Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page London gig guide
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.19.2006, 07:49 AM   #141
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
grr, what happened?
did you see yoshihide?
Personal reasons,nothing major.Nah i haven't seen him either.I've had very little time to go out at all,recently.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 08:23 AM   #142
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Venue: Name of venue
BAC Café
Venue map
http://www.bacvenues.org.uk
BAC Venues
Old Town Hall
Lavender Hill
London
United Kingdom
SW11 7TN Promoter: Name of promoter
Bohman Brothers Present Box office: Venue box office
020 7223 2223 Gig date: GIg date
24/01/2007 Performance times: Performance times
8.30pm Ticket price: Ticket price
6.00 Band: Namd of band performing at gig
Coates - Edwards - Ryan Trio
View band details Biography RESXlBiography.Help
Bruce Coates - Soprano and Alto saxophones John Edwards - Double Bass David Ryan - Bb and Bass Clarinets This trio brings together three musicians who draw on a vast array of music-making and experience to create a unique, fluid and responsive improvising situation. Synthesising aspects of free jazz, European and American avant-garde and experimental musics, Coates-Edwards-Ryan focus on both the sounding moment and the possibility of mobile and spontaneous structures emerging out of the performance. This tour will also explore the possibility of occasional composed pieces as well as completely free improvisation.

Old 12.19.2006, 08:25 AM   #143
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Spitz, The
Venue map
http://www.spitz.co.uk
109 Commercial Street
Old Spitafields Market
London
United Kingdom
E1 6BG Box office: Venue box office
020 7392 9032 Gig date:
13/01/2007 Ticket price:
0.00 Band: Namd of band performing at gig
Grutronic plus Evan Parker
View band details Biography RESX lBiography.Help
Stephen Grew - piano/keyboards Nick Grew - toys/effects/harmonica/fans Richard Scott - buchla lightening/kaos pad/samples Dave Ross - drums Evan Parker - soprano sax Stephen Grew explains the thinking behind Grutronic: ‘Grutronic blends electronic and acoustic sound to create unique textures and to give them compositional direction. This process involves the creation of a complex, shifting soundscape. More than that, it involves standing back and managing events from a vantage point in order to give them form. Although the music is electronic and has virtual aspects, Grutronic employs a hands-on physicality, understanding that input, control and exchange of human energy are what gives sound, form, soul and a human reason for being’.

Old 12.19.2006, 08:27 AM   #144
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Chicken Shed Theatre
Venue map
http://www.chickenshed.org.uk
Chaseside
Southgate
London
United Kingdom
N14 4PE Promoter: Name of promoter
Stringle, Berny
http://www.merfanglemusic.com Box office: Venue box office
020 8449 1155 Gig date: GIg date
26/01/2007 Ticket price:
0.00 Band: Namd of band performing at gig
Osian Roberts/Steve Fishwick Quintet
View band details Biography RESX Biography.Help
Steve Fishwick – trumpet/flugelhorn, Osian Roberts – tenor sax, Olivier Slama - piano, Dave Chamberlain - bass, Mat Fishwick – drums. The Osian Roberts/Steve Fishwick Quintet plays jazz in the tradition of the great hard bop bands of the 1950s and 60s, namely The Miles Davis Quintet, Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers, The Horace Silver Quintet, The Benny Golson/Art Farmer Jazztet, Kenny Dorham’s Jazz Prophets, and The Cannonball Adderley Quintet. Its repertoire consists of mostly original material, as featured on its debut album, Too Much, as well as a selection of carefully chosen standards arranged by various members of the group. Osian Roberts and the Fishwick brothers, Steve and Mat, met on a Royal Academy’s jazz course in 1994, and have worked and rehearsed together on a regular basis ever since. This Quintet started out as an informal jam session but before long was performing regularly on the London scene. All band members are highly regarded on the British and international jazz scene, and each brings a unique voice to his instrument, adding to the collective sound. Live, you can expect a well-balanced, polished performance of a varied set of music by a smartly dressed, tight-knit, and above all, swinging unit.

Old 12.19.2006, 11:35 AM   #145
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
porkmarras, have you been to many bohman brothers gigs?
i mentioned before in here about a night they put on (i'm pretty sure it's still going but i haven't been in a while) in a community centre in vauxhall. have you ever been?
Old 12.19.2006, 11:57 AM   #146
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
porkmarras, have you been to many bohman brothers gigs?
i mentioned before in here about a night they put on (i'm pretty sure it's still going but i haven't been in a while) in a community centre in vauxhall. have you ever been?
Nope.Where about in Vauxhall?

Old 12.19.2006, 12:45 PM   #147
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Explosions In The Sky
march 1st 2007 London,Uk , Koko's
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2006, 04:01 AM   #148
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Explosions In The Sky
march 1st 2007 London,Uk , Koko's
I'll be at that one.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2006, 08:01 AM   #149
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Nope.Where about in Vauxhall?

it's a place called the bonnington centre. you can take your own alcohol! but like i said, i don't know if it's still running or not. i will spread my tendrils and find out though, it's a good (and cheap) night out.
Old 12.20.2006, 09:11 AM   #150
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i think my friend jenny is going to be playing at that bohman brothers thing
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2006, 11:25 AM   #151
porkmarras
invito al cielo

BANG FACE XL - MURDERATION ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS
Friday 12th January 2007

A whodunit style Neo-Rave celebrating the fantasies of Agatha Christie...

ALTERN-8 - Full on mask and laser hysteria

KNIFEHANDCHOP - The Canadian Neo-Rave General
VEX'D - The hottest Breaks/Bass/Industrial Crew
DROP THE LIME - US Techno/Bass assault
EQUINOX - Rinsing Amen Jungle
DMX KREW - The Electro-Bass master
ROTATOR - Killer Hardcore / Breakcore
VEXKIDDY - Time travel Neo-Ravers from the 1800s
SAINT ACID - The Patron Saint of Bang Face
PLUS THE BANG FACE HARD CREW

9pm - 6am @ Electrowerkz, 7 Torrens Street, Islington, London EC1V 1NQ

Hype & Ticket info: www.bangface.com

Old 12.20.2006, 11:26 AM   #152
porkmarras
invito al cielo

OCD @ The Rhythm Factory

The Bays (Live)
Jimpster aka Audiomontage (Freerange)
Palmskin Productions (Freerange)
Speaker Junk (Live)
ft Trevor Loveys (Switch / Freerange)
& Herve (Dubsided)
Dave iO (insignificant Others / iO music)
Paddy Freeform (Universal Vibes)

OCD residents: Jason Slater, Jonny Rhythm, Chris James
+ Moochin ft Lee Jarvis, Mr Kimble & Jon Fynn

10pm – 6am

£25 Tickets / more on the door

Tickets available by CLICKING HERE

Ticket outlets: www.ticketweb.co.uk / 08700 600 100
Rhythm Factory / 0207 375 3774

Info: info@o-c-d.co.uk
o-c-d@hotmail.co.uk

Rhythm Factory
16-18 Whitechapel Road,
London. E1 1EW
Nearest tube: Aldgate East

OCD New Years Eve presents The Best of 2006 bringing together cutting edge live electronic acts and djs from the biggest UK underground record labels to the best live club venue in London, the Rhythm Factory. It has been an amazing year for OCD with live performances from The Bays, Ralph Lawson’s 2020Soundsystem, Spirit Catcher, Silver City plus djs such as Switch / Solid Groove (Dubsided), Jesse Rose (Dubsided), Burnski (Trapez), Style of Eye (Classic) to name a few

Old 12.20.2006, 05:50 PM   #153
lucyrulesok
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras

BANG FACE XL - MURDERATION ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS
Friday 12th January 2007

A whodunit style Neo-Rave celebrating the fantasies of Agatha Christie...

ALTERN-8 - Full on mask and laser hysteria

KNIFEHANDCHOP - The Canadian Neo-Rave General
VEX'D - The hottest Breaks/Bass/Industrial Crew
DROP THE LIME - US Techno/Bass assault
EQUINOX - Rinsing Amen Jungle
DMX KREW - The Electro-Bass master
ROTATOR - Killer Hardcore / Breakcore
VEXKIDDY - Time travel Neo-Ravers from the 1800s
SAINT ACID - The Patron Saint of Bang Face
PLUS THE BANG FACE HARD CREW

9pm - 6am @ Electrowerkz, 7 Torrens Street, Islington, London EC1V 1NQ

Hype & Ticket info: www.bangface.com

I'm going to this! I have a MASSIVE exam that afternoon and I'm getting SLAUGHTERED after
Old 12.27.2006, 07:47 AM   #154
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Tuesday 16th January's Clear Spot, 7pm on 104.4FM...

One 'session musician', for want of a better phrase, pays tribute to another. A purely subjective overview of the late, great Robert Quine - the guitarist who invented sick solos & sweet leads for the good, the bad and the ugly (Richard Hell, Lou Reed & Lloyd Cole in other words). Expect very little in the way of chronology, but some anecdotes tempered with large chunks of Edwards' Quine-related record collection.

Old 01.02.2007, 08:15 AM   #155
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Tuesday 23 January 2007

Echo Chamber

TCM Contemporary Music Group
Conductor: Gregory Rose

Music with live electronics and inspired by electronics including works by John Cage and a special acoustic arrangement of classic ambient electronica by Aphex Twin
Azguime Derrière Son Double
Aphex Twin
Cage Electronic Circus
Musgrave Narcissus

1.05 pm, Old Royal Naval College Chapel

String Machine
Elysian Quartet and TCM String Ensemble
Works for strings inspired by, and featuring electronics and multimedia
Reich Triple String Quartet
Murcott Installation for String Quartet
Montague String Quartet No. 1

Installation opens at 6pm, concert at 7.30 pm
Theatre Studio & Peacock Room, Trinity College of Music
Free

£5 (£3 conc) Inc. glass of wine
Wednesday 24 January 2007

Blips In the Bar
Installations and happenings in Butler’s Bar throughout the day with special guests Paul Newland, Paul Whitty and David Arrowsmith from

Stephen Preston and Thomas Gardner Ouija Board

Butler’s Bar, Trinity College of Music

Vocal Plate / Elecronic Blackbird and Myrtle

An evening of vocal music with real-time electronic transformation featuring Linda Hirst’s Electric Blackbird plus Alwynne Pritchard’s ensemble Myrtle
Henri Pousseur Tales and Songs from the Bible of Hell
Roger Marsh Not a Soul but Ourselves
Myrtle Improvisations for solo instruments & electronics

7 pm, Butler’s Bar, Trinity College of Music

Free

Thursday 25 January 2007

Beneath the Ether
TCM Symphony Orchestra
Conductor: Simon Wright

An extraordinary evening of theatrical and atmospheric works, culminating with a rare performance of Stockhausen Trans for Orchestra & Electronics
Marshall Fog Tropes
Gregson Metamorphoses
Holliger Pneuma
Stockhausen Trans

7.30 pm, Blackheath Halls

Processed

Mark Lockheart and guest artist Leafcutter John, members of the Mercury Prize nominated ensemble Polar Bear, feature alongside TCM students in an informal after hours showcase of live instrumental and vocal improvisation with electronics

9.30 pm, Blackheath Halls

http://www.tcm.ac.uk/RVEf197317056c34c219845f179c4de1076,,.aspx

Old 01.03.2007, 03:49 PM   #156
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Low
Thursday, February 15
Spitz
London, UK
£15

Old 01.03.2007, 08:32 PM   #157
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i'm going to see birchville cat motel tomorrow
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2007, 04:28 AM   #158
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
^
Bollocks! I forgot about that!
Old 01.05.2007, 04:30 AM   #159
sonicl
invito al cielo

Redd Kross - Camden Underworld - Jan 22nd 2007

The original line up of Redd Kross featuring Steve MacDonald and his bro's are coming to London for a one off show on Jan 22nd 2007.

Tickets for the show at the Camden Underworld are on sale now and available from www.wegottickets.com and www.seetickets.com priced £12.50
Old 01.05.2007, 05:06 AM   #160
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Redd Kross - Camden Underworld - Jan 22nd 2007

The original line up of Redd Kross featuring Steve MacDonald and his bro's are coming to London for a one off show on Jan 22nd 2007.

Tickets for the show at the Camden Underworld are on sale now and available from www.wegottickets.com and www.seetickets.com priced £12.50

Last time I heard Redd Kross they sounded like Oasis.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
58 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth