Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Scissor Shock Reunite!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.08.2009, 08:33 AM   #1
sarramkrop

Hopefully they'll come to the West Coast. From Pitchfork:

"Some 2(?) years after they called it a day, the glorious noise rock clusterfuck they call Scissor Shock will reconvene for a series of shows next year. Yep, all of 'em: the classic lineup of Adam Coley, Adam Coley and Adam Coley. Coley and Adam Coley will hit the road on what the band's label Scissor Shock calls a "fleeting reunion."

The only date announced thus far is an appearance at the All Tomorrow's Parties 'Scissor Shock Fans Hit Back' fest in Minehead, England the long weekend of May 8-10, though we're told things will come crashing down with a grand finale in the band's hometown of Scissor Shock in November.

Come May, the band's first four albums-- Scissor Shock I, Scissor Shock II, Scissor Shock III, and Scissor Shock IV-- will be released on CD and vinyl in newly remastered form. Scissor Shock is heading up that process, with original engineer Steve Albini's Atsonickpark sitting in."
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2009, 08:39 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Hah.

I just got interviewed by indieville.com the other day, and the last question is "what are your future plans" and I answered "well, I'm probably going to end the project after the next album."

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2009, 08:40 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Regarding bumping any self-promotion threads I've done over the past 3 years: Funny!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2009, 08:48 AM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I just love the idea of there being Americans in Minehead. It's the most ridiculous thing imaginable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2009, 11:33 AM   #5
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I just love the idea of there being Americans in Minehead. It's the most ridiculous thing imaginable.

Ha ha! Indeed.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth