Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Pretentious intellectual fuckers
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.01.2006, 12:44 PM   #261
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
So?

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2006, 12:46 PM   #262
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Well?

Old 08.01.2006, 12:49 PM   #263
porkmarras
invito al cielo

toilet?

Old 08.01.2006, 12:50 PM   #264
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Heeeeyyyyyyyy Toooooiiiilllleeeetttttt

Old 08.01.2006, 12:56 PM   #265
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
zoiks!

Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2006, 12:57 PM   #266
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Listen......

Old 08.01.2006, 12:58 PM   #267
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Ya?

Old 08.01.2006, 01:13 PM   #268
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I can't rep Porky again.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2006, 01:24 PM   #269
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
I can't rep Porky again.

Old 08.01.2006, 01:25 PM   #270
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Old 08.01.2006, 01:26 PM   #271
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Old 08.01.2006, 01:27 PM   #272
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Old 08.01.2006, 02:38 PM   #273
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Man that pic T&B posted is definitely complex-inducing...
Old 08.05.2006, 10:23 PM   #274
wearescientists
bad moon rising

wearescientists is a jewel in the roughwearescientists is a jewel in the roughwearescientists is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I haven't had 'bad experiences' in academic discussions; nor do I doubt their potential worth.

It's quite simple really:

Pompous pseudo-academics are annoying.
I don't care how much you know, or how obscure that information is. You want a cookie? Get one from your mommy.
You talk too much at parties.
You think you look dashing in horrid tweed combinations.
You 'make love,' and don't know how to fuck.
You develop funny affected accents.
You style your facial hair.
You spend either far too much or not nearly enough on clothing/hygiene.
You are egocentric.
You're boring. Trust me, people who don't read Harold Bloom for fun don't want to hear about him.

In short, most other people piss me off.

Let's get back to the tits, eh?

1. You think academics don't talk about tits, your crazy.

2. So what's the lack truncy, all this hostility even after you had several outs in the conversation; maybe what you are talking of is what is missing?
wearescientists is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2006, 03:18 PM   #275
TeamRamRod
little trouble girl

TeamRamRod ain't too shabby
Quote:
Just a random rant. People who quiver in fear at the thought of liking music/art/films that isn't obscure or critically lauded. People who will admit to such things, but only with the disclaimer of them being 'guilty pleasures.' People who wear their artistic taste on their sleeves as some kind of badge of identification. People who will slam Ben Folds Five and in the same breath endorse Be Your Own Pet because the latter is on Infinity Cat and not yet plastered on the radio. People who casually drop their latest film noir viewings and translated novel readings into conversation, for no other reason (despite what they say) than to advertise that they, unlike you, are culturally rounded and capable of complex thought. People who line up like lemmings to watching foreign films at their local independent theater because, well, it's an indie film - by default, it's better than anything out at the multiplex! People who tolerated Drawing Restraint 9 because they lick Bjork's whiny Nordic asshole, but won't acknowledge that Aliens is one of the best films ever made.

One of the most blatant examples of this, in my cuntish opinion, is the "What are you listening to?" thread.

I would cut off my left tit if there were some way to prove that the majority of people post on that thread for any reason other than to self-importantly crow, "Look! Look what I'M listening to! It's a B-side! I bet YOU'VE never heard it! Did you know I was that obscure? Did you know I was into such hardcore experimentalism? Well, I am. And I bet you're not. I bet YOU don't own this album. Am I avant-garde? Am I? Am I?" Why else are you posting on that thread? Do you really give a good goddamn what I'm listening to? Of course not, you're listening to your own music. Do people typically respond to other people's posts on that thread? Of course not, because they're barely even reading them; they are far too concerned with posting their own brand of advertising.

People who don't realize that Sebastian Bach will own someone like Kathleen Hanna any day of the week because he loves, truly LOVES music, lives for the pure simplistic joy of rock and roll, and isn't using it as a vehicle for a political agenda, an image stamp, a competitive artistic edge, a personality billboard.

The name-droppers, media-haters, trendophobes, rabble-rousers, corporate-bashing, extreme-left, if-more-than-15-people-have-heard-of-that-band-I-can't-buy-their-album music connossieurs -

Contrary to what you must convince yourselves of on a daily basis in order to keep your fragile egos intact, it is YOU folks who are the woefully ignorant, not those supposed intellectual inferiors you turn your noses down at. So don your pricetags, kids, for you are the true sell-outs.

Post of the muthafuckin' millenium!
TeamRamRod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2006, 03:26 PM   #276
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses

finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2006, 04:05 PM   #277
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
since i was listed as belonging to the category above, i feel i must clarify:

i can't stand ben folds five

and yet i don't fit the description-- i've never heard be your own pet or for that matter i've rarely posted in the what are you listening thread (usually im listening to some crap when i'm on the internet, due to the fact that i connect in public places). oh i also think kathleen hanna's music is mostly laughable (don't most of us anyway?)

i am however a snob when it comes to books, movies and food-- rather by training and conviction than for public display-- i mean i don't give a fuck if people agree with my tastes or not. but i like what i like and while i enjoy some trash (i think most tv is shit) i am picky with that too-- always sunny in philadelphia= yes, american idol=fuck their mothers

in general i don't think i fit into any general category. i'm neither avant-garde nor a poser-- i'm a weirdo in the most fundamental way.

oh, and i like to fuck, and fuck good, hm, ah, ah, ooooh, hmmmmmm.....

did i mention before drawing restraint 9 gave me a huge boner? i feel i must repeat this. people cutting each other's flesh and eating them while they fuck is a huge visual turn on. hmm.......
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2006, 06:55 PM   #278
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
ben folds five is horrible cheese that i avoid anytime i'm exposed to it
be your own pet i like & have listened to their album a couple of times
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2006, 07:44 PM   #279
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Just a random rant. People who quiver in fear at the thought of liking music/art/films that isn't obscure or critically lauded. People who will admit to such things, but only with the disclaimer of them being 'guilty pleasures.' People who wear their artistic taste on their sleeves as some kind of badge of identification. People who will slam Ben Folds Five and in the same breath endorse Be Your Own Pet because the latter is on Infinity Cat and not yet plastered on the radio. People who casually drop their latest film noir viewings and translated novel readings into conversation, for no other reason (despite what they say) than to advertise that they, unlike you, are culturally rounded and capable of complex thought. People who line up like lemmings to watching foreign films at their local independent theater because, well, it's an indie film - by default, it's better than anything out at the multiplex! People who tolerated Drawing Restraint 9 because they lick Bjork's whiny Nordic asshole, but won't acknowledge that Aliens is one of the best films ever made.

One of the most blatant examples of this, in my cuntish opinion, is the "What are you listening to?" thread.

I would cut off my left tit if there were some way to prove that the majority of people post on that thread for any reason other than to self-importantly crow, "Look! Look what I'M listening to! It's a B-side! I bet YOU'VE never heard it! Did you know I was that obscure? Did you know I was into such hardcore experimentalism? Well, I am. And I bet you're not. I bet YOU don't own this album. Am I avant-garde? Am I? Am I?" Why else are you posting on that thread? Do you really give a good goddamn what I'm listening to? Of course not, you're listening to your own music. Do people typically respond to other people's posts on that thread? Of course not, because they're barely even reading them; they are far too concerned with posting their own brand of advertising.

People who don't realize that Sebastian Bach will own someone like Kathleen Hanna any day of the week because he loves, truly LOVES music, lives for the pure simplistic joy of rock and roll, and isn't using it as a vehicle for a political agenda, an image stamp, a competitive artistic edge, a personality billboard.

The name-droppers, media-haters, trendophobes, rabble-rousers, corporate-bashing, extreme-left, if-more-than-15-people-have-heard-of-that-band-I-can't-buy-their-album music connossieurs -

Contrary to what you must convince yourselves of on a daily basis in order to keep your fragile egos intact, it is YOU folks who are the woefully ignorant, not those supposed intellectual inferiors you turn your noses down at. So don your pricetags, kids, for you are the true sell-outs.

i haven't read the whole thread but i do have to say i feel the same way as truncy. mexico is plagued with people like that and i fucking hate them.

i like the what are you listening to thread because it might mention a band/artist i haven't heard about and incline my curiosity towards them. it's probably true that people might have another take on it but for me it's a way to know about music others here are enjoying (or at least know enough of to mention). i've never refrained from posting whatever pop, metal or non-pc music i have listened in the past. the fact i haven't heard much hair metal lately is because most i have are on tape.

and i was wondering the other day, when my cousin told me byop were on conan or leno or some other late show, on how many of sy's fans will jump ship when the band gets bigger; i'd love to see be your own pet on mtv hits, in fact, i've missed good radio friendly rock which has been vanished from the air ever since pop punk/emo started it's reign of terror (of which the used and my chemical romance, before the overkill radio play, have been the better bands)

and well,
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to truncated again.

ps: <A href="mailto:!@"#$">!@"#$! is one of the truest people here, though. you got it all wrong with him.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2006, 10:10 PM   #280
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i haven't read the whole thread but i do have to say i feel the same way as truncy. mexico is plagued with people like that and i fucking hate them.

i like the what are you listening to thread because it might mention a band/artist i haven't heard about and incline my curiosity towards them. it's probably true that people might have another take on it but for me it's a way to know about music others here are enjoying (or at least know enough of to mention). i've never refrained from posting whatever pop, metal or non-pc music i have listened in the past. the fact i haven't heard much hair metal lately is because most i have are on tape.

and i was wondering the other day, when my cousin told me byop were on conan or leno or some other late show, on how many of sy's fans will jump ship when the band gets bigger; i'd love to see be your own pet on mtv hits, in fact, i've missed good radio friendly rock which has been vanished from the air ever since pop punk/emo started it's reign of terror (of which the used and my chemical romance, before the overkill radio play, have been the better bands)

and well,
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to truncated again.

ps: <A href="mailto:!@"#$">!@"#$! is one of the truest people here, though. you got it all wrong with him.

what? i'm sorry, i just nodded off.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
111213 14 151617 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth