Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Rewards
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.13.2010, 02:35 PM   #1
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
If you work too hard, what do you reward yourself with?

a) short-term rewards

b) medium-term rewards

c) long-term rewards

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2010, 02:38 PM   #2
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
A) pot

B) more pot

C) roast beef sandwich
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2010, 02:39 PM   #3
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
But in all seriousness, I don't reward myself.
Old 09.13.2010, 02:45 PM   #4
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I'm looking for ideas. My reward system is failing.

Old 09.13.2010, 02:49 PM   #5
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

You ha a reward system? What did you reward yourself before?
Old 09.13.2010, 02:54 PM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
You ha a reward system? What did you reward yourself before?

whiskey and rage

her liver can't take it anymore
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2010, 03:06 PM   #7
knox
invito al cielo

I actually drink beer and wine. But yeah, my liver probably wants me to change my reward system too.

Also ridiculous amounts of coffee and the occasional shameful smoke.

Calling people cunts isn't helping with the stress either.

I think perhaps yoga, but that would involve wearing funny clothes.

I'm thinking short weekend trips.

Old 09.13.2010, 03:31 PM   #8
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
a. a nap or a cuddle

b. a good night's sleep and good food. sleeping in is my biggest reward, especially together with the boyfriend. there's usually one of us who has stuff to do so being able to wake up together without an alarm clock or anyone actually having to get out of the bed is awesome.

c. cooking for my family or another group of people. i rarely have the time to cook large portions and make different things, so taking a whole day to make them a meal means i can have time for myself. also, buying fabric and patterns for future sewing.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2010, 03:37 PM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I don't work too hard.

when I reqard myself though, it is

A) I allow myself $10-$20 to get some used records at the used record store. Ussually get 3-4 cool things.

B) on medium term things, I will treat myself and my lady to a seafood feast at some bad-ass restaurant.

C) on long term big things....have not yet had the opportunity....
Old 09.13.2010, 04:09 PM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Nothing. I have everything I want (which isn't much -- some cd's, some movies, a $50 guitar, a $500 car, and a $24 camera); I had it a lot time ago, so I'm constantly giving away and selling all my useless stuff now. I really have no idea what I'm working for. I don't feel any joy or pleasure in having lots of money or being successful. I mean, It's nice to be able to go out and pay for stuff, but I've never felt any sense of inflated self-worth just because people recognize me as a hard worker. I mean, people know I'm someone that "get stuff done", but I don't really care about people's opinions, positive or negative. And I've never been proud of anything I've ever done, since I was taught at a young age that being happy with myself and being content is wrong... even though I know I'm talented in some areas, and more motivated than almost anyone I've met, I still feel like I'm never be happy, and never will be, with myself. Which is probably why I'm so depressed all the time... Come to think of it, the only thing that makes me happy at all is when I make other people happy. So, I guess it's good that I've worked hard and saved my money for the past 7 years of non-stop work so I can buy my girlfriend stuff and we can go out and do things. Of course, I've also given my mom thousands of dollars in the past few years. She has cancer now, but before that, she was just really fucking lazy, sitting around the house for 5 years straight and eating food and mooching off of my stepdad and me. She'd run up credit cards and do all this bullshit, and I'd have to bail her out. It was embarassing in a way but made me feel like I had some worth in life, sometimes, too. It was usually just annoying. She really pissed me off when I found out she forced my name on a credit card (she had my social security number and all other information, so it was easy) in order to buy pills online. Luckily, she didn't ruin my credit, but the way I found out about it recently was pretty shitty. But, yeah, as far as buying myself something, or doing anything for myself -- I really never do, as there's nothing I "want", and I seriously feel like shit if I spend more than $5 on myself. I have to constantly psyche myself into it.. like "okay, I am buying guitar strings.. but this is good, because there are people out there who want to hear me play guitar..." You know? I can only do things for "myself" if I convince myself that someone else will benefit from it. The only thing I enjoy buying for myself is an occasional handful of pain pills -- and it's only because I need those, because of my fucked-up back, and I'm too unmotivated to go to the doctor (don't have insurance either). I often am questioning why I'm working, why I'm doing the things I'm doing.. and I realize it's out of boredom. I don't even care if people think I'm lazy. I don't care what anyone thinks of me... so, yeah, I basically work, at this point, just to do something except sit around the house and be bored. Either way, I'm the only person I know in real life who isn't in debt... so that's kinda neat. Especially when you consider how many of them have had everything handed to them in life, and no one's given me a fucking thing. I can sleep peacefully at night knowing that I usually do the right thing. Maybe that, in itself, is a reward.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2010, 04:20 PM   #11
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
i don't reward. i only punish.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2010, 04:25 PM   #12
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Hee. Actually, now that you mention it, I do like to be punished, by my old lady. Punishment is a good reward. Also, jumbo shrimp. Loud silence. Maybe my life is a walking contradiction.

...I live in some shitty smog-filled midwest shithole, and I guess one day, before I die in the next 5 years, I do want to make it to the beach, that'd make me happy. I am leaving all my money to my girlfriend.

Old 09.13.2010, 04:51 PM   #13
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
marijuana
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2010, 04:59 PM   #14
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Short term: Booze
Medium Term: New records (as of late)
Long term: Taking miss Emily out of town (going to Savannah next month)
Old 09.13.2010, 05:02 PM   #15
knox
invito al cielo

I think I'll bake cookies or something. But I need a magic thought that says KEEP GOING NOW.

Old 09.13.2010, 05:03 PM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Hee. Actually, now that you mention it, I do like to be punished, by my old lady. Punishment is a good reward. Also, jumbo shrimp. Loud silence. Maybe my life is a walking contradiction.

...I live in some shitty smog-filled midwest shithole, and I guess one day, before I die in the next 5 years, I do want to make it to the beach, that'd make me happy. I am leaving all my money to my girlfriend.

you might wanna spend some of your hard-save money on medical treatment-- just saying.

also: do not give her an incentive to bump you off
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2010, 05:28 PM   #17
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Eh, I'd rather die, honestly. I'm unhappy in life, I've never been happy, and I never will be happy. I've accepted it. I just don't really care about taking care of myself anymore. Oh well.

Old 09.13.2010, 05:30 PM   #18
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
punishment is not a reward. that's just silly. i agree with symbol guy. when it rains, it pours. i've had so much bad shit happen to me. but i refuse to believe that's all there is for me.
Old 09.13.2010, 05:31 PM   #19
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Uh, I meant, in bed. You know, being spanked and shit.

Old 09.13.2010, 05:32 PM   #20
girlgun
invito al cielo

oh everyone likes to be spanked... don't they?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth