scientists wish to understand that teaching is over for the time being, but that they'll be allowed to work on the projects/research. Which is tricky, as a lot of people working at the lab are... students, trainees...

The lab is 120 people more or less, but by april, we rocket up to 170 most of the time, because scientist hire (when they pay them) trainees. That covers up for the state not spending on replacing retiring colleagues.
Lots of thinking to be done.

We expect to be asked to work from our homes. Which I don't like at all. I'm not against not going to the university (I'm not opposed to staying home doing what I want), what I mean is that I don't want my apartment to be transformed in a part of the university. No work home.
Plus no means to do that.

Selfish consideration: all those cancelled gigs... a good chunk of what I look forward to has gone down the toilet.
Have not seen any rush on toilet paper, this being said, but I don't roam each aisle. All I saw was empty racks of rice and pasta.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2020, 01:01 PM   #45
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
went to a financial office today, it's funny all the ways you can avoid touching things, elbows, notebooks, etc. Plus open doors from the bottom of the handle. Not many people use that. I'm still a bit worried around here. State of Oregon only has been able to test 700 people. Governor has been asking feds for test kits and PPE for weeks, no response from Mike Penice (is this a decimate the blue states concept?). But significantly, we have a TON of foreign students here, many very wealthy Chinese scions of the Shanghai elite, and Saudis as well. Those kids travel all the time, off to Europe for vacation, back to ‎Riyadh‎ or Shanghai to visit the folks, etc. We've had "significant amount" of flu here among that population and a lot of students just were recalled from foreign study in Italy.

I fear Tiny Town is going down, but not without a fight!

ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2020, 02:40 PM   #46
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

the trumpet just declared a national emergency

it just means federal money will flow into the states
Old 03.13.2020, 03:05 PM   #47
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the trumpet just declared a national emergency

it just means federal money will flow into the states

But Bytor/Fox said it was nothing?!

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2020, 03:12 PM   #48
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
he’s a trump university graduate—will fall for any con

e.g., quoting lou fucking dobbs
Old 03.13.2020, 03:43 PM   #49
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2020, 05:29 PM   #50
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses

here is a decent comparison between cases in Italy, and where the US stands today.

it's not long before you see your emergency rooms saturated, and all ICU beds / respirators taken up.

even at the aforementioned mortality rate of 5% (which IMO is skewed lower due to China's preventative measures), the US is looking at 16.5 million dead. to write this off as "only the elderly and infirm" is a criminal act devoid of any compassion. you will ALL know someone who dies.

the mortuaries will be overrun and the bodies stacked like cordwood before Christmas.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2020, 11:10 PM   #51
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
My US$0.02, which in local currency is CLP16.93 (buys you fuckall, but if you export a lotta shit I guess you're happy): we were told this would happen. Part of a Zakaria Global Briefing e-mail from February 28:

Quote:
'Disease X' Is Here

As it turns out, we were warned: The coronavirus hews with surprising fidelity to characteristics listed by a group of health experts in 2018, when they warned the WHO that humanity was vulnerable to a pandemic of a hypothetical "Disease X."

"Disease X, we said back then, would likely result from a virus originating in animals and would emerge somewhere on the planet where economic development drives people and wildlife together," Peter Daszak, a disease ecologist on that team, writes in a New York Times op-ed. "Disease X would probably be confused with other diseases early in the outbreak and would spread quickly and silently; exploiting networks of human travel and trade, it would reach multiple countries and thwart containment. Disease X would have a mortality rate higher than a seasonal flu but would spread as easily as the flu. It would shake financial markets even before it achieved pandemic status."

In other words, it would look just like this virus. As for how to protect ourselves in the future, Daszak writes that prevention efforts need to be sustained between headline-grabbing outbreaks, with efforts directed toward "disease surveillance." In more immediate terms, The Economist warns that the virus is coming, and governments should heed lessons from China: that it's best to communicate actively with the public, to try to slow the disease with quarantines, and to undertake the "painstaking" logistics of figuring out, for instance, how to set aside hospital beds and floors.

So that's the scientific community, which nobody listens to, and The Economist, which Joe Sixpack, Hockey Mom and Donald Trump do not read (Trump does not read anything, as we're well aware of). But there's another source that warned us: EVERY FUCKING ZOMBIE MOVIE. OK, not every one of them, not the George Romero classics, but the zombie subgenre eventually became a litany of bullcrap flicks in which zombie shenanigans start with some kinda virus. And unlike science and neoliberal newspapers, virtually everybody gets hooked on zombie pap! So how did they not see this coming! Incompetent fuckos! Next: Thanos wipes out half of all life in the universe by snapping his fingers while admiring the Leaning Tower of Pisa!

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2020, 12:41 AM   #52
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
But note that you can already have the virus without noticing it. This takes a couple of days. And if you have it, you can already spread by e.g. coughing or sneezing. At least that's what I understood.

100% my understanding as well. I hope I’m able to make the same claim regarding not knowing anyone suffering from coronavirus this time next week. Here in Jefferson County, we have zero confirmed cases, but I understand this could change at any moment!

Quote:

Not once anywhere in this thread did I claim this!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2020, 01:05 AM   #53
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Learn what a metaphor is, chud.

And, to those of you who are trying to argue that challenging the Trump administration's response to COVID-19 is inappropriate:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump (November 8, 2013)
Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible. (link for proof)
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2020, 03:41 AM   #54
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

However, keeping things in perspective regarding daily deaths, currently, coronavirus is mostly media driven hype mixed with the public’s overreaction.

Quote:
Not once anywhere in this thread did I claim this!

You tried to follow fox news' narrative that the whole thing was bullshit and that's it's an overreaction and nothing more.

Old 03.14.2020, 05:11 AM   #55
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You tried to follow fox news' narrative that the whole thing was bullshit and that's it's an overreaction and nothing more.

YES - in America, the daily deaths currently fail in comparison to other daily deaths and this was the perspective I was referring too.....let’s pray it stays this way!

The public’s overreaction was regarding the hoarding to toilet paper and goods. Healthy people wearing mask when health experts are saying that doesn’t help.

Lastly, I was responding to _slavo’s_ question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
How's the situation in the country where you live?

As of this Saturday morning, in America, the coronavirus has mostly been a inconvenience of delays, cancellations and postponements......at least for me and my community. Hopefully I can say the same next week!

The Worst-Case Estimate for U.S. Coronavirus Deaths
Old 03.14.2020, 06:12 AM   #56
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2020, 02:51 PM   #57
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
YES - in America, the daily deaths currently fail in comparison to other daily deaths and this was the perspective I was referring too.....let’s pray it stays this way!

The public’s overreaction was regarding the hoarding to toilet paper and goods. Healthy people wearing mask when health experts are saying that doesn’t help.

Lastly, I was responding to _slavo’s_ question:

As of this Saturday morning, in America, the coronavirus has mostly been a inconvenience of delays, cancellations and postponements......at least for me and my community. Hopefully I can say the same next week!

The Worst-Case Estimate for U.S. Coronavirus Deaths

Uh huh

Old 03.14.2020, 06:11 PM   #58
Bytor Peltor
Banned

How Serious Is Coronavirus?
Old 03.14.2020, 07:30 PM   #59
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Bytor should join Team Whitehouse: He is able to spin his previous comments so well, even Grisham would blush.
Old 03.15.2020, 12:12 AM   #60
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
20 confirmed cases in the smallest state. Higher education closing, displaced international students. All entertainment permits revoked. Wondering if I will have a job next week since I work in the food industry. State offering unemployment and disability to affected persons. Main concern is food supply. Wondering how the internet works. Listening to Psychic TV.
53 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth