Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Michael Phelps, you are my new hero!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.06.2009, 03:14 PM   #61
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
he should have said that the weed helped him win gold medals. that would have been HILARIOUS!

see, Rob gets it!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 03:20 PM   #62
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the whole point being that weed smoking is OBVIOUSLY only a harm to those with addictive personalities. to those that are great athletes (and MANY basketbal, track, swimming, diving, baseball, football soccer guys smoke it up) weed is just recreation, like having some beers and shit.

no one ctries when athletes get loaded drunk.

but the STIGMA of "DRUUUUUUUUGS' is such that an uproar occurred.

ESPN.com had a poll asking whether you think less of Michael Phelps achievements becaus eof the weed, and with over 200,000 replies, it stood at around 24% yes and 76% No.
national policy does not compute with the desires of the populace.
Old 02.06.2009, 03:24 PM   #63
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the whole point being that weed smoking is OBVIOUSLY only a harm to those with addictive personalities. to those that are great athletes (and MANY basketbal, track, swimming, diving, baseball, football soccer guys smoke it up) weed is just recreation, like having some beers and shit.

no one ctries when athletes get loaded drunk.

but the STIGMA of "DRUUUUUUUUGS' is such that an uproar occurred.

ESPN.com had a poll asking whether you think less of Michael Phelps achievements becaus eof the weed, and with over 200,000 replies, it stood at around 24% yes and 76% No.
national policy does not compute with the desires of the populace.

exactly
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 03:27 PM   #64
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Well i know if i was paying hundreds of millions of dollars for an NBA player or NFL, i wouldn't want the chance of them playing high.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 03:33 PM   #65
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
Well i know if i was paying hundreds of millions of dollars for an NBA player or NFL, i wouldn't want the chance of them playing high.

or drunk. yet drink is legal, but we frown upon people showing up at work wasted.

which is why i pointed out (early on this thread) that smoking recreationally is not the same as being an fucking addict pothead with delusions.

i have nothing against hitting the volcano on friday night, or swilling some wine after work, but waking-and-baking or being an alkie are just no good shit.
Old 02.06.2009, 03:34 PM   #66
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
first, only basbeall players get hundreds of millions,a nd that is not what happene dto phelps.

swimmers donot get JACK SHIT as far as money. just sponsorships fom swimwear companies and such. Because of his fame and immense medal count, he received cntracts to shill for kellogg and whoever else. kellogs, being a kiddie brand, probably got a hundred chain calls and letters from some fucking "watchdog" group threatening to boycott frosted flakes. BULLSHIT. but it is how the system seems to work.
Old 02.06.2009, 03:36 PM   #67
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
first, only basbeall players get hundreds of millions,a nd that is not what happene dto phelps.

swimmers donot get JACK SHIT as far as money. just sponsorships fom swimwear companies and such. Because of his fame and immense medal count, he received cntracts to shill for kellogg and whoever else. kellogs, being a kiddie brand, probably got a hundred chain calls and letters from some fucking "watchdog" group threatening to boycott frosted flakes. BULLSHIT. but it is how the system seems to work.

and that's why he "apologized".

had he any balls he would have said "eh, i was just relaxing after inhaling chlorine all day"

but that would have cost him more money.

sure he doesn't make hundreds of milions, but he makes a nice living, considering.
Old 02.06.2009, 03:48 PM   #68
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
maybe in your world. i mean, just because that's how you admit defeat, it does not follow that others do the same.

True. I do it in real life as well.

Really though, you won the argument. But the posting of that picture showed you had nothing left to say. I was also pointed it out because SuchFrys does it a lot.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 03:54 PM   #69
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
True. I do it in real life as well.

Really though, you won the argument. But the posting of that picture showed you had nothing left to say. I was also pointed it out because SuchFrys does it a lot.

ha ha, i wanted a picture of a raised eyebrow (a valid answer in a face-to-face conversation, wouldn't you think? considering 80% of communication is body language), and i found that one w/ "fascinating" inscribed on it-- which was great, because it ironically (yes, ironically) further signified my utter disbelief at what i was supposed to answer, had i wanted to perpetuate the downward spiral.

ok im pondering semantics and sociology at this point-- not good fodder for the internet. i should go get lunch.
Old 02.06.2009, 04:18 PM   #70
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
^^Then ban alcohol for turning people into violent and uncoordinated morons.

cigerrettes for turning people into Marge Simpsons sisters.

Fast food for turning people into Jabba the Hut.

Please.

notice all of those things you listed are so much better after smoking pot.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 04:18 PM   #71
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
considering 80% of communication is body language)

that my friend, is precisely why you didn't pick up on my sarcasm from the very beginning of this thread, and often the cause of ALL the misunderstandings of my posts and threads on this board..

Old 02.06.2009, 04:22 PM   #72
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
or drunk. yet drink is legal, but we frown upon people showing up at work wasted.

which is why i pointed out (early on this thread) that smoking recreationally is not the same as being an fucking addict pothead with delusions.

i have nothing against hitting the volcano on friday night, or swilling some wine after work, but waking-and-baking or being an alkie are just no good shit.

Ricky Williams smoked pot, got suspended, came back and helped lead his team to the playoffs right after a 1-15 season. It has nothing to do with Ricky Williams years of dedication and training as well as natural talent...it was the weed that allowed him to become so good.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 04:23 PM   #73
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_willkillyou
Ricky Williams smoked pot, got suspended, came back and helped lead his team to the playoffs right after a 1-15 season. It has nothing to do with Ricky Williams years of dedication and training as well as natural talent...it was the weed that allowed him to become so good.

the way I see it..

study high..

take the test high..

get high scores!

Old 02.06.2009, 06:20 PM   #74
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
the way I see it..

study high..

take the test high..

get high scores!

Works for me (for real).

I wonder if I had been sober I would have got the highest score rather than second highest (100.5%) on my ap calculus test.
Old 02.06.2009, 06:24 PM   #75
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_willkillyou
notice all of those things you listed are so much better after smoking pot.

Food, but not alcohol or cigerrettes. That's addiction speaking. Especially with cigerrettes....that whole "cigerette after a meal, or being high tastes better" shit is bs. After you smoke for awhile it just doesn't matter...hence why you end up smoking a pack or more a day. Usually it's the first cig of the day that's the best.

I'm not telling ppl how to live their lives but I'm figuring out things about how I've been living mine.

In respect to yr argument I think alcohol makes you want to smoke cigs more than weed.

I know plenty of ppl who eat healthy, excersize like a son of a bitch, work two jobs, go to school, cough is also the drummer for my band, and doesnt touch cigs but smokes pot all the time. The only time he smokes a cig is when he is beligerantly drunk at a party or after a show. And he hates himself the next day.

Weird how it all works, eh?

I don't even know where u were going with yr statement, or if you smoke cigs or drink (Im pretty sure u toke) but it just sparked a random rant. and I'm trying to quit cigs.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2009, 06:27 PM   #76
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Works for me (for real).

I wonder if I had been sober I would have got the highest score rather than second highest (100.5%) on my ap calculus test.

"back in the day", weed helped me with a couple of science/philosophy type exams-- that is, of course, when i remembered to show up. cuz a lot of times, ha ha ha, i didn't. oh yeah. weed and responsibility don't mix well in my nervous system. it's best enjoyed when there's nothing to do.
Old 02.06.2009, 06:31 PM   #77
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
"back in the day", weed helped me with a couple of science/philosophy type exams-- that is, of course, when i remembered to show up. cuz a lot of times, ha ha ha, i didn't. oh yeah. weed and responsibility don't mix well in my nervous system. it's best enjoyed when there's nothing to do.
Yeah, I agree it is best enjoyed at those moments, but sometimes it is fun when there is stuff to do as well - then the things you've done before become new.
Old 02.06.2009, 06:36 PM   #78
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah, I agree it is best enjoyed at those moments, but sometimes it is fun when there is stuff to do as well - then the things you've done before become new.

yes, for a while, it's fun-- but then beware of the sippery slope of "having to" smoke to do anything. "to watch a movie", "to eat breakfast", "to play a game", "to think better", "to watch the clouds", "to listen to a record", "to do some yardwork". soon you've forgotten to bathe and you're 10 lbs fatter. ha ha ha ha. and the novelty wears off and all you have left is an expensive habit and if you can't smoke you start getting cranky/nervous/uneasy/desperate and you're ready to do anything to score some. yeah it's not physically addictive but psychologically it can be a big monkey on your back.
Old 02.06.2009, 06:46 PM   #79
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

I like to think I have great self-control. I know this is not so for everyone, it's different for everyone, and that not many generalizations should be made.
Old 02.06.2009, 06:52 PM   #80
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I like to think I have great self-control. I know this is not so for everyone. It's different for everyone, and that not many generalizations should be made.

all addicts believe they can "control" their addictions. this is self-delusional bullshit. i'm not saying you're an addict, by the way, but i've known plenty and it's usually that "oh i can quit whenever i want to" crap. that was me included. ha!

anyway i gotta go, have a good weekend.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth