Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page dance music dilemma need help
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.17.2013, 12:16 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
So most know I do like a lot of electronic music. I also like dancing. The art of dry humping in a packed club is a movement created by my generation that I fully support.

BUT

Most of the stuff I did is either weird and not really danceable (Andy Stott) or minimal and garagey (early Detroit, Underground Resistance, etc..) I love Daft Punk as much as the next guy, but the whole generation of dumb kids in neon to take MDMA and listen to Skrillex nauseates me. I mean, for one thing MDMA is good for all music. Fucking Mozart would sound better on MDMA for chrissakes.

I've been dating this girl for a few months now. Her taste in music, literature and film is garbage. But at age 25 I have realized to stop caring about that shit, and maybe if she doesn't want to go to Prurient shows with me or not is a non-issue.

I need acts that fall between the shit she listens to and like, Aphex Twin. I want to go to clubs with her and not seem like a disinterested prick and therefore not have sex. I actually went to a Boys Noize show with her, and didn't fully despise it.

So, can anyone help me find some non-shitty EDM to listen to?

Thanks.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2013, 12:24 PM   #2
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
i've seen this thread before.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2013, 04:51 PM   #3
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
yeah well i clicked it twice have a mod delete it or ignore it shit

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth