Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page PRURIENT+ COLDCAVE (Some Girls/XIU XIU)@Brudenell 21/5/09-Leeds£5
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.15.2009, 03:05 PM   #1
drumsnotdead
empty page

drumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's asses
PRURIENT + COLD CAVE + VOLTIGEURS + THE HAXAN CLOAK @ The Brudenell
£5.00 advance/ £9 joint ticket with the Zach Hill show

PRURIENT
Prurient is the nom de plume of noise musician Dominick Fernow. He has released material on numerous independent record labels, such as American Tapes, Hanson Records, RRRecords, Load Records, Troubleman Unlimited, Chrondritic Sound, and his own label Hospital Productions. In the 2000s, Prurient has become one of the most well-known and influential names in the noise field, having been covered in outlets such as Pitchfork Media and The Village Voice.
Fernow works primarily with a microphone and amplifier, and sometimes drums. On some releases he has been joined by Ben Barnett, Richard Dunn (FFH), John Wiese, Jeff Plummer (Immaculate Grotesque, Shallow Waters), Kris Lapke (Alberich, MCMS), Sickness, Wolf Eyes, Macronympha, Philip Best, Sutcliffe Jugend, The Hototogisu, Carlos Giffoni, Wilt, Grunt, Nicole 12, and Emily Salvatierra.[1] Fernow grew up in Wisconsin but now lives in Manhattan and runs the Hospital Productions record label and retail record store. Fernow was also the guitarist of bands Football Rabbit, Vegas Martyrs, Taylor Bow, and Ash Pool (in which he also sings).
Fernow once worked with Tom Martin of Lich King at Hasbro's toy packaging department. Lich King started as an imaginary band that Martin would annoy Fernow with by drawing the logo all over his workspace.

COLD CAVE (Member of Some Girls & collaborated with Locust).
Wesley Eisold is a poet, writer, and musician. He is an alumnus of the hardcore punk groups and noise rock bands Give Up the Ghost , Some Girls, Cold Cave, Taylor Bow, XO Skeletons and Ye Olde Maids. He has written and collaborated with many different artists including but not limited to members of The Locust, and Prurient.
In early 2007, despite there being an amicable relationship between the two, there was some controversy between Eisold and Fall Out Boy over possible plagiarism in the lyrics to the songs "The Carpal Tunnel of Love", "Golden", and "Bang the Doldrums" from the album Infinity on High. Eisold is given songwriting credits in the liner notes to the album (source) On Fall Out Boy's 2005 album, From Under the Cork Tree, Eisold is credited as "Inspirador".[citation needed]
On the Some Girls EP, The DNA Will Have Its Say, Eisold is joined by Karen O of the band Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
In 2006, Eisold was published in the Columbia Journal and in August 2007, he released his first collection of poems and prose, Deathbeds. He also worked with and edited Eric Paul of Arab On Radar's poetry collection, I Offered Myself As The Sea.
He currently lives in Philadelphia and runs Heartworm Press, an independent publishing company.
http://www.myspace.com/coldcave
VOLTIGEURS
New project from Matthew Bower of sunroof! & skullflower, also featuring Samantha Davies from "Harm".
THE HAXAN CLOAK
Nature vs nurture.
http://www.myspace.com/thehaxancloak
drumsnotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2009, 03:49 PM   #2
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Nice one, thanks for the heads up. I missed Prurient at ATP so looking forward to this.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2009, 04:38 PM   #3
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
earth are playing at the brudenell soon too. worth a look i reckon.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2009, 04:40 PM   #4
DNAINTHEDNA
stalker

DNAINTHEDNA kicks all y'all's assesDNAINTHEDNA kicks all y'all's assesDNAINTHEDNA kicks all y'all's assesDNAINTHEDNA kicks all y'all's assesDNAINTHEDNA kicks all y'all's assesDNAINTHEDNA kicks all y'all's assesDNAINTHEDNA kicks all y'all's assesDNAINTHEDNA kicks all y'all's assesDNAINTHEDNA kicks all y'all's assesDNAINTHEDNA kicks all y'all's assesDNAINTHEDNA kicks all y'all's asses
Cold cave are horrid though
DNAINTHEDNA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2009, 05:29 PM   #5
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
wes eisold!!
Old 04.15.2009, 08:41 PM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i lik the two cold cave eps from last year, espeially the one on hospital. its amazing to me they actually get away with thier sound, i duno, catchy as fuck. hospital rules so much now. ive mentined cold cave quite a bit actually.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2009, 08:43 PM   #7
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
im never stoked on locust assocations though, haha. i mean, mat rademan who owns breathmint records, recrds as newton, and played in the lotus has a quasi-locust association and some emo connections, so threfore ive had tons of trouble taking the dude seriously even though hes done some pretty fucking cool dada noise stuff. the lotus was actualy named after a mis-pronunciation of the locust at some show, haha.

listen to pink reason
Old 04.16.2009, 11:51 AM   #8
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
you just like the nudie picture on the cold cave 12"
:-)
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2009, 02:56 PM   #9
drumsnotdead
empty page

drumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's assesdrumsnotdead kicks all y'all's asses
This is in two weeks- only £5 advance from Jumbo records or crash records in leeds city centre, alternatively email me on tom@rm237.co.uk to get cheap guestlist!

Thanks
drumsnotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2009, 09:54 PM   #10
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
you just like the nudie picture on the cold cave 12"
:-)

i downloaded them both via soulseek so i really dont, haha.

listen to pink reason

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth