Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Yr Experience of meeting SY after a concert or what have you
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.08.2006, 05:08 AM   #21
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
that's some move you have (instinctively made)...like a put 'er there look combined with the extended hand...ingenious

hey, all done with friendly smiley abandonment, whats the worst he could have done? ignored me?

and rich, it was after sy played, you guys wouldnt hang around!!!!! it was just me and my mate mark left to fly the flag for the irish sy massive
Old 07.08.2006, 08:18 PM   #22
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
I never personally met with any of the band members before. The closest I ever came to actually meeting/conversing with any of the band members was a little while ago in Northampton MA when Thurston squeezed by me in a crowded room and said "excuse moi" and put his hand on my shoulder as he walked by to get to the stage to start their set. Lateer in the night, after SY had finished their first set, Thurston was off in the corner and was tapping his foot to the insane noise of the Magik Markers. Since he is so damn tall and his feet are pretty large (lucky Kim), the very tip of his shoe was actually bouncing up and down on mine wearing an even bigger hole in my already torn up Chuck Taylors. It was awesome. I didn't even care that he was creating a bigger hole in my sneaker, I just thought it was amazingly cool that one of my idols was repeatedly stepping on my foot.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 01:07 AM   #23
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
I recently saw them at empire sacramento and hung around to meet them afterward, Steve was SUPER nice, Lee was kindof hurried, I felt he might've been annoyed, Kim was really quiet and distant, cold really. Thurston was straight up cool. I wonder if Kim was just in a bad mood. Whatever, I've heard worse stories about "celebrities" HAH, ARE S-Y CELEBS?

I WANT TO BE FREE, IT'S NOT ON MTV

I read a recent interview in a magazine (right before RR) that involved kim and a female journalist. In this interview, Kim talked about why she becomes distant to SY audiences and some people in general. Shit, I forget what mag it was for though.

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 02:04 AM   #24
guitarwolf
little trouble girl

guitarwolf has tongues queuing up for a rim-festguitarwolf has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesonicevol
I read a recent interview in a magazine (right before RR) that involved kim and a female journalist. In this interview, Kim talked about why she becomes distant to SY audiences and some people in general. Shit, I forget what mag it was for though.

does anyone know what magazine this interview is from? I'm very interested in reading it.
guitarwolf is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 02:05 AM   #25
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
little trouble girl

AbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really nice
SHIT you've gotta tell me what mag, if you can't , can you remember what her reasons are
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 02:31 AM   #26
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
SHIT you've gotta tell me what mag, if you can't , can you remember what her reasons are
I'll look for it now. Hang on.

Old 07.09.2006, 02:36 AM   #27
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
I'd be interested in reading that article too. I did get kind of a weird vibe from her during the show, since I was directly in front of her, it felt like she didn't appreciate the audience's eye contact with her.

Lee came across as cool though. I ended up by his side near the end of the show due to some of the pushing etc, and people were handing him cd's, I think it was there demos, and he was cool enough to take them.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 02:49 AM   #28
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style
I'd be interested in reading that article too. I did get kind of a weird vibe from her during the show, since I was directly in front of her, it felt like she didn't appreciate the audience's eye contact with her.

Lee came across as cool though. I ended up by his side near the end of the show due to some of the pushing etc, and people were handing him cd's, I think it was there demos, and he was cool enough to take them.

http://www.popmatters.com/music/inte...h-060612.shtml
Here's the site with the interview. Enjoy. It doesn't answer nearly all but it gives you a peak inside of Kim's mind and feelings.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth