Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.02.2014, 06:52 PM   #4261
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'd have probably chosen Negredo too but ... no, you're right, no buts. Regardless of his crappy end to the season he's still a better option than Torres. Although I can't see either of them starting anyway.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2014, 06:56 PM   #4262
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
what a waste of javi martinez to put him as a defender and not a defensive midfielder. fucking guardiola does the fucking same. he single-footedly took bayern to new heights last year.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2014, 08:02 PM   #4263
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what a waste of javi martinez to put him as a defender and not a defensive midfielder. fucking guardiola does the fucking same. he single-footedly took bayern to new heights last year.

There's not a free space there for Martinez. Busquets and Alonso are set in stone. Although hard to see a space for him in defence too. I don't think he'll be starting anyway.
Old 06.02.2014, 08:56 PM   #4264
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
There's not a free space there for Martinez. Busquets and Alonso are set in stone. Although hard to see a space for him in defence too. I don't think he'll be starting anyway.

busquets? fine. remove the dinosaur xabi alonso then. ha ha ha ha.

i think del bosque is too personally attached to some people, and that will be his undoing.

--

re: dino -- i'm only exaggerating to make a point.
Old 06.03.2014, 01:29 AM   #4265
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Alonso's retiring from Spain after the WC so Martinez will most likely take his position from the Euros on. Right now though, on current form, I'd still start Alonso over Martinez. But I agree that Pep's not helping his case.

And what about those Germans? Only taking one proper forward. Is that even legal? Or are Germany becoming as Spanish as Bayern, with their new fangled falscher neuns:

Goalkeepers: Neuer (Bayern Munich), Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund), Zieler (Hanover).

Defenders: Boateng (Bayern Munich), Durm (Borussia Dortmund), Grosskreutz (Borussia Dortmund), Höwedes (FC Schalke), Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Lahm (Bayern Munich), Mertesacker (Arsenal).

Midfielders: Draxler (Schalke), Ginter (Freiburg), Götze (Bayern Munich), Kramer (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Khedira (Real Madrid), Kroos (Bayern Munich), Müller (Bayern Munich), Özil (Arsenal), Podolski (Arsenal), Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Schürrle (Chelsea), Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich).

Forward: Klose (Lazio).
Old 06.03.2014, 01:46 AM   #4266
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yes the problem seems the spaniards only perceive javi martinez as a back. but heynckes made him the heart of bayern and triumphed. he can run all he wants, he can defend, he can pass, he can score. he's strong as a mule, and twice as smart!

ha ha, but really, they are wasting him in that position.

re: germany. they've been doing that for a while. the ramdeuter or gotze or reus can play as false nines.

UNFUCKINGFORTUNATELY i was unable to watch last season's bundesliga & CL, so i can't report first-hand on any of them as to how they've been used or in what places. there's reportedly a kruse from monchengladbach but i haven't seen/noticed him.

don't know how gomez has been doing in fiorentina either. apparently, not too well, if he wasn't picked.

in the past i have not been a big fan of podolski or schurrle, who can be rather hapless, but they were in england so you probably saw them better this past year.

fucker should have put kiessling as a forward and remove one of the unluckies. kiessling plays for leverkusen.

jogi boogers: another broken record playing the same broken tune.
Old 06.03.2014, 01:54 AM   #4267
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Tactics nerds may just have found a new God

Marcelo Bielsa, Marseille Manager

From his wiki-page:

A fanatic of football videos that he adds to his collection, Bielsa on occasion checks pitch measurements by pacing them out before deciding on a particular formation. He allocates separate training times for different parts of his squad. Former Argentine national team captain Roberto Ayala and defender under Bielsa stated "Sometimes we wouldn't see any of the strikers, because he'd have them training at a different time, and it was the same with the midfielders."

He is known for watching and collecting numerous football videos to the point of obsession. He edits and analyzes each video for each individual player. He also utilizes statistical software and other technological tools to prepare for games. John Carlin, an English journalist, has stated that Bielsa "has the most cultured library of soccer in the world."

Athletic Bilbao's striker Fernando Llorente said in an interview "At first he seems tough and he may even annoy you with his persistence and don't-take-no-for-an-answer resilience, but in the end he is a genius." Barcelona's Pep Guardiola called him the "best manager in the world" in 2012.

As Bielsa refuses to grant exclusive interviews, the press conference has become his preferred method of communication. He has been known to field every last question from the assembled media during these gatherings. If the talk turns to the intricacies of the game, a three- or even four-hour press conference is possible.
Old 06.03.2014, 01:55 AM   #4268
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
oh how I can't fucking WAIT for this World Cup to start !!!

since Slovakia sucks and we didn't qualify, I will probably cross my fingers for Argentina and Mexico.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2014, 08:21 AM   #4269
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Marcelo Bielsa

in south america, he took over as manager for chile and became legend--really turned the team around.

haven't followed him as atlético bilbao manager, but maybe someone here does (slavo, h8kurdt?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_

since Slovakia sucks and we didn't qualify, I will probably cross my fingers for Argentina and Mexico.

don't know about those chances, but demonyo is gonna set up a fantasy league so you can test some players. opens june 8.
Old 06.03.2014, 03:28 PM   #4270
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_

I'm the same. I'm watching all the build up stuff on TV Counting down the days. NEXT THURSDAY!!!!
Old 06.03.2014, 03:36 PM   #4271
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
A friend of mine who was born in the Netherlands will be hosting an all day world cup viewing party on Friday the 13th. I cannot wait!!!!!!!
Old 06.05.2014, 06:52 AM   #4272
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Watched the England Ecuador friendly last night. Looked ok going forward but while The Ox was probably our best player it looks like he picked up a knock and Wilshire still seems way off pace. Defensively though, even though I doubt any of them will start in the tournament proper, just makes me pray that nothing happens to Cahill, Baines, Johnson etc.
Old 06.05.2014, 08:30 AM   #4273
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
A friend of mine who was born in the Netherlands will be hosting an all day world cup viewing party on Friday the 13th. I cannot wait!!!!!!!

holy shit

they'll be playing spain! so looking forwards to that.

england-italy is the next day

fuck, it's gonna be 14 days or of non-stop games before there's a break.
Old 06.05.2014, 09:47 AM   #4274
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Watched the England Ecuador friendly last night. Looked ok going forward but while The Ox was probably our best player it looks like he picked up a knock and Wilshire still seems way off pace. Defensively though, even though I doubt any of them will start in the tournament proper, just makes me pray that nothing happens to Cahill, Baines, Johnson etc.

Step off, bitch. Barkley was the star of the hour.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2014, 09:50 AM   #4275
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
The Ox to be for a few weeks. Rabbish.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2014, 03:30 PM   #4276
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Step off, bitch. Barkley was the star of the hour.

Yeah with you there. Forgot to mention him. He has to start against Italy.

Hart
Johnson/Cahill/Jagielka/Baines
Gerrard/Henderson/Barkley
Lallana/Sturridge/Rooney
Old 06.05.2014, 04:20 PM   #4277
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
!
Old 06.05.2014, 04:32 PM   #4278
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

so, ingleses, how do you see your chances vs. italy and uruguay?

italy i don't think so, but uruguay you might.

in spite of the good show at the confederations cup, uruguay had a hard time qualifying (came in 5th). ecuador was actually ahead of them on goal difference. but a lot has happened since then... though at least you won't have to face suarez in the group stage… maybe.
Old 06.05.2014, 05:13 PM   #4279
demonrail666
invito al cielo

All I really know about Uruguay is Suarez. Just looking at their squad now. OK, I recognise a few other names but they're still a bit of an unknown quantity. I think Suarez will play though.

Italy aren't in great form at the moment and there's apparently a real down mood in their camp. It also helps that they're traditionally quite slow starters so playing them first might do us a favour.

We'll probably be underdogs in both games though.

USA Portugal is a tough opener. Although there's doubts about Ronaldo's fitness. So again, you playing them in the first game may have done you a favour too.
Old 06.05.2014, 05:45 PM   #4280
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

true about italy being traditionally a slow starter!

you might remember godin as the defender whose header could have won the champions league for atletico madrid. plus a bunch of others in great teams (e.g. cavani @ psg)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...014-squad.html

they have *really* good players and… they still have forlán ha ha ha. tabarez was talking about putting suarez up on the first game vs costa rica, depending on how he recovers from surgery.

team usa is thoroughly fucked in that group. i have zero hope. with or without ronaldo i expect them to get creamed.

my favorite dark horse was colombia. i was hoping they'd go far-- they came in 2nd in the conmebol qualifiers after argentina, and they have a strong, solid team. unfortunately, woe is them, they'll be missing falcao who this week had to drop out due to injury. ouch! what a loss.
164204211212213 214 215216217224264314 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth