Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Fugazi
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.22.2006, 09:23 PM   #21
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I've barely heard anything by Fugazi. I know they were in with all the older punk bands like Rites of Spring and Moss Icon. I heard repeater, suggestion, and turkish disco; all of which I liked. I LOVE the bassist, and the guitarist is insane as well. I'd like to get into them more, but I really don't have the money to get an album.
Old 06.22.2006, 09:25 PM   #22
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
i just won this in a bid!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9148769477&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2006, 09:29 PM   #23
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
I love In On The Kill Taker so much, especially Smallpox Champion. The best part is when everyone stops except for Brendan on drums then they all kick back in. It's kind of chilling how the song is about the wiping out of Native Americans, but it could be applied to today.

The Argument is my second-favorite.
Old 06.22.2006, 09:48 PM   #24
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, the "breakdown" sort of thing that some Fugazi songs have I think came from Guy's Gang of Four influence which is pretty obvious on a few Rites of Spring songs like "End on End" where it strips down to the bass and everything comes back in.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2006, 10:09 PM   #25
Infinite Spark
little trouble girl

Infinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax Americana
I liked the Evens record personally, and I agree that Guy is pretty awesome. Rites of Spring were a great band!

Yeah, Ian plays some of the noisey guitar parts on Youth Against Facism.

Shurely shome mishtake??? you can't possibly mean the same Embrace that are behind the current Official England World Cup Song? If so, I thought i was the only guy from west Yorkshire into Fugazi

EDIT: I meant to reply to the previous post, this new-look message board freaks me out!
Infinite Spark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2006, 10:39 PM   #26
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
The Argument is probably my favorite. I went to see Ian sepak at Franklin and Marshall back in March and it was really great. The Instrument is one of the best music related things on DVD out there and I highly recommnd it for anyone who hasn't seen it. Just yesterday I wached a DVD from one of their shows in 1988 that was pretty rad.

I don't see why people can't seem to give it up for Embrace. I think that's a really great record. I still need to hear Faith.
Dan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2006, 10:59 PM   #27
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know. I really feel Rites of Spring beats them in every way.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2006, 11:00 PM   #28
Forensic Scene
bad moon rising

Forensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's assesForensic Scene kicks all y'all's asses
Red Medicine is their best. Greatest band ever, next to sonic youth (IMO). They can do no wrong, never have and never will. The only tihng fugazi can do that is wrong is not getting back together. Guy is better than Ian, however Embrace was pretty damn good. I like the song "Money", i tihnk its very honest and true.
Old 06.22.2006, 11:13 PM   #29
RockerNino
bad moon rising

RockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's asses
these guys are the shit. so many good albums to choose from. i like arguement, in on the kill taker, and repeater. but all are good.
RockerNino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2006, 11:21 PM   #30
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
The first time I saw them when Ian started the first few notes of Long Division I yelled "Yeahhh!" and he looked down at me and nodded his head to me as if to say, "Oh yes." I need that shit.....NOW!!!
Old 06.22.2006, 11:30 PM   #31
SugarLips
little trouble girl

SugarLips ain't too shabby
I've got 13 songs and the Instrument both are great pieces of work, the bassist Joe Lally is also amazing... Ian has creative strength beyond words.. I can't say I've heard his new band tho..
SugarLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2006, 12:25 AM   #32
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i've got 13 Songs, The Argument, and a 3-song EP that i can't recall the name of. i borrowed Repeater from my brother a while back and loved it, but had to give it back (it was eventually stolen). they're a great band. the rhythm section is one of the most amazing in rock music. The Argument is a perfect summer album.

my name is Brendan.
Old 06.23.2006, 01:03 AM   #33
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I like End Hits alot, but I tend to be alone on that one.
Old 06.23.2006, 08:07 AM   #34
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
End Hits is sweet-- especially Break, Five Corporations, and Caustic Acrostic.
Dan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2006, 08:13 AM   #35
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone got any of the Fugazi Live Series CDs?

http://www.fugaziliveseries.com/

I have two (the most recent London one, and another that I can't remember), and they're excellent.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2006, 08:59 AM   #36
stvpttrsn
empty page

stvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant future
...yeah fugazi!...I think I have all the cds...I guess fav would be in on the killtaker just because it was the first one I got...it's all good...
stvpttrsn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2006, 09:00 AM   #37
stvpttrsn
empty page

stvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant futurestvpttrsn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody

...everyone should own a copy of this...I never get tired of watching this one...
Old 06.23.2006, 09:01 AM   #38
stvpttrsn
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Anyone got any of the Fugazi Live Series CDs?

http://www.fugaziliveseries.com/

I have two (the most recent London one, and another that I can't remember), and they're excellent.

...I haven't got any of the live series, but there was some killer shows out on archive.org...
Old 06.23.2006, 09:43 AM   #39
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
instrument soundtrack: best album in my opinion
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2006, 01:46 PM   #40
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
sonicl, I have 4 or 5 of the live series.....I love them.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth