Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Be nice to each other!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.19.2014, 06:48 AM   #21
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
i have high tolerance -also because of selective and/or lazy reading/non reading.
and very strict lines that if you cross them, you are non existent to me.
that goes for real life as well.
one thing i enjoy here, is the freedom of speech and the lack of nazi moderating etc. however, racism, bullying and pedophilia have no place here or anywhere.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2014, 08:59 AM   #22
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
however, racism, bullying and pedophilia have no place here or anywhere.

mkay, is zoophilia allowed then?
cuz then if not what is there left to talk about?
btw and joke aside, just visited the zoophilia entry on wikipedia, it's so well-informed (yes with PICTURES) it's kinda ILL!!!!!!!!
Old 02.19.2014, 09:30 AM   #23
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Even his thread titles were starting to get to me, so simply ignoring him wasn't going to work entirely. Good job, moderators. This was absolutely the best way to handle the situation.

I'm not sure what sort of person thinks, "If I can't post hate speech, I won't post at all," but I'm thrilled to say that's no longer my problem.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2014, 09:52 AM   #24
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I'm not sure what sort of person thinks...

why do people have the compulsion to ascribe their own rationality onto the insane? this puzzles me more than the insane themselves, who are explained by their brain damage.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2014, 10:05 AM   #25
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
gast had the distinction of both flooding the forum with his posts AND posting stuff no one wanted to read. It became super irritating. atsonicpark posted a lot but at least he made posts worth reading.

I totally agree - I enjoyed Adam's post! (and I wasn't throwing SuchFriends under any bus......active members = quantity)

Just not sure if it's fair for me say how much posting is too much?

Personally, I feel it's better to simply not respond to specific threads and avoid adding any fuel to the fire. If I find myself not having the will power to avoid being baited, I have the ignore list as an option.

Policing ourselves is a much better option than expecting our moderators to do it for us.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2014, 10:11 AM   #26
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
why do people have the compulsion to ascribe their own rationality onto the insane?

Well, I wrote I wasn't sure. I didn't offer a hypothesis. I don't really have one, nor the inclination to form one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
If I find myself not having the will power to avoid being baited, I have the ignore list as an option.

But even his thread title was starting to get to me. I shouldn't have to receive a slap in the face just to look at the non-sonics page.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2014, 10:21 AM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Well, I wrote I wasn't sure. I didn't offer a hypothesis. I don't really have one, nor the inclination to form one.

i'm not singling you out-- it's a rather widespread trend. the man is evidently drooling and people are naively complaining about "hate speech". the mods even wrote to him! told him to behave! when he responded with incomprehensible rants which i'm sure included many references to "apebrain" and "modern [something]", the mods asked him to PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!

it reminds me of people who talk to drunks as if they were clear-headed rational actors. or people who address their dogs in fully constructed sentences and paragraphs. "hey there, fido, what is it with you not liking this new food i got you? is there too much corn in it? does it lack minerals? how come you couldn't stop eating your old food but this one you leave half untouched? that simply won't do, good friend, we don't have the budget for the good stuff any longer, and we all must make adjustments, you see. and no, you can't eat the neighbors as a snack..."
Old 02.19.2014, 10:24 AM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
It's probably all self-hate. gast looked like a Navajewish romany-mexican.
Old 02.19.2014, 10:37 AM   #29
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
mkay, is zoophilia allowed then?
cuz then if not what is there left to talk about?
btw and joke aside, just visited the zoophilia entry on wikipedia, it's so well-informed (yes with PICTURES) it's kinda ILL!!!!!!!!

i ve been accused of that by Toileta!!!
specifically shepherd dog philia.

no clicking on that page, no Sir!
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2014, 10:55 AM   #30
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
The thing is that anyone can create a username and start posting hateful stuff in the name of fun or else, and for whatever reason or length of time they have before they get reported and eventually banned. To me this makes the process of giving warnings and banning tedious for whomever has to do the job, and besides this type of forum posting-style doesn't stop inspiring new members to behave like idiots for as long as they get before they are reported by other users and so forth.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2014, 11:29 AM   #31
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i'm not singling you out-- it's a rather widespread trend. the man is evidently drooling and people are naively complaining about "hate speech". the mods even wrote him! told him to behave! when he responded with incomprehensible rants which i'm sure included many references to "apebrain" and "modern [something]", the mods asked him to PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!

it reminds me of people who talk to drunks as if they were clear-headed rational actors. or people who address their dogs in fully constructed sentences and paragraphs. "hey there, fido, what is it with you not liking this new food i got you? is there too much corn in it? does it lack minerals? how come you couldn't stop eating your old food but this one you leave half untouched? that simply won't do, good friend, we don't have the budget for the good stuff any longer, and we all must make adjustments, you see. and no, you can't eat the neighbors as a snack..."

the mods here are just so niceeeee. and they want everyone to like them and be so niiice. everyone is nice and everything is nice if we just act nice.

this is the most compassion-less and pathetic attitude ever.

gast should have been told very clearly to fuck off and banned the moment he started posting. for his own sake

asking him to stay is as ridiculous as you've pointed out.

i've been drunk in the street screaming and singing at 3am. the right thing to do would have been to come out and tell me to shut the fuck up, but noone did. this would have done me a favour. we live in a society were people puke into gutters and slowly destroy themselves with drugs and everyones so nice - all the time - because noone gives a fuck. how NICCE. how HAPPY we all are.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2014, 11:32 AM   #32
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
It's no one's business if you choose to destroy yourself.

gast may have run out of his meds. you never know. Hopefully he is not a serial killer.....
Old 02.19.2014, 11:35 AM   #33
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
what if i chose not to believe in the standard conception of what choice is, which is a supernatural ability to determine ones actions a priori absent of the causative factors present in reality itself?

also, me destroying myself is the business of, atm, richard lloyd and sons, who profit off the tobacco i am currently smoking.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2014, 11:38 AM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

You can only choose between the options presented to you. You cannot choose that which has not either been conceived of by you, or provided to you by others. Therefore we have no free will. It is an illusion. We choose a pre-determined set of options. Those who truly break way from this are hunted down like dogs.
Old 02.19.2014, 12:33 PM   #35
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
You cannot choose that which has not either been conceived of by you, or provided to you by others.

you forgot a big one, which is when the options presented to you are utter shit, and you can't come up with an alternative on your own: do some research and seek out new options. that's the force behind human learning. from going to the library to doing your own experiments-- the unsatisfied need not be stuck in narrow perspectives.

pain is good feedback.
Old 02.19.2014, 12:39 PM   #36
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
The thing is that anyone can create a username and start posting hateful stuff in the name of fun or else, and for whatever reason or length of time they have before they get reported and eventually banned. To me this makes the process of giving warnings and banning tedious for whomever has to do the job, and besides this type of forum posting-style doesn't stop inspiring new members to behave like idiots for as long as they get before they are reported by other users and so forth.

Oddly enough, I've just booted off a new follower of mine from Twatter, after I checked their posts and saw them openly abusing (in a v unpleasant manner) a good mate of mine. I suspect them to be one of the "troll" posters at the other place I frequent (in fact, given the "political" nature of their Twatterings, I think I've actually ID'd said clown)...but y'know, if you're man/woman enough to go online and coat people off left, right and centre, why not be man/woman enough to do it under yr own recognisable online handle? I mean, at least gast was man enough to so do, I'll give him that much.....
Old 02.19.2014, 12:42 PM   #37
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
gast was man enough

sexist speech = reported = go to siberia do not pass go
Old 02.19.2014, 12:44 PM   #38
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
sexist speech = reported = go to siberia do not pass go

Do I still get to collect $200 though?
Old 02.19.2014, 02:17 PM   #39
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Do I still get to collect $200 though?
no. enemies of the state will be reeducated at labor camp.

politics is the highest good and political crimes are the worst crimes.
Old 02.19.2014, 02:19 PM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

gotta love victimless crimes!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth