Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page A thread where you can write why are you sad
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.21.2023, 01:56 AM   #61
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Slowdive's drummer has suffered a back injury that's stopped them from travelling to Australia at the last minute...they've postponed headline shows in Adelaide, Perth, and Sydney, but cancelled their festival performances in Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane.

I was meant to see them tomorrow...
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2023, 05:53 AM   #62
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
that's a pity.

looks like this forum is broke again ...
let's see if it can be fixed

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2023, 05:54 AM   #63
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
test test test test test

Old 04.21.2023, 05:55 AM   #64
_tunic_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
test test test test test
forum is broke again
I can see this post, but not my previous which was in reply to Claire's which is also invisible

ah there we go, we've got a new page.

Old 04.21.2023, 06:34 AM   #65
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
forum is broke again
I can see this post, but not my previous which was in reply to Claire's which is also invisible

ah there we go, we've got a new page.
furreals?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2023, 04:31 AM   #66
_tunic_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
furreals?

yup
probably because it's an old thread that didn't have a new post for a while

Old 04.28.2023, 10:43 PM   #67
hippietears
little trouble girl

hippietears has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
My new job told me I can't work until after Mother's Day and money is really tight in my household right now and I'm starting college and I have so much trauma to sort out so yeah I have a big pile of shit in front of me!
hippietears is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2023, 05:56 PM   #68
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Small beans compared to some of the issues discussed here, but:

Putting a lot of time, effort and heart into things that ultimately die on the vine. It's been just a bit too much of a pattern as of late.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2023, 07:24 PM   #69
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Small beans compared to some of the issues discussed here, but:

Putting a lot of time, effort and heart into things that ultimately die on the vine. It's been just a bit too much of a pattern as of late.
what happened?

if it's art related, read nassim taleb about living in the antechamber of hope

it's tough...
Old 06.13.2023, 08:25 PM   #70
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what happened?

if it's art related, read nassim taleb about living in the antechamber of hope

it's tough...

Mostly art-related, also event-related. It's hard to reach people without aggressively directing attention to everything sometimes, and that is something so antithetical to anything I stand for. I try to adjust my expectations. But that doesn't always make it easier.

And there are things I've been actively working on for a while that, for one reason or another, seem to be stuck in constant limbo.

For instance, I've been trying to form a band with a great friend of mine for about five years now. We have an EP's worth of song concepts by now, but there are always issues with finding other people who will stick around and practice with us regularly or that are a good fit. The situation with prospective drummers has been particularly comical. I get this whole running joke in This Is Spinal Tap so much more now. They constantly spontaneously combust (well, not literally, but they bail out soon, are in too many other projects, have a tough time dealing with the concept that yes, we are a band with vocals, because we play songs, songs that we wrote, with LYRICS, novel concept!).

So, mainly just bitching about things. But in general, I feel like there's less of a platform for certain things than there used to be before. And it's noticeable.

Thanks for the recommendation. Will read into it. And thanks for lending an ear to those ramblings

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2023, 11:05 AM   #71
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Thanks for the recommendation. Will read into it. And thanks for lending an ear to those ramblings
yeah, it's not a "happy" text, but it's not pessimistic either, it just describes the result of network effects in art/literature/music and other markets. from that understanding at least you have a ground from which to get a hold of something.

it also can change your attitude towards the probabilistic nature of things, as opposed to the deterministic one we are taught to believe is the case.

in a way it relates to this as well...

https://youtu.be/36L9cYkHyZM

except taleb talks about math and rubin talks about woo

i believe the math, hahahahaaaa...
Old 06.16.2023, 01:11 PM   #72
hippietears
little trouble girl

I have so much trauma to unpack holy fuck what do i do I hate it here and am tired of life!!!

Old 12.08.2023, 06:04 PM   #73
DorrieTheSnake
empty page

DorrieTheSnake has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I got called 'fat' even though I'm not fat. I'm 5'7'' and weigh 117 lbs, so my BMI is 18.3. I think I'm thin but most people think I look average-sized and healthy rather than skinny and that worries me so I'm starting a diet. I feel conflicted. I want to weigh 100 lbs but I don't want to have a heart attack or some shit as a consequence (I'm a cigarette smoker and exercise a LOT).
DorrieTheSnake is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2024, 08:29 AM   #74
Beer In Belly
little trouble girl

Beer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard sucka
You should stop worrying about trivial shit. And try the beer diet. You will not regret a thing
Beer In Belly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2024, 11:12 AM   #75
hippietears
little trouble girl

I'm finding that the only good thing in my life rn is oui'd

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth